Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
limpbizkitfan

There Is No Cure For Acne

^^^ Yeah i had enough time on my hands to read about what's healthy. So far this is what I cam to conclusion:

-organic meat, organic organ meat.

-Fish (clams, oysters)

-raw sesame seeds

-ground flax seeds

-avacados

-fruit (exclusing citrus) & limited fruit consumption

-baked vegetables w/ coconut oil (excluding midnight shades, and starchy vegetables)

-small amounts of raisins & dried fruit

-homemade fermented vegetables

-zinc suppliments

-2 to 3 Liters of water per day

-vegetable soup with bone broth & meat broth.

-EVOO

-green leafy vegetables for a raw salad w/ lemon and EVOO & pepper

-boiled greens (the really fibrous, dense ones)

And cut out: Grains, gluten, dairy, wheat, soy, eggs, corn, starch, midnight shades, sugar, and oil (besides coconut & EVOO).

*But I don't really like eating meat, it kinda makes me feel sick so I would probably avoid meat and suppliment with B complex. I like fresh tasting clean stuff like fish, vegetables, and fresh fruit.

This is healthy right?

@dreamingofclearskin

everybody had bacteria on the face, its normal, you can find P.acnes on a baby skin, you can have acne under control with dans regimen for example, which destroys 99.9% of bacteria, but its not against the main factors

That seems a good diet, you can add sweet potatoes, yams, quinoa, amaranth, etc. If you just eat this food its going to bore you, dont be afraid to cook, if you dont enjoy your food you are not going to have a good mental state. You can try different healthy recipes. For example, today i ate a traditional food which i found interesting, im so lucky my mom cooks really good, it was bolined chicken, many vegetables were added to give it taste, the rest of my family ate it with rice, except me, i added sweet potatoe and white yams. It was delicious, you gotta enjoy your food.

ps: try sweet potatoes with some honey...delicious

^^^ Yeah i had enough time on my hands to read about what's healthy. So far this is what I cam to conclusion:

-organic meat, organic organ meat.

-Fish (clams, oysters)

-raw sesame seeds

-ground flax seeds

-avacados

-fruit (exclusing citrus) & limited fruit consumption

-baked vegetables w/ coconut oil (excluding midnight shades, and starchy vegetables)

-small amounts of raisins & dried fruit

-homemade fermented vegetables

-zinc suppliments

-2 to 3 Liters of water per day

-vegetable soup with bone broth & meat broth.

-EVOO

-green leafy vegetables for a raw salad w/ lemon and EVOO & pepper

-boiled greens (the really fibrous, dense ones)

And cut out: Grains, gluten, dairy, wheat, soy, eggs, corn, starch, midnight shades, sugar, and oil (besides coconut & EVOO).

*But I don't really like eating meat, it kinda makes me feel sick so I would probably avoid meat and suppliment with B complex. I like fresh tasting clean stuff like fish, vegetables, and fresh fruit.

This is healthy right?

@dreamingofclearskin

everybody had bacteria on the face, its normal, you can find P.acnes on a baby skin, you can have acne under control with dans regimen for example, which destroys 99.9% of bacteria, but its not against the main factors

That seems a good diet, you can add sweet potatoes, yams, quinoa, amaranth, etc. If you just eat this food its going to bore you, dont be afraid to cook, if you dont enjoy your food you are not going to have a good mental state. You can try different healthy recipes. For example, today i ate a traditional food which i found interesting, im so lucky my mom cooks really good, it was bolined chicken, many vegetables were added to give it taste, the rest of my family ate it with rice, except me, i added sweet potatoe and white yams. It was delicious, you gotta enjoy your food.

true true, enjoying your food is the #1 thing. But the things I listed taste good to me...you don't like baked veggies w/ coconut oil? It tastes sooo good. 100x better than steamed veggies taste wisse.

I don't even need sweet potatoes, I'm fine without it, and plus I don't want to take any chances...

I've had quinoa, its suppost to be a complete source of protein...but it looks like a grain which is really offputting when your trying your hardest to avoid all grains, I know it's TECHNICALLY a seed but stillll it looks like rice!! lol.

LOL at your "interests"...

Hahaa but it is the truth!

