Notifications
Clear all

What's The Regimen's Results Like For You?

MemberMember
(@emmarose)

Posted : 01/25/2012 12:59 pm

Hi all

New to the forums but just read over the regimen and explored the site, what an amazing resource. Thanks.

Anyway I'm thinking of buying the regimen products, but as someone who's recently only used fully natural solutions (that have, to be honest, had less than great effect) I'd like to get an idea of what types of acne it works for, and any tips or differentiations in the regimen's use, that people have found over time using it?

It'd also be great to get an idea of how long it took before you saw results, given correct and consistent use of course. :)

Thanks very much and looking forward to exploring the forums more!

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 01/26/2012 10:20 pm

Hi Emma, i use Dan's products and i'm now 100% clear. I had moderate acne, with very occasional cysts.

My experience (in bullet points)

• week 1. Huge improvement with active acne drying up. Got really excited.

• week 2. Officially entered into hell. Dry, burning, red, itchy and slightly swollen face. Huge breakout with my skin being worse than ever. When my mum saw my face she asked me to stop the regimen as it didnt look like it was good for me. As I was determined that it WAS going to work, I kept at it.

• week 3. Burning and itchy sensation reducing but still uncomfortable. Acne drying up again. Still very dry and flaky.

• week 4. Acne contining to dry up and clear. Very few new pimples occurring. Burning and redness almost all gone. Still very dry and flaky.

• week 5. Skin continuing to be clearer but remains dry and flaky. Started to introduce AHA+

• Week 6. Skin slightly clearer than week before. Now have no blackheads at all, but still getting 1 or 2 occassional pimples. AHA+ doing wonders with dryness.

• Week 7 - 11. No real noticeable improvement on week 6, but maintaining very few new breakouts. Texture of skin slightly improving.

• 3-5 months - Completely clear. Have only had 2 new pimples in the past 2 months and skin is smooth, hydrated and pigmentation (caused by acne irritation) is fading fast. Can easily not wear makeup and no one notices.

So thats my experience with the Regimen. I think Dan's products are amazing and highly recommend them but there is no doubt that its quite a commitment. The first 3 weeks are awful, with painful burning skin, bad breakouts and extreme dryness but if you are consistant and committed and get past the early weeks, you will be rewarded.

I hope the above helps, and good luck with the Regimen.

vernice and Gilliand liked
MemberMember
(@gilliand)

Posted : 02/01/2012 4:27 am

I've been doing the regimen for about 5 weeks now. First couple of weeks lots of burning after applying moisturizer and very red skin. I have only had a cople of new pimples on the side of my nose. All blackheads are gone and the couple of stubborn pimples I've had forever are really starting to go away. I'm almost totally clear now. I couldn't find any 2.5 BP and had to use 5%. I would apply a little the first few weeks and then slowly increase as your skin becomes accustom to BP. Good Luck.

MemberMember
(@vernice)

Posted : 08/19/2014 1:26 am

@Ayeaye

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Regimen. I am 6 days now with the regimen and my mom saw that my face is a bit swollen, well she freaked out more than me :) and it is a great relief to know that you had encountered swollen face for the first few weeks. Well im thinking to apply the BP at night only, i dont want to rush the process and every person has different skin type.

My chin started to flaked out and slightly on my cheek. Thank God that I dont have sensitive skin and will still use the regimen until I see great results.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 08/19/2014 4:42 pm

I've been using the regimen for seven months. The first month, my face got really dry and red. I had a whole bunch of flakes and I looked like I had a bad sunburn. When I introduced AHA+ into my regimen, the flaking disappeared almost instantly and the redness subsided. As time went on, I got clearer and clearer, maybe around two months after I had started. Then, I realized that I didn't need so much BP to help me stay clear, so I started using it only at night. I also decreased my dosage so that my face wouldn't be so dry. Now, I use only a segment of a finger full only at night. I am in the process of stopping the regimen, but I am doing it slowly and carefully. My face is almost completely clear, but I do have to deal with slight dryness and redness from the regimen, and my skin looks kind of worn down. I want to rejuvenate my skin once I stop the Regimen. Although my skin doesn't glow, it is so much clearer than when I started, so I am so happy that the Regimen worked so good. I wish that it would not make your skin look so worn down during the process, but at least it cleared me up.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/19/2014 9:35 pm

Oh wow, this thread is a blast from the past. I forgot I had even recorded a time frame....how handy! I never ever want to go through that second week again.....it was awful!

vernice, I agree that slowly is the way to go. I know I was too heavy handed with the BP (got a bit excited with the first week's results) and I think a much slower and steady increase is the best method.

Good luck! :)