Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trytry

How To Meditate For Clear Skin ?

I want to give this a try - imaging the skin is getting better - and it might clear my acne

the problem is that i dont know what should i imagine - should i imagine the pimples and than seeing them go away or should i focus on my skin and think of it as smooth ?

i think i can also do damage and make new pimples appear - so any advaise ?

As much and I love meditation and thinking positive, I don't actually think this will work, and I can imagine you stressing yourself out too much about relying on yourself imagining clear skin. I believe thinking positive about acne would help keep you motivated to do things to help stop it. However, if you're not taking care of yourself and you're just relying on imagining yourself with clear skin, you're going to end up disappointed more than likely.

That's not to say that how you think doesn't have an effect. Keep up meditation, but learn to let go of worrying about things rather than trying hard to imagine them fixed. That will definitely help relieve stress, which will definitely help with acne.

Meditation helps lower stress hormones so it is a good thing to do along with other treatments from your doctor. I like meditation and have found it helps to read about buddhist meditation to get a good background on why it helps. Also you may want to check out a meditation tape from the library to help get you started. Most meditation is done by sitting upright in a chair and becoming aware of your breathing. Thoughts may come and go but just come back to your breathing. Do this for about 10 minutes to start. That's it. Just be aware of your breathing. Then try a meditation where you start with breathing and then be aware of the sounds around you. That's it. Don't try to force thoughts or anything. Your body is a wonderful healing machine and will take care of itself. You can think positive thoughts...that's good but don't force things. The key is to accept things as they are...to be mindful of what is and how things are constantly changing. Anything is possible. Healing is possible. Let it be...

watch yoga videos, personally I'd recommend (dont be sceptik please) telekinesis and astral travel. You need a lot to concentration to do it, you learn to meditate, believe it or not, you become smarter somehow, i dont mean your brain increases its IQ, but it helps making you think more fluently and focus more

I agree entirely with Tunnelvisionary. I don't think meditation through focusing on your skin will help. The point of meditation is to bring yourself back into the present moment, and to clear your mind. Thinking into the future and of clear skin is entirely counterproductive. I have found meditation to help with my stress, but not at all the way you described. I practice simple recognition meditation most of the time and do at least 5 minutes of sitting meditation daily to clear my mind and help manage stress. Through stress management and ultimately a more harmonious, happy existence can potentially come clearer skin (based on stress reduction). Look into mindfulness and buddhist meditation. Letting go of your stresses and worries will ultimately help you more than visualizing clear skin. Based on buddhist meditation, you actually are not meditating when you're focusing on obtaining clear skin in the way you described. Meditation requires a clear mind, focusing only on your breathing and existing peacefully in the present moment.

I highly recommend this book. I've read all the basics and am putting them into practice before I finish the rest of it.

http://www.plumvilla...ery-breath.html

Edited by jennifer36

I actually do mindfulness - or at least want to do it lol

I have dust allergy and when doing it it clears my nose completly - now it is about correct breathing but still - good results

i dont know you all have a point - but what if .....

thank you all for your responses - except Chestrcool - you asshole ............. no just jk lol

CVD,jennifer - very intersting : wonderful healing machine and will take care of itself. You can think positive thoughts...that's good but don't force things

thinking of my skin healthy - is it forcing ? cause that seems just like positive thinking ?

Edited by trytry

I have dust allergy and when doing it it clears my nose completly - now it is about correct breathing but still - good results

thank you all for your responses - except Chestrcool - you asshole ............. no just jk lol

CVD,jennifer - very intersting : wonderful healing machine and will take care of itself. You can think positive thoughts...that's good but don't force things

thinking of my skin healthy - is it forcing ? cause that seems just like positive thinking ?

haha you're welcome

Thinking of your skin as healthy defeats the purpose of basic buddhist meditation though. Thinking of your skin as clear is forcing it, instead just find joy in each moment and stay positive about everything. The point of meditation is to clear your mind, to acknowledge and release your stresses to the universe, and to exist only in the present moment. When you think of your skin as healthy, you are dwelling in the future, a habit energy that needs to be acknowledged. When you start thinking about your skin as clear you have to acknowledge that you're thinking in the future, and this can bring you back to the present moment, the only one that truly exists. Being mindful of your habit energies is one of the first steps in meditation. When you acknowledge them, you can release them. It takes a lot of practice. One of the reasons it's so important to not visualize a goal like this is because then we are constantly chasing a "lure", and when we attain it we find we're not happy, and need to chase another one. Happiness in the present moment, clear skin or not, can be achieved through mindfulness and meditation. Clearing your mind and enjoying exactly what you're doing, whether that be making tea, taking a shower, walking the dog or meditating. Focus only on what you are doing. When you start thinking about your skin in the future try to clear your mind and focus only on your breathing, into your stomach and out of your stomach. Do this sitting in the full lotus position for 5 minutes daily and this will help you so much. Anytime I feel stressed I do this and it releases all of my negative energy. Do some reading into buddhism and get a traditional buddhist meditation book. I usually sit in the full lotus position on a pillow while I read, and focus on my breathing the entire time, clearing my mind and focusing only on breathing and the words I am reading. If you have trouble clearing your mind, there are poems you can say to yourself while you meditate. Most buddhism books will have a bunch of these "Gathas" in them.

Guest Timehealsall

So you have never had negative thoughts or thought negatively regarding your skin? If so, did it have a negative affect/impact on ur skin?

So you have never had negative thoughts or thought negatively regarding your skin? If so, did it have a negative affect/impact on ur skin?

I definitely have spent years thinking negatively about my skin, and it most certainly affected my skin negatively. Acne -> stress over acne -> more acne. Neverending cycle.

For the past few months I've tried to either not think about my skin, or not worry about my skin. Nearly impossible though. Mindfulness and meditation is the only way I've been able to happily live in the present without worrying about it, and this is a pretty new thing for me. I bought the book Peace is Every Breath about two weeks ago and have been a lot happier since. It teaches good basic meditation and how to release negative thoughts, mainly by simply acknowledging them. My skin is looking better right now than it has in a while as well.

My acne ?

now im on antibiotics - allmost 2-3 months now and i do other stuff to - well all the white heads were gone but it now came back and now it big nasty white heads

Edited by trytry