The best way to cook those vegetables is to steam them, btw. Or quick saute/stir fry. Not boil and bake. And flax seeds are great for some, but make others worse, so watch for that.

Edited by alternativista

Eggs are the most nutrient packed food on earth. Unless ur allergic, why would you eliminate them ?

Because I read some people may be intollerant to them. But, I have been eating eggs for breakfast for the past two days and haven't had any new breakouts yet...so maybe i am not intolerant, i just have to wait and see.

The best way to cook those vegetables is to steam them, btw. Or quick saute/stir fry. Not boil and bake. And flax seeds are great for some, but make others worse, so watch for that.

ugh! Why do people want to add sugar to an already sweet food? Try them with a spicy seasoned salt and olive oil. Or cinnamon.

In my case, eating them baked is a lot healthier because when I steam them, it tastes so bland that I get hungry for crap like cookies. OR I just want to add some kind of unhealthy dressing on top to add flavor. Baking it adds a lot of flavor so I feel really satisfied after eating it and it won't cause me to go off my diet and eat cookies.

I think taste is more important than the health aspect of steamed vs baked...because there is only a tiny bit of health difference. Both of them are super healthy but, one of them taste 100x better and can heighten your overall quality of life because you enjoy what your eating.

Baked veggies > Steamed veggies.

& thanks, I decided to not buy flaxseeds, I think I will just buy fish instead, like oysters or clams.

Edited by limpbizkitfan

yes try cinnamon on the sweet potato^ it will be your new favorite dish i promise!

Sweet potatoes with almond butter + cinnamon is also delicious. I sometimes add melted dark chocolate too lol

Edited by sen1

yes try cinnamon on the sweet potato^ it will be your new favorite dish i promise!

Sweet potatoes with almond butter + cinnamon is also delicious. I sometimes add melted dark chocolate too lol

that sounds nasty. I can't imagine puttting chocolate on top of sweet potatoes lol

that sounds nasty. I can't imagine puttting chocolate on top of sweet potatoes lol

Pure dark chocolate is pretty bitter so it goes well with it imo. Regular chocolate probably wouldnt taste very good as it'd be too sweet. I also throw on blueberries, forgot about that :P

Edited by sen1

I came to the realization that acne vulgaris is a permanent skin condition. Once you have it, it's there to haunt you for life. I think all the ppl on here claiming they got clear...are all either lying or dillusional.

I don't think it's possible for someone who has acne prone skin to be clear longer than a week. Much less get clear and stay clear for the rest of their life.

No matter how healthy I eat, I still get breakouts. Creams and lotions don't work and accutane only lasts a year, water fasting is just a temporary fix.

All I have been eating is fruits and vegetables and lots of water and I'm still getting breakouts!! How could I be "intolerant" to vegetables?!!!!! It's nott logical.....I can't go the rest of my life eating this way or I will die from anorexia, malnutrition, or nutrient defficiencies.

I agree with some things that you said and disagree with others. As far as we know, acne has no cure, just as diabetes has no cure- you can keep your sugar in check with diet and you will have a normal blood range but it doesn't mean you're cured, same with acne, if you want to stay fairly clear, you gotta stick with your regimen (be it diet, topicals, caveman - whatever works for you)

I however disagree with your blanket statement that diet does not have ANY effect on acne. You've been on your diet for less than a month so how do you know if it's working or not. 1 month, 2 months or sometimes 3 months is not enough time to gauge if something is the absolute end all and be all. Also, bear in mind that what is healthy for other people's body may not be healthy for yours so even though vegetables are good for us, you may be intolerant to come kinds of vegetables. Take the time to do your research and play around with a realisitic diet before you decide to throw in the towel. It's a hard process but for a better quality of life ( skin/body), it needs to be done.

I am 1 month into diet changes and my acne has gotten waaaaaay worse but you know what, my body feel incredible so i will continue to play around with foods to see if i can identify my triggers. I've also taken a food sensitivity test so hopefully that will point me in the right direction.

Good Luck in your continued search

These people are nuts.

What a coincidence that just about all teenagers have acne. Must be their "leaky guts" (whatever the heck that is) and "poor liver functions" and "horrrrrible diets," right?

Holistic health wackjobs have been around for decades. Seinfeld made fun of them back in 1991. "They don't want you to have the cure because it's more profitable for you to be sick." We call this a "conspiracy theory," people.

