Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I am thinking about getting MicroLaserPeel treatment...

I have mild acne scarring on my both cheeks...combination of rolling, box, icepick scars...

My scars looks like the photo on the site...

http://fromyourdocto...cars_before.jpg

Sorry I don't have a good camera to capture my scars...

I use home kit microdermabrasion twice a week...and riten-a every day... to improve my skin texture..I thought this treatment would be better...

Please give me advice..thanks..neutral.gif

Edited by myskin2012

Hi, I am thinking about getting MicroLaserPeel treatment...

I have mild acne scarring on my both cheeks...combination of rolling, box, icepick scars...

My scars looks like the photo on the site...

http://fromyourdocto...cars_before.jpg

Sorry I don't have a good camera to capture my scars...

I use home kit microdermabrasion twice a week...and riten-a every day... to improve my skin texture..I thought this treatment would be better...

Please give me advice..thanks..neutral.gif

Are you talking about the Sciton micro laser peel? If so, it would not work for acne scars, because its too shalow. 50 microns is the norm for MLP which is shallow. It would be good to even your skin tone. I had MLP at 10 microns then ablative laser at 400 microns and there is no noticable difference. Had it done a month ago.

Are you talking about the Sciton micro laser peel? If so, it would not work for acne scars, because its too shalow. 50 microns is the norm for MLP which is shallow. It would be good to even your skin tone. I had MLP at 10 microns then ablative laser at 400 microns and there is no noticable difference. Had it done a month ago.

Hey 10yearswiththis, thank you for your advice...smile.png

You said it would be good to even my skin tone..., so...it does not correct my skin texture...like enlarged pores..?

Did you get this treatment done just for your skin tone..neutral.gif ?

How was downtime? When I researched, it says weekend peel and only need 3 days off and I will be able to get back to my work...

I've had Fraxel(non-ablative) laser treatments a few years ago...Doctor told me 30% to 70% of improvement...but it did nothing to my scars and at the end of the course, my skin broke out...

I really want to correct my skin texture, but my derm told me I should not get any strong laser treatment...because of my skin type...

I am thinking about fillers, but he also said it would not work on my scars...dry.png

Edited by myskin2012

Hey 10yearswiththis, thank you for your advice...smile.png

You said it would be good to even my skin tone..., so...it does not correct my skin texture...like enlarged pores..?

Did you get this treatment done just for your skin tone..neutral.gif ?

How was downtime? When I researched, it says weekend peel and only need 3 days off and I will be able to get back to my work...

I've had Fraxel(non-ablative) laser treatments a few years ago...Doctor told me 30% to 70% of improvement...but it did nothing to my scars and at the end of the course, my skin broke out...

I really want to correct my skin texture, but my derm told me I should not get any strong laser treatment...because of my skin type...

I am thinking about fillers, but he also said it would not work on my scars...dry.png

No I got it done for moderate and some severe acne scars. It would help a lot more for elarged pores than scars, but depends on how large the pores are.

The MLP has a lot less down time than the 400 micron one. It depends on your skin coloring, I'm white, so it was noticable for about 3 weeks. If you have dark skin and are a girl that can apply makeup then 4 days off for a 50 micron MLP should be plenty. The MLP is not a strong laser at all because again its only 50 microns. 50 microns will not fix acne scars. Based on your pic there I would really look into dermarolling. I have seen some before and after's with that type of more shallow scaring and rolling helped out a lot......70% in 6 months. I haven't started rolling but will in a month.

PS...I'll post before and after pics and we'll see if anybody notices a difference.

No I got it done for moderate and some severe acne scars. It would help a lot more for elarged pores than scars, but depends on how large the pores are.

The MLP has a lot less down time than the 400 micron one. It depends on your skin coloring, I'm white, so it was noticable for about 3 weeks. If you have dark skin and are a girl that can apply makeup then 4 days off for a 50 micron MLP should be plenty. The MLP is not a strong laser at all because again its only 50 microns. 50 microns will not fix acne scars. Based on your pic there I would really look into dermarolling. I have seen some before and after's with that type of more shallow scaring and rolling helped out a lot......70% in 6 months. I haven't started rolling but will in a month.

Thank you...! I hope I'll be able to cover up with some makeup...it would be nice if this treatment would help to minimize my enlarged pores...

but for my rolling and box scarring, I am not sure what to do...! I am hopeless at this point...!

Also I am scared of derma-rolling...I've heard a lot of terrible stories about it...!

PS...I'll post before and after pics and we'll see if anybody notices a difference.

it will be so helpful..! I will document my skin and post it, too if I decide to get this treatment...! Thank you again...!smile.png

Edited by myskin2012