Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So im 17, ive been dealing with acne probably since i was 15. I started going to the pediatrician for my skin when i was 16 he first prescribed me

5% BP & CLINDAMYCIN

then

10%BP

Then

Epiduo (which i am still on)

The doctor told me if my acne doesnt go away after the epiduo treatment that i should go see a derm.

My acne isnt severe but i do have acne a lot. i barely get whiteheads its just that i have many scars and my acne doesnt really fade away. i would say i have moderate to severe acne.

My regimen is

morning i use clearasil foaming cleanser

and at night the same but after i put on the epiduo

Ive been very annoyed my acne lately cause its been very red and everyone tells me my face is red.....

I do want to start accutane but my appointment to the dermis april 5th :/

Do you have any suggestions that will help me fade away my scars and redness :/

Some nights i do put on sun burn relief with aloe and then the epiduo but ive stopped that.

thanks

Edited by MIAKID

Epiduo could be irritating your skin making it red. You could try moisturising, both morning and night with a simple, non comdogenic, fragrance & alcohol free moisturiser. This should help bring the redness down.

I used to use cetaphil mosturizing lotion but my face looked so greasy when i went to school it was a pain. and also at night i feel like all the mosturizer goes onto my pillow cause i always have to sleep sideways on my face

Epiduo could be irritating your skin making it red. You could try moisturising, both morning and night with a simple, non comdogenic, fragrance & alcohol free moisturiser. This should help bring the redness down.

Agree if your have dry skin. Avene hydrance optimale light cream is pritty good. Also your cleanser may be aggravating things. This may be a better option as its gentle on your skin http://www.purelynat.../acne-cleanser/ . I use it and don't even need to moisturise after, which is best. The less products your put on your skin the best. As long as you was away all the dirt everyday and your cleanser is not over drying.

Have you tried avoiding Dairy and High GI foods. Heard a lot of good things from doing this. It worked for me as well. Avoiding dairy is a must (packed full of hormones).

Edited by naturaldoctor