If these people had cured their acne, they wouldn't be on this board. It must really suck to cut out all but 1-2 food groups from your diet...especially when eating is the best thing in life.

Here's how I'm planning on curing my acne...we'll call it the "BSDetector Regimen":

-I'm planning on eating tons of chocolate, greasy foods, as many processed foods as possible, and overloading on sugar. Gluten is my friend.

-I will masturbate as much as possible. At least 3 orgasms per day.

-Not going to wash my face at all. Why the heck would I? Washing your face doesn't do a lick of good when it comes to acne - the problem is inside the pore, not with irrelevant surface oils/debris. As Dan said, pores don't clog from the top down.

-I'm not planning on exercising much. I'm tired and don't feel like it.

-I'll sleep when I feel like it.

I'll bet you anything I'd get as many "results" doing this as the nutjobs who believe in nonsense like this get doing their "regimens."

do you have oily skin?

male or a female?

if female, does your acne increase near PMS?

Edited by arqa22

These people are nuts.

What a coincidence that just about all teenagers have acne. Must be their "leaky guts" (whatever the heck that is) and "poor liver functions" and "horrrrrible diets,"

They go through a period of insulin resistance and hormone surges.

And they have horrible diets. Especially today when children are developing diabetes which used to be an old persons disease and non alcoholic fatty liver disease which didn't even exist until recently even in adults. And there's the toddlers getting cavities...

The rest of your post is full ignorance. We don't eat only 2 food groups. We eat real food. And people with clear skin stick around to help. And to share research.

Edited by alternativista

These people are nuts.

What a coincidence that just about all teenagers have acne. Must be their "leaky guts" (whatever the heck that is) and "poor liver functions" and "horrrrrible diets,"

And they have horrible diets. Especially today when children are developing diabetes which used to be an old persons disease and non alcoholic fatty liver disease which didn't even exist until recently even in adults. And there's the toddlers getting cavities...

The rest of your post is full ignorance. We don't eat only 2 food groups. We eat real food. And people with clear skin stick around to help. And to share research.

I started getting acne when I was 14, and it never went away. My mom cooked healthy meals on a consistent basis. Cleaned/drained fat off lean meats, always had vegetables, cooked a lot with olive oil, etc. Never fried anything. Didn't matter...turns out I have lifelong acne. If I live to 80, I'm pretty sure I'll still need to apply benzoyl peroxide to keep from breaking out like crazy.

As for number of food groups...the way I see it:

1. You guys think dairy is the devil. Scratch that off the list.

2. Half of you guys say we should all be vegetarians. Scratch meat off the list.

3. Half of you guys say we should all give up gluten and basically all grains. Scratch grains off the list.

4. You guys think sugar causes acne. Scratch off the "fats and sweets" section entirely.

5. Can't do eggs, as they have hormones in them. Even though they don't come from cows, I'm sure they cause acne, too.

6. Can't do most nuts. They're known skin irritants according to half the people who believe in this "holistic" stuff.

That leaves fruits and vegetables. But wait...fruits tend to have a lot of natural sugar in them. Uh oh, better be careful...maybe give those up, too.

Yummmm...tonight for dinner, I'm going to have a heaping plate of cauliflower and broccoli. Raw, of course. Organic, of course. Wouldn't want any cooking methods to destroy the nutrients, or any pesticides damaging my liver function and causing acne. Then I will do some yoga, then some meditation, and finally post some more on message boards to help others cure their acne and live a peaceful, acne-free life like I now will.

These people are nuts.

I started getting acne when I was 14, and it never went away. My mom cooked healthy meals on a consistent basis. Cleaned/drained fat off lean meats, always had vegetables, cooked a lot with olive oil, etc. Never fried anything. Didn't matter...turns out I have lifelong acne. If I live to 80, I'm pretty sure I'll still need to apply benzoyl peroxide to keep from breaking out like crazy.

