Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
abcd

HELP!!!!

Hey...

Just really need some assistance. My pimples/scars/indents are just getting so totally bad. I really need some help. It just hurts so much looking in the mirror these days. Really depressing!!! Why can't I have nice skin for just one day sad.gif

Have a look at the pics and help me out guys. What do you'se suggest? what natural products? or treatments or creams ... whatever ... it's just really getting to me heaps. Ta.

http://photos.yahoo.com/hearts_desire_forever

- P-man

It's like this ALL over my face!!!

heres some things you could do

#1 Have you tried using anti biotics from a Doctor or Dermatolgist? (short term)

#2 Forget about scars and indents, you have to clear your acne first, tackle one problem at a time. (long term)

#3 Stop eating bread and anything with wheat in it. This is the next breakthrough in acne treatments. People dont realise that humans are not designed to eat grains contained in pasta, bread, cereal etc or anything with flour in. You will probably lose weight doing this also. (long term, very important!

#4 Take regular exercise (long term)

#5 smile (very long term)

I agree with thenewshmoo get treatment for the acne first and then tackle the the scars. What I tend to do is wash my face with a acne wash and then use aveeno menthol mouisturizer after to heal and soothe the face so it doesnt get irritated and try to sleep on your back not on your face

Hi, you need to go to a dermatologist immediately and get some serious meds. The longer you put it off, the more you risk scarring. Don't try natural products or treatments or creams. Get yourself to a doctor, pronto. If you have to wait a few weeks you should use some benzoyl peroxide. Good luck

There are many things you can try. Here's a list of several

1. Over-the-counter medications such as

a. Benzoyl Peroxide

b. Salicylic Acid

2. See a Dermatologist and get a prescription. Here are some that might work:

a. Tetracycline

b. Minocycline

c. Retin-A Micro

d. Others I can't think of at the moment

3. If none of the above works and/or you are scarring then I suggest you research Accutane and see if the benefits outweigh the side effects.

*You need to treat the acne before you treat the scarring*

Eat healthy, drink lots of water and take vitamins if you are able to.

Good call on the wheat thenewshmoo. I think it may be the gluten in it I'm not sure. Helped me out anyway. I also started taking Omega 3 Fatty acids and that did wonders for my skin but whatever you decide to try you should make an appointment with a dermatologist.

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all da great tips (keep em coming if u can) ... just thinking bout it recently and you know what?? I'm gonna get rid of these pimples!!! Gonna really soak in all your hints ... But meanwhile ... as I do that, I'm gonna do what 'thenewshmoo' suggested ... that is smile ....

who knows? maybe that's one of the secrets of being cured even faster??? Anyways I'll keep you'se updated .. thanks again guys ...

P-Man

I used to have acne like you. I went to several doctors and their many "treatments" only made me worse. High strength salicylic acid saved my face. If I were in your position, I would give it a try.

Hey Guys ...

Thanks for all the tips ... will put them into practice

Still having heaps of probs ... been busy with school so haven't been able to see a dermatologist but will in the next few wks...

It looks like my acne is getting worse and worse by the month ... will it ever end??? Here is a comparison of my cheeks during September and that of today ... November ... what on earth is going on??

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hearts_desir...rever/my_photos

I've been hearing about these 2 extra methods/treatments ... what do you guys/gals think?? Are they any good? Do they really work? Will they be any good for me??

Also if I go to a dermatologist and he says I need some surgery, I'm scared of the prices ... how much will it be (in AUS dollars) ... How much are the consultations with dermatologists?? Does Medicare (Aussies will know about this) or health care/inurance help cover any of the costs?? In the end, it could be way expensive, right??

Treatments:

1) http://www.proactiv.net.au/stories/stories...1b448a1d2bb196e

2) http://www.imagebylaser.com.au/ACNETREATMENT.htm

Thanks guys/gals ... need all the help I can get for the best price around and need something that actually WORKS!!!

you know when I saw your picturesx it reminded me so much of my skina few years ago and I will tell you the one thing that I would do if I was given 7 years back in my life.

ACCUTANE

Irrespective of what people say.THIS WORKS when nothin else does and will help you never get a pimple again or very few if any.

Consult your doctor but push for it.I dont want you to go through what I went through so use it.Trust me

abcd, you have pretty severe cystic acne and it will leave scars. Every day you go without treating it with Accutane, or something else strong, is a day you will regret down the road. You really should trust those of us that have been there, done that, and are still trying to deal with the scars. Call a dermatologist and make an appointment TODAY.

I agree with Old Guy. The scars are even worse to deal with than the acne. If I were u I wouldn't waste time trying different prescriptions because you may go through several months. I would ask for Accutane. And do make your appointment immediately, don't wait 2 weeks.

The last three posters are right, Accutane is your solution. If I were you, I'd also take 2-3 months off from school to deal with it. I bet stress is one of the factors in your case, other than heredity and maybe the Australian climate. You will also have a large breakout during the initial stage of Accutane, and you may want to get some treatment for that, ie. cortisone injections, until the Accutane starts kicking in.

For severe cystic acne that causes scarring, I would definitely look into Accutane. It's not a decision to take lightly though - there are possible side effects. You need to make the best decision for yourself.

Hey ...

You all are great to talk to, encouraging and very helpful ... thanks heaps ...

I've now finished school for the year so I'm definitely gonna see a dermatologists and I've got 3 months holiday so hopefully will be able to see some sort of results before I go back?? Will certainly bug dermatologist about accutane ... how long does it take until results start being seen? Heard that accutane causes breakouts, how long will this last??

