Retin A Micro Users...

Notifications
Clear all

Retin A Micro Users : Advice Or Encouragement!

MemberMember
(@sonshine415)

Posted : 02/20/2012 7:38 pm

Hey everyone! I have been dealing with SEVERE adult acne since Sept and I have been on minocycline which has helped it 80 percent...now I am left with SEVERE hyperpigmation, brown spots, marks, etc. ugh i still look like I have severe acne..I refuse to use Accutane so I am on the second best thing I hear which is Retin A Micro. It has been almost 3 weeks on it and I am super oily, a few new breakouts (nothing major yet), but I am super red and I was just wondering any suggestions on cleasners and mostizurers? Also, does retin a help? or am i wasting my time?

THANKS!

MemberMember
(@keiko1)

Posted : 02/20/2012 8:01 pm

Retin-a micro is amazing. I've been using it for about 7 months now. I went on accutane and kept my pores clear using retin-a micro. My face was red after the first month of using it, it's really calmed down since than. I find it brings out the redness more where ur hyperpigmentation is located. Don't worry, stick with it. If you say all your dealing with now is scars, than accutane will not be the option. Retin-a Micro however can fade those scars and keep your pores clear. As for cleanser/moisturizer, use a non-comedogenic like Cetaphil or even Dans Regimen has a a great cleanser/moisturizer from what i hear.

MOISTURIZE on retin-a even if you have oily skin. It will help with redness and your future peeling of the skin.

Take care

MemberMember
(@brooklynn1234)

Posted : 03/28/2013 7:10 pm

Keiko1 has the retin a made your pores look smaller? Just wondering because I am using retin a for this reason.

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 03/29/2013 6:57 pm

Retin a micro made me oily even though it was supposed to dry me out - never did. lol I do remember it took me a while to adjust - probably 2-3 months for me. But I did see some improvement after about 6 weeks. Atralin seemed to have the same effect as retin a micro, but with less side effects for me

Brooklynn,

retin a micro never made my pores smaller, but i didn't have as many blackheads/gunk in my pores. retin a micro did a good job with that....