2. Half of you guys say we should all be vegetarians. Scratch meat off the list.

3. Half of you guys say we should all give up gluten and basically all grains. Scratch grains off the list.

4. You guys think sugar causes acne. Scratch off the "fats and sweets" section entirely.

5. Can't do eggs, as they have hormones in them. Even though they don't come from cows, I'm sure they cause acne, too.

6. Can't do most nuts. They're known skin irritants according to half the people who believe in this "holistic" stuff.

That leaves fruits and vegetables. But wait...fruits tend to have a lot of natural sugar in them. Uh oh, better be careful...maybe give those up, too.

Yummmm...tonight for dinner, I'm going to have a heaping plate of cauliflower and broccoli. Raw, of course. Organic, of course. Wouldn't want any cooking methods to destroy the nutrients, or any pesticides damaging my liver function and causing acne. Then I will do some yoga, then some meditation, and finally post some more on message boards to help others cure their acne and live a peaceful, acne-free life like I now will.

you are taking this way too personal...you can eat all those things if you want to, it may or may not have a direct effect on acne. for me personally, i can eat everything and not breakout except gluten, because i have an allergen that causes swelling, mucus build up and acne. we are just probably very knowledgeable on diet as a whole and we live very different life styles, no one is trying to make you do anything here, we just give our opinions. it would be best for you to figure out if food is an issue for you, do an elimination diet and figure out if dairy or gluten or egg whites or meat makes a difference, they all most likely will not, but some might...good luck

You see it wrong. Once again, you have it pretty near all wrong just like in your prior post. And try to understand something, everyone has to figure out their own personal intolerances. You do not have to avoid something just because you met another person that avoids it. And you really need to apply more critical thinking when you read. Just because someone somewhere said something once doesn't mean it's widely believed.

1. Probably half, not all, think dairy is evil. A belief not limited to people with acne. And many more know that unfermented dairy from grain fed cows should be avoided with fermented, goat and/or grass fed much, much better options. That would be why we have threads filled with recipes and talk about yogurt and kefir. It's also very common to be intolerant to it and if you are, you should not consume it.

2. Nowhere near half here are vegetarian or vegan. Also, a philosophy not limited to people with acne. I would imagine the number of vegans here are proportionate to the general population.

3. Probably more than half think you should avoid or limit gluten. Because it's highly damaging and extremely common to be intolerant to it. Also not knowledge limited to people here. That would be why there are more and more gluten-free alternatives to everything. And yeah, quite a few avoid all grains, really big in the Paleo movement. Others have them only when they are prepared properly to not only reduce the antinutrients that all seeds are filled with, but to make other nutrients more bioavailable. And properly is the way it used to be done before industrialized food. Probably nearly everyone here believes you should avoid or limit empty and nearly empty calorie refined grains. And they are right.

4. High glycemic meals screw up hormones and are a major contributor to chronic inflammation. Those are facts. And they are the root cause of most of the health conditions this sickly culture suffers from, such as those I already listed that are now occurring in young children. And they are major factors involved in acne.

5. What???? What orifice did you pull that one from? The only reason to avoid eggs is if you have an intolerance to them. Which isn't uncommon. Egg whites are in the top 8 for allergic reactions.

6. Again what? Skin irritants? Same orifice I suppose. Again, the only reason to avoid nuts is if you are intolerant to them.

Also, I do not eat like that, meditate or do yoga. Love broccoli though. I eat everything except what I am intolerant to. I just don't eat very much of some things like dairy, foods fried in oils that shouldn't be heated to frying temp and in many cases we shouldn't eat at all, added sugar and refined grains, i.e. the things making everyone around me fat and sickly.

This morning I had a dish of peaches, banana, wild mulberries topped with a little yogurt and sprouted sunflower seeds. And a bowl of properly prepared grains and seeds with pineapple and berries and more sunflower seeds. All delicious. And all the foods you say we don't eat.

If I felt like cooking and hot food, I would cook the chicken, fish, shrimp or liver I have in the freezer, but since I don't I will probably have all veggies and fruits in raw, salad form. Plus a few boiled eggs and a little goat cheese. I will be snacking on more fruit, almonds, dark chocolate, probably some goat cheese. Yesterday was similar, but I also had some walnuts. Again, more things you tell me we don't eat.

These people are nuts.

You got acne at 14 because you began going through the hormone and insulin resistance changes teenagers go through and because you had a genetic disposition to it. Also, you didn't mention how much white bread you ate, what you snacked on or drank that could have exacerbated the problem. And count yourself lucky. My acne started at age 10. And continued until I learned the truth about diet and acne, made some changes and cleared my skin 30 years later.

