Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dtooa

Super Sensitive Skin and BP

Right, I really need to sort this out.

I've been trying to ease my skin into using BP for quite some time now. The first time i used it i used the recommended third of a finger and found that my mouth was horribly, horribly dry flakey and downright uncomfortable (not to mention the redness). So i stopped using it for a week and tryed again, this time being very cautious.

I used they tinyest amount and only put it on at night. After 4 days, again, I can feel my face tightening up and it is starting to look red. So I am going to stop using it again. Do people suggest I scrap BP all together or do you think i should start with an even lower dosage and frequency. (I.e use twice a week only). If i do the latter, when should i start increasing the dosage?

I really want to use BP because it seems to me like a proven acne treatment. But how do I ease my skin into the routine of using BP without it drying and becoming red.

Thanks loads

first time i used bp all my chin and lower cheeks went bright red and VERY dry, i cut bp out totally for about 3 days then started using again, about 6 weeks on using bp i can now use as much as i want and i dont even need to use moisturiser because i dont get dryed out at all using bp and i dont go red anymore, i think my skin built up a tolerance to it so maybe with a lil patience yours might?

thanks thats quite encouraging to hear

So how much did u use to start with and how many times a week did you use it? Also after how long did u increase dosage? Thanks