Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blue_eyez

Anyone tried Panoxyl Clear Acne Cleansing Gel?

I have never seen a product with triclosan and SA combined. Just wondering if anyone has had any successful results with this product? I'm thinking of buying it.

I'm pretty sure the Murad acne wash has triclosan and SA in it. From reviews Ive read, it seems to be the most effective part of the Murad kit.. so that Panoxyl stuff probably works good.

thanks guys. i'm going to read those links. So Murad has Trilosan and SA in it eh? Hmm, the Murad kit is really expensive too. Panoxyl is like $6 CDN!!

BTW, it's interesting to note that Triclosan kills other types of bacteria but not P. acne bacteria. You'll probably prevent colds, sores, itchyness and other irritations but I'd rather use something with BP which targets the real problem.

so i bought it and have been using it for a week. It's quite drying so i'm going to cut it down to just cleansing with it in the AM and using Marcelle gentle foaming wash in the PM. I haven't seen any results yet, in fact my skin is worse than when i started....but that could just be the cleanser opening my pores and forcing all the gunk out of the clogged pores....anything with SA usually causes cleaning of your clogged pores...hence the worse-before-better effect.