And how do you eat now? Also what about stress? You seem to over react to everything.

Edited by alternativista

You see it wrong. Once again, you have it pretty near all wrong just like in your prior post. And try to understand something, everyone has to figure out their own personal intolerances. You do not have to avoid something just because you met another person that avoids it. And you really need to apply more critical thinking when you read. Just because someone somewhere said something once doesn't mean it's widely believed.

You say this like it's a fact that everyone has personal intolerances when it comes to food.

The dairy stuff is everywhere. The vegetarian stuff is everywhere. The sugar stuff is everywhere.

1. Probably half, not all, think dairy is evil. A belief not limited to people with acne. And many more know that unfermented dairy from grain fed cows should be avoided with fermented, goat and/or grass fed much, much better options. That would be why we have threads filled with recipes and talk about yogurt and kefir. It's also very common to be intolerant to it and if you are, you should not consume it.

Ah, lactose intolerance...the most over-diagnosed disorder since "ADHD" in the 90's.

2. Nowhere near half here are vegetarian or vegan. Also, a philosophy not limited to people with acne. I would imagine the number of vegans here are proportionate to the general population.

Never said anything about the philosophy being limited to people with acne. I'm talking about the token "holistic health nuts."

3. Probably more than half think you should avoid or limit gluten. Because it's highly damaging and extremely common to be intolerant to it. Also not knowledge limited to people here. That would be why there are more and more gluten-free alternatives to everything. And yeah, quite a few avoid all grains, really big in the Paleo movement. Others have them only when they are prepared properly to not only reduce the antinutrients that all seeds are filled with, but to make other nutrients more bioavailable. And properly is the way it used to be done before industrialized food. Probably nearly everyone here believes you should avoid or limit empty and nearly empty calorie refined grains. And they are right.

"Gluten allergy" is just the newest fad. That's basically food group #2 being blamed for people's health problems. Claim potatoes and corn and whatever else all you want fall into the "grains" category because they're starches...wheat is the reason that food group exists in the first place. Wheat consumption in the US was much higher in the 1800's...wonder if everybody back then was walking around with acne.

4. High glycemic meals screw up hormones and are a major contributor to chronic inflammation. Those are facts. And they are the root cause of most of the health conditions this sickly culture suffers from, such as those I already listed that are now occurring in young children. And they are major factors involved in acne.

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing you either don't have any studies to back that up, or the ones you have are limited and debatable.

This "sickly" culture has one of the highest national life expectancies on the planet. Maybe if I moved to a third world country my skin would clear up?

5. What???? What orifice did you pull that one from? The only reason to avoid eggs is if you have an intolerance to them. Which isn't uncommon. Egg whites are in the top 8 for allergic reactions.

I pulled it from that idea that we need to avoid everything from "evil farming." I guess I should have said, "free range chicken eggs only."

6. Again what? Skin irritants? Same orifice I suppose. Again, the only reason to avoid nuts is if you are intolerant to them.

I've seen people list them as skin irritants. Especially peanuts. Several years ago, "peanut allergies" were en vogue, and everyone was "deathly allergic" to peanuts. Couldn't even serve them on planes...they're just soooo deadly. You live long enough and take a step back, you start to see certain patterns.

Also, I do not eat like that, meditate or do yoga. Love broccoli though. I eat everything except what I am intolerant to. I just don't eat very much of some things like dairy, foods fried in oils that shouldn't be heated to frying temp and in many cases we shouldn't eat at all, added sugar and refined grains, i.e. the things making everyone around me fat and sickly.

I noticed you said, "fat and sickly." But being fat has nothing to do with acne. I could have taken Christian Bale's place in "The Machinist."

This morning I had a dish of peaches, banana, wild mulberries topped with a little yogurt and sprouted sunflower seeds. And a bowl of properly prepared grains and seeds with pineapple and berries and more sunflower seeds. All delicious. And all the foods you say we don't eat.

Expensive? Check. Pretentious? Check.

