Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alexis Little

Foundation And Concealer For The Fair Ladies

I'm extremely fair skinned. Even worse now because I am on Accutane and can't go to a tanning bed. Well, I used to use Clinique and their lightest shade was too dark for me! Now I'm on Estee Lauder and I got their lightest shade but I noticed halfway through the winter that it didn't match. That makes me upset because now I have like $200 in cosmetics that I can't use and the Estee Lauder was so comfortable and you could layer it for amazing coverage. Ugh.

I can't seem to find anything light enough. I'd really like to try something a bit better at matching my skin.

Already tried mineral makeup (could already tell what everyone was going to say, lol). I will go back to that post accutane but right now it does not have the coverage I need.

I understand your situation, my skin's like a sheet of paper, and they don't provide any make-up for us palies :( I used Estee Lauder, Ecru (lightest shade) prior to accutane and that was too dark for me too. I'm clear now after accutane and I use N07 intelligent colour because it blends into your skin tone really well (looks like you've got no make-up on). However, it's very light so not great if you're still wanting something with a bit more coverage. You could try buying some white powder (the kind goths wear to make themselves really pale) and mix it into your current foundation to lighten it up. You could also try buying a white corrector liquid makeup and mix that with your Estee Lauder. I've never tried it myself, but I've read about people doing this.

I use Clarins everlasting foundation in Ivory which i think is their lightest shade but it really works and gives a very full coverage without any heaviness. If its an issue of wanting to use your old products why don't you try fake tan? x

I also have this problem. I find the clinique foundation a bit too pink/orangey, even in the lightest shade.

I use Clarins everlasting foundation in Ivory which i think is their lightest shade but it really works and gives a very full coverage without any heaviness. If its an issue of wanting to use your old products why don't you try fake tan? x

Looked at their website. I added it to my favorites. I might give it a try. And no fake tan. I love being fair skinned. I guess I might just try selling it to my mom or something.

I also have this problem. I find the clinique foundation a bit too pink/orangey, even in the lightest shade.

Yeah. I guess I won't buy it again. Estee Lauder was actually really good and only slightly off. Great coverage though.

Cover FX makes products for people with troubled skin, and I think they have a concealer that's pretty light. Here's a link. You can try it out at Sephora and see if it'll match.

I've always wondered about clarins, how do you find the coverage? And the pinkyness/yellowness tones in it? If that last question makes any sense to you!

I think the balance of red and yellow totally depends on what shade you get but i have ivory that is quite yellow-normal but i like that because it counteracts the redness of my face and acne. I think the coverage is awesome it is super pigmented so its not all cake but you can also build up layers over specific problem areas. Im sure if you go to a clarins counter they will let you try it. Also i love buying things from there cause they always have free gifts! xx

My mother is very fair skinned. Not sure about your budget, but she's a big fan of Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier. They match her perfectly and offer pretty good coverage.

I myself am fairly pale and I use Clinique. I've never had a problem with it. It covers great and it doesn't break me out. *shrug*