Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilingeyes

Before/After Pics of Many Procedures

Hey all,

I was looking for some real before/afters of smoothbeam and found this place in South Carolina which takes and posts before and afters. Some are of patients at the clinic, others are from the various websites (candela, obagi, etc...) but I do not think any are retouched.

Have fun viewing!

http://www.implantforum.com/heavenlyspa/

BTW, you have to scroll down the first page a bit before you get to the pic section...

Great stuff Nancy, that's really useful for me as I'm hoping to have smoothbeam done at around about Christmas time.

By the way, do you remember a thread that Maya did that contained extensive pictures, before and after, of all the procedures she had undergone? It was only up for about 2 days before the board got hacked and it got deleted. It's a real shame, it was really interesting to see the different results she'd had from so many procedures.

Sigh.

Thanks, anyway!

When viewing before/after pictures please be aware that retouching is not the only way that they can make things appear better.

They can use:

- different lighting

- different angles

- take the picture from farther away

- apply makeup

- filters

I was a professional photographer for about 10 years, and I know the "tricks" to make people look better. smile.gif

They are either using filters, or they altered the after pictures. You can always tell this if, for example, they are trying to prove something gets rid of red marks, the after pics are yellow looking. OursFan, if you had a close look at some of these you would not only concur, but you would probably have a chuckle. biggrin.gif

I actually posted that reply before I had looked at the pictures (!) and after viewing them, I do agree that they look as though the participants have had suspiciously good results. (at least in reduction of redness, anyway)

However, Obi's pictures in the gallery show a similar level of reduction in red marks through smoothbeam treatment, although admittedly Obi's pictures are spaced around a year apart (during which time the red marks will usually have healed considerably anyway).

Hmm. I am always sceptical of before/after photos, but I still plan to go ahead with smoothbeam treatment. Hopefully I can post some *unaltered* photos afterwards!

If I'm not mistaken, aren't these pictures from the spa that SkinRN owns?? She posted some info about Smoothbeam a couple of months ago....some very helpful info IMO on what is the proper cooling spray setting given a certain joule setting.