If I felt like cooking and hot food, I would cook the chicken, fish, shrimp or liver I have in the freezer, but since I don't I will probably have all veggies and fruits in raw, salad form. Plus a few boiled eggs and a little goat cheese. I will be snacking on more fruit, almonds, dark chocolate, probably some goat cheese. Yesterday was similar, but I also had some walnuts. Again, more things you tell me we don't eat.

Some of you refuse to eat some things, some of you refuse to eat others. Most of you insist one thing or another is "absolutely bad."

Why would they go through a period of insulin resistance? Puberty is when you go through a growth spurt. If anything, you'd have less insulin resistance.

Yeah, and that's from people eating too many calories and getting too little exercise. Obesity has always been linked to diabetes and other health problems. But clearly, there are tons of people with acne who are not only not obese, but rail thin, like me.

You got acne at 14 because you began going through the hormone and insulin resistance changes teenagers go through and because you had a genetic disposition to it. Also, you didn't mention how much white bread you ate, what you snacked on or drank that could have exacerbated the problem. And count yourself lucky. My acne started at age 10. And continued until I learned the truth about diet and acne, made some changes and cleared my skin 30 years later.

Insulin resistance? If I developed insulin resistance, why was I rail thin (which I remain to this day)? If it were about insulin resistance, there would be an unfathomable number of diabetic people walking around with acne.

And how do you eat now? Also what about stress? You seem to over react to everything.

I eat low fat TV dinners for most of my meals now. I try to avoid the ones higher in sodium, too. Of course, since they're processed, this means they're bad. Plus, some people like to pretend that the microwave is uber-dangerous and causes cancer and the "super heat" destroys nutrients, even though studies show the microwave is the second least nutrients-destructive means for cooking. But I digress.

I don't consume dairy very often. Not because I'm afraid of it causing health problems, but because I'm not really a big fan of milk and cheese.

Oh, and I eat eggs sometimes.

When I left home to go to college, I ate dorm food my freshman year. Makes me sick just thinking about it. Either pasta with marinara sauce, or baked chicken, or something else I really didn't want to eat...until eventually, I got tired of it and started making myself peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Effect on acne? It got a little worse, but that's probably because I'd stopped using benzoyl peroxide that year. Stupid, rookie mistake.

The next year, I lived in a different dorm...one without a cafeteria. My dinners literally were nothing but vending machine foods. I'm not even kidding. I ate potato chips, reese's peanut butter cups, kit kat bars, and M&Ms.

Guess what...my acne improved that year. But you know what else? I had gone back to using benzoyl peroxide.

I did have actual lunches that year, which usually consisted of the Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets (cooked in peanut oil, I think...meh), a chocolate-chocolate chip or blueberry muffin that was loaded in sugar, and Powerade. And those were my two meals each day.

My 3rd year, I wound up transferring after a semester (acne worsened that semester, as again, I stopped with the benzoyl peroxide...stupid me), and began living mostly off TV dinners. Acne improved once I got fed up one night, decided to apply a heaping amount of BP, and essentially burned off all the zits. Face was dry, but at least there was little acne left. I thought about what Dan wrote on this website, and decided I'd just bomb zits any time they appeared, and otherwise just apply the BP every night for maintenance. Seemed to work quite well.

I had some ups and downs between then and 2010, but it was mostly under control, though I was never as clear as I wanted to be. Then I applied sun screen one day, and something happened that left me with persistent breakouts in the crevice around the outside of my nose that haven't vanished since.

And then a week and a half or so ago, I thought I'd stop using benzoyl peroxide again because I was just getting tired of applying it. I'm 27-years-old, and I'm sick of needing 30 extra minutes to do that before I go to bed every night. I'm too tired, so if my acne returns, oh well.

And then it returned, but not in the way I thought it would. I got bombed on my chin and on my upper lip. "Bombed" doesn't even do it justice. I have about 13-15 little pustules and tons of inflammation. When will I learn? So now I'm back to, "torch them with BP" mode. The damage this time is quite extensive...I might die of an infection, but BP has helped me beat the odds before. And I just have a strong hunch that a low glycemic diet wouldn't do me a lick of good in this area.

As for stress...I don't even know what "stress" is. It seems like one of those words people throw around, but it's a complete intangible, so there's no way to scientifically prove someone is more or less "stressed out." Regardless, I wouldn't exactly say I lead a very "stressful" life. My skin is intolerant of bacteria. That's the problem.

