Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lyriaz

Scar Spot Treatments, what acid?

I have the Super CP Serum from skinbiology.com, and I also have the exfol cream. However, being only 2% salicylic acid, i don't think the cream is going to give me fast results in removing my pitted scars (they aren't from acne actually, they are from chickenpox).

My question is, what should I buy if I want a stronger acid? Glycolic? Lactic? I've been looking at the products from puredeming.com, and wondered if any of them would work well in conjunction with the CP Serum. From what I hear, everyone seems to use tca for spot treatment, but is that the only option?

Thanks!

Hi, I'm sorry to say that no creams will remove pitted scars. However, there are treatments that work for them such as fillers, punch grafts, dermabrasion, and TCA Cross. You might want to validate what I say with a plastic or dermatologic surgeon and avoid wasting time on things that don't work. Good luck in your quest

I know the cream won't work well, that's why I'm asking.

I have heard that tca complex works very well together with copper peptides, but my question is: will other acids like lactic and glycolic work in the same way tca complex does?

I want to be very clear about this: None of the things that you mentioned will remove pitted scars. I really do hate to dash your hopes, but you're just wasting time and money on this line of thinking. Not to mention the risks involved with using strong peels and such.

okay oldguy, but i'd really like a second opinion anyway.

i've heard good things about tca/copper peptides from numerous people on the board. i also had a dialogue with someone who said they almost completely removed a scar on the forehead (where mine is) using 8% tca complex and super cp serum.

I'm curious, have you used all these things yourself for any period of time?

I'd have to agree with oldguy on this there is no cream lotion or peel that will remove pitte scars the only wasy to remove them is tca cross or pucn excision and dermabrasion afterwards

Peels may improve the appearance of your skin but will not remove acne scarring. You might consider looking into some more invasive scar treatments which are listed in the Frequently Asked Questions topic.

If you're trying to get rid of chicken pox scars, glycolic and lactic peels will probobly do next to nothing. I've tried both and didn't even peel. If you want some improvement, tca's would be a much better option. I've done a series of 6-12%'s on very mild scars and they're almost completely gone. I know that if I did a stronger percentage, they'd be gone for good. I'm not sure why some people say you can never get rid of a scar completely because it's happpened to me before.

If you're trying to get rid of chicken pox scars, glycolic and lactic peels will probobly do next to nothing. I've tried both and didn't even peel. If you want some improvement, tca's would be a much better option. I've done a series of 6-12%'s on very mild scars and they're almost completely gone. I know that if I did a stronger percentage, they'd be gone for good. I'm not sure why some people say you can never get rid of a scar completely because it's happpened to me before.

Glycolic or Lactic acid will do nothing in regard to removing or diminishing in any way the appearance of scarring of any type. I talk from experience. I do not know about TCA though. If you have luck spot treating with some sort of TCA peel product let us know. Good luck,

James