Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My doc tells me I'll grow out of it, is this the case? I'm 21 now and I've had it since i was about 14.

Just when exactly will i grow out of it?

hmmm i mean some people in their 40s have acne im 20 and i have acne and i dont think im gonna grow out of it anytime soon so i make sure tht i wash my face twice a day and not let it get to my mind too much

well ive heard that if you have acne and it hasnt cleared up by around the age of 22, then you might have adult acne...

Im 20 and mines pretty mild now...prob from accutane....so i got a couple years i guess...

I'm 20 now too. Have had acne since 15 and still showing no signs of 'outgrowing' it. I've never heard of the 22 year old outgrow acne theory. All I keep hearing is that 25 is when most males outgrow their teenage acne. Even my dad said the same thing too so I'm convinced that I'm gonna have to wait for at least 5 years until my acne goes away naturally by itself. That is if I don't try accutane by then.

I'm really starting to think; will it ever go away?

If I'm not cured by 21, I'm gonna push for accutane anyway. I've just had about enough of this acne bullshit. Its practically turned me into a blemish freak.

I am 35 and still have zits... I was on the Pill for years and it worked great, but I had to stop taking it. Now it's back and I hate it... I'm going back to the dermatologist to see if there are any new treatments (I think most are bogus). I think, at least for some women, that it is hormonal.

imo, your doc is full of shit. no offense. i'm 27 my acne is mild, but it shows no signs of going away. i don't think i will ever outgrow this. my mom still gets the occasional zit around her period and she is damn near 50.

now if your a dude, i think guys have a better chance of outgrowing it, just cause they are not subject to all those hormonal changes that we girls are.

i use differin and sa, i have asked my doc when can i stop using it, she says maybe never. she says i may have to adjust my cleanser as i age and my skin gets drier but i may have to use the differin for many years to come.

hope yours is different though. smile.gif

my acne has been slightly better in my 20s. i'm now nearly 23. i hope it goes away 'naturally' - i'm not convinced it will though. maybe late 20s it will get much better though. i dont see many 30 year olds with acne.

the psychological effects will stay with me though. even on days when i'm practically clear i'm still f##ked in the head.

TIM

My derm also told me I'd "outgrow" it. I asked him if he realized I was 22 years old and out of college haha I feel GROWN. Gotta love it.