Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I had bad cystic acne like about 6 months ago in september, around my temples. IDK what happened, IDK what set it off. But it was the worse breakout of my life(22 at the time). Anyway that is all cleared up with a few red marks left behind by my temples. My skin is fairly clear now with a few spots here and there.

Anyway my question: I've been weight lifting for about 8-9 weeks now(hasnt caused any problems) and i've been trying to bulk for about 3 weeks now on a strict diet, again hasn't caused a problem. But i read somewhere that diet changes take 3-6 months to show a real effect in acne on the skin. Should i be concerned that I'm fine now and continue bulking and then 3 months down the road start to break out badly?

My diet:

eggs

3 servings of fruit daily

LOTS of Veggies

Lots of turkey, chicken, some lean ground beef

rice(brown and white)

Beans(black, kidney, baked)

peanut butter(about 1-2 tblspoon a day)

Granola(not everyday but atleast every other day)

Occasionally Whole wheat bread, and oatmeal(kinda a rarity, but i don't think bread has ever caused me to break out)

LOTS OF WATER

Multivitamins

fish oil supplements

NO I REPEAT NO Protien shakes or weight gainers(I get all my protien from whole food sources.

Edited by Reapt

Diet changes can take any amount of time for you to notice a difference. You might notice changes in a couple of days. My skin cleared completely for the first time in a little over a month from the day I drank my last soda. Before that, when I finally figured out that my cystic acne was a reaction to citrus, cysts stopped forming as soon as I stopped consuming things that caused them.

Oh hmm. I saw something online that said wait 3-6 months to see if diet changes acne. SO i was a little confused. I was thinking I was in the clear because I've been using this diet for the past 4 weeks or so and it hasn't changed my skin. But when i saw that I was immediately sent into panic mode like thinking 3-6 months from now i'm gonna break out from this food now and I won't even know I'm doing it to myself.

Oh hmm. I saw something online that said wait 3-6 months to see if diet changes acne. SO i was a little confused. I was thinking I was in the clear because I've been using this diet for the past 4 weeks or so and it hasn't changed my skin. But when i saw that I was immediately sent into panic mode like thinking 3-6 months from now i'm gonna break out from this food now and I won't even know I'm doing it to myself.

Well, 1) you shouldn't go into panic modes over food or acne. 2) it could take many months 3) I don't know what diet you are following, but the basics are real, whole nutrient dense foods, more anti-inflammatory foods than inflammatory, in low to moderate glycemic load meals/drinks/snacks that don't include anything you have an intolerance for. And you should do that for life as it has benefits far more important than clear skin. It is how everyone should eat.