Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