Edited by BSDetector

^Yeah, since you obviously aren't interested in learning and prefer to ridicule things you don't understand, I won't go over every wrong thing you said here. Just a couple of points.

The glycemic impact on hormones, acne, and chronic inflammation is one of the most commonly studied. So yes, I do have studies on that. Many. There are many listed in the pinned clinical studies thread right there at the top of this forum.

Wheat products in the 1800s and any other time prior to about the mid last century were prepared properly with slow fermentation methods that reduce the harmful antinutrients.

And finally, You keep telling me about eating low fat so I take it you think that's important. It's really not. You need to avoid bad fats like hydrogenated and trans fats and the PUFAs that are usually rancid by the time they are used un youtr food and turn to trans fats in cooking. But otherwise, fats are good. essential, actually.

Oh, and you think a pbj sandwich is better for you than marinara sauce? ????

Edited by alternativista

^Yeah, since you obviously aren't interested in learning and prefer to ridicule things you don't understand, I won't go over every wrong thing you said here. Just a couple of points.

The glycemic impact on hormones, acne, and chronic inflammation is one of the most commonly studied. So yes, I do have studies on that. Many. There are many listed in the pinned clinical studies thread right there at the top of this forum.

If those studies were strongly enough on your side, doctors wouldn't be continuing to say diet and acne are unrelated.

Wheat products in the 1800s and any other time prior to about the mid last century were prepared properly with slow fermentation methods that reduce the harmful antinutrients.

I call BS.

And finally, You keep telling me about eating low fat so I take it you think that's important. It's really not. You need to avoid bad fats like hydrogenated and trans fats and the PUFAs that are usually rancid by the time they are used un youtr food and turn to trans fats in cooking. But otherwise, fats are good. essential, actually.

There are a few different types of fat, and only one of them is considered, "good."

Oh, and you think a pbj sandwich is better for you than marinara sauce? ????

It is when they drench all their pasta in olive oil and you are in the bathroom within 5 minutes of eating it.

BS detector,

You are heading upstream without a paddle in this debate. Alternativista and many others on this site have put countless hours of research into acne. 'If studies were strongly enough on your side doctors wouldn't be continuing to say diet and acne are unrelated', that statement alone shows how little you understand in this discussion of acne and diet. Most medical doctors will never admit diet and acne are related. Some are waking up to this truth and speaking about it, but they are a rarity. They will never admit diet and cancer/chronic illness are related either. Diet and acne could not be more intertwined, and the complexity at which they are related is so much greater than most people (like yourself) think. And that goes for cancer and chronic illness as well.

If we forget about studies for a moment, and just look at the personal testimonies given by members of this site, that alone is proof in itself. People on this site everyday are conducting 'studies' on themselves by altering their diet and observing the results. And they have all the motivation in the world to make sure they are doing it right, because no one wants acne. Then, when we look at the science behind these diet changes, we start to understand why eating this or eliminating that will help with acne. Or why some people are genetically predisposed to get acne, and why even though some people eat like crap, they won't get acne. You see, there are so many factors that play a role in acne.

Most of the studies that show acne and diet are not related boil down to something very simple: We gave these people this food that is supposed to cause acne and it didn't. Well...? Those people are not predisposed to get acne. But for those of us who are, it has a huge impact on acne. That's why some people are affected by one thing, while others are not. There are so many variables, even if you just look at the differences in each of our gut functions. And that's one aspect. I'll say it again, the way diet and acne are related can differ from person to person. But there are many things everyone could benefit from by including in their diet or eliminating from their diet, and these things are being discussed constantly on this forum

The dermatology/medical industry are reliant on people being ill or suffering with acne. Do you think they are going to go out of their way to promote diet as a means to cure acne/cancer/chronic illness? Hell no. And that is the bottom line here, and why you can't listen to a medical doctor telling you diet and acne are not related. Hell most doctors don't even understand how much of an important role nutrition plays in our quality of life. Doctors go to pharmaceutical funded medical school, learn all the medical practices, and then go practice them. You practice what you're taught, and the importance of diet and nutrition as healing therapies is not taught in medical school. So again, you are heading upstream without a paddle BS detector

BS detector,

You are heading upstream without a paddle in this debate. Alternativista and many others on this site have put countless hours of research into acne. 'If studies were strongly enough on your side doctors wouldn't be continuing to say diet and acne are unrelated', that statement alone shows how little you understand in this discussion of acne and diet. Most medical doctors will never admit diet and acne are related. Some are waking up to this truth and speaking about it, but they are a rarity. They will never admit diet and cancer/chronic illness are related either. Diet and acne could not be more intertwined, and the complexity at which they are related is so much greater than most people (like yourself) think. And that goes for cancer and chronic illness as well.

