Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chewy34

Multivitamins & Acne

Hello, I was wondering if anybody has any information about whether multivitamins affect acne or not? Are there any specific vitamins or nutrients that would make it worse? I have a jar of multivitamins that say "iodine" is one of the ingredients, but I had a suspicion that iodine exacerbated the problem so I haven't tried it yet.... but the concept of getting all of my daily vitamins in one pill - it's simply mind boggling.

- Chewy34

A vitamin supplement is very crucial to the overall function of the body. There are about 8 or 10 vitamins and minerals in a multivit supplement that help your skin. It is true though, that if you are very sensitive to iodine, a supplment with iodine in it could cause you to break out. But so can fish.

When people talk about your diet causing acne, the only thing that you eat that causes acne, is iodine (therefore you would want to avoid it in a vitamin). Be very careful with this. Most table salts are fortified with iodine... try to avoid it.