Thanks once again, peeps ... got a long 3 mths ahead of me but am willing to fight hard against the acne ... will keep you all updated and send regular pics ...

Laters

You should start seeing results within 2 weeks of starting Accutane, with full effects apparent after about 6 weeks, according to Roche, the drug's maker. Not sure, but in Australia may be known as Roaccutane, as in Britain. The breakout phase shouldn't last more than two or three weeks. You'll probably be completely clear, or close, by the time you go back to school. Gotta get on it mate.

Hey ...

You all are great to talk to, encouraging and very helpful ... thanks heaps ...

I've now finished school for the year so I'm definitely gonna see a dermatologists and I've got 3 months holiday so hopefully will be able to see some sort of results before I go back?? Will certainly bug dermatologist about accutane ... how long does it take until results start being seen? Heard that accutane causes breakouts, how long will this last??

Thanks once again, peeps ... got a long 3 mths ahead of me but am willing to fight hard against the acne ... will keep you all updated and send regular pics ...

Laters

abcd the only side effect I had with accutane was dry lips.I wasnt kssing anyone then so it did not matter.

I am not saying you wont have any side effect but trust me it is worth it.

I went on 4-5 tablets.DOnt know what they are called here but in INdia they were (Cynomycin,Martidox and a few others ) before roaccutane and had I gone on roaccutane straight away I would probably not be here.would probably be married to the girl of my dreams(Thats another story).Just stressing the point for your benefit

Keep me updated.

Good Luck

Go on accutone or try minocycline. I have kind of like yours but a degree less. Im on minocycline but it helps a bit but not much. My next appointment is in 3 weeks. I will get Accutane because this isn't working for me. It's worse than mine so I would urge you to get antibiotics Now. Even if you don't have insurance get an appointment get accutane now cuz it will be less expensive than treating all your scars later on in life, trust me. Or maybe not cuz tca is kinda cheap but still preventing is better than afterwards.

Again Go to the derm between now and a few weeks.. better to get it right now. Mate i've been there so it's gonna be ok just get it treated asap.

Call derm now btw.. the call to it and the real appointment was approx 3 months between.. they are busy as hell.. Maybe in that case go to the doc and get it prescribed. Just try

accutane is made for ppl like you (and me) and I wish I had started it when my acne first started to look like that - years later and now I'm here at this board sad.gif It's funny I never noticed the scarring until after the acne had cleared up 90% but maybe that's b/c it was covered up by all the cysts etc. Anyway, eat whatever you want but start taking accutane!

Hey People ...

How's this? I had a doctors appointment a couple of wks ago ... he redirected me to a dermatologist ... I asked the doctor how long it'd take for a appointment to be scheduled, and he said prob 3 weeks ... So I rang the dermatologist and his secretary said exactly the same ... 3 weeks ... then she told me to hold on cos some other people had cancelled their appointments ... She checked the bookings and I was able to get an appointment 2 days after the call!!! How cool is that!!!

Anyways, I'm on Antibiotics for the first 2 wks (until nxt wk), then I start roaccutane ... Just making sure of something ... Once starting roaccutane, I don't stop the antibiotics do I? I keep going with the antibiotics as well as taking the roaccutane right?

I have to take 2 antiobiotics daily, and will be taking roaccutane once per day for the first month, then twice per day after that. Hopefully all goes well hey. Fingers crossed. Dermatologist says I gotta see him every 2 months and that I gotta get blood tests done before then ... to check glucose levels or something right?

Anyway, will continue to keep you guys updated ... thanks for everything

Hey People ...

How's this? I had a doctors appointment a couple of wks ago ... he redirected me to a dermatologist ... I asked the doctor how long it'd take for a appointment to be scheduled, and he said prob 3 weeks ... So I rang the dermatologist and his secretary said exactly the same ... 3 weeks ... then she told me to hold on cos some other people had cancelled their appointments ... She checked the bookings and I was able to get an appointment 2 days after the call!!! How cool is that!!!

Anyways, I'm on Antibiotics for the first 2 wks (until nxt wk), then I start roaccutane ... Just making sure of something ... Once starting roaccutane, I don't stop the antibiotics do I? I keep going with the antibiotics as well as taking the roaccutane right?

I have to take 2 antiobiotics daily, and will be taking roaccutane once per day for the first month, then twice per day after that. Hopefully all goes well hey. Fingers crossed. Dermatologist says I gotta see him every 2 months and that I gotta get blood tests done before then ... to check glucose levels or something right?

Anyway, will continue to keep you guys updated ... thanks for everything

Hey. I'm really glad you were able to get an appointment that quick.

Which antibiotic are you taking? If you're taking tetracycline, minocycline or doxycycline you can't take them at the same time as accutane. There are interactions.

Good luck with everything and keep us up to date smile.gif

Paul86 - The antibiotics I am using are called erythromycin ethylsuccina. It's abbrievated name is EES.

The dermatologist hasn't really explain things that well ... I'm kinda disappointed actually. Hopefully he'll be more helpful in the future...

The notes on the prescription say 'TAKE ONE TABLET TWICE DAILY UNTIL ALL TAKEN' ... I have 3 lots of 75 capsules, so I guess I'm meant to follow these instructions (with the roaccutane later on) for the next 2 and a half months ... cos that's probably how long they'll last b4 they run out. And I'm meant to see him in about 2 and a half months ...

I'm gonna ring him to make sure

Thanks