If we forget about studies for a moment, and just look at the personal testimonies given by members of this site, that alone is proof in itself. People on this site everyday are conducting 'studies' on themselves by altering their diet and observing the results. And they have all the motivation in the world to make sure they are doing it right, because no one wants acne. Then, when we look at the science behind these diet changes, we start to understand why eating this or eliminating that will help with acne. Or why some people are genetically predisposed to get acne, and why even though some people eat like crap, they won't get acne. You see, there are so many factors that play a role in acne.

Most of the studies that show acne and diet are not related boil down to something very simple: We gave these people this food that is supposed to cause acne and it didn't. Well...? Those people are not predisposed to get acne. But for those of us who are, it has a huge impact on acne. That's why some people are affected by one thing, while others are not. There are so many variables, even if you just look at the differences in each of our gut functions. And that's one aspect. I'll say it again, the way diet and acne are related can differ from person to person. But there are many things everyone could benefit from by including in their diet or eliminating from their diet, and these things are being discussed constantly on this forum

The dermatology/medical industry are reliant on people being ill or suffering with acne. Do you think they are going to go out of their way to promote diet as a means to cure acne/cancer/chronic illness? Hell no. And that is the bottom line here, and why you can't listen to a medical doctor telling you diet and acne are not related. Hell most doctors don't even understand how much of an important role nutrition plays in our quality of life. Doctors go to pharmaceutical funded medical school, learn all the medical practices, and then go practice them. You practice what you're taught, and the importance of diet and nutrition as healing therapies is not taught in medical school. So again, you are heading upstream without a paddle BS detector

+1

Well said.

Elvin

BS detector,

Why not? Why wouldn't they admit they're related? Lemme guess, "da medical professionals want you to remain sick so they can make money, it's all a big conspiracy." That's been one of the infamous lines of health nuts for decades. I posted a link to a Seinfeld episode from 1991 several days back making fun of this group of people.

I don't deny there's a possibility diet can have a subtle impact on acne, but note how I italicized "subtle" there. Thinking it's the triggering mechanism is loony. If that were the case, you'd be able to tell who was eating healthy and who wasn't simply by looking at their skin. Most people develop acne in their teens and then have it vanish sometime in their 20's. It coincides with hormone production. People who do various steroids often develop acne as a side effect. Do the math.

The results on this website are most certainly not proof. You obviously don't understand how science works. These aren't controlled experiments, these are just anecdotes. What's more, there's no way to factor out the placebo effect.

Gut functions? What does that have to do with acne? Your "gut" has nothing to do with your androgen production, which in turn leads to sebum production.

And how do you know these people "weren't predisposed to get acne?" Because they didn't get acne? You see, that's not science right there. Maybe these people were predisposed to it, but just didn't break out, because food doesn't cause it...or, at least not the foods in the experiment. You're just completely conjecturing based on what you hope to be true, and that's not good science.

It's also very easy for someone with acne to be paranoid over things "causing" it...because people who suffer from acne break out regularly. "Oh crap, I have 3 new pimples...what did I eat last night? Oh, cabbage. Write that down, I'm allergic."

Ah, and there it is. The good 'ole "corrupt medical professionals" conspiracy.

Let's see, do not cardiologists promote reducing/elimination of trans fat from the diet, drinking wine at meals, consuming antioxidants, etc? Do not doctors tell their patients to stop smoking? Do not gastroenetrologists tell their patients to make sure they're getting enough fiber?

I can tell you for certain that in each case, they do.

Why would dermatologists be any different? And it's hardly like a cure for acne would put them out of business. They have other conditions to diagnose and treat, like, oh, I dunno....skin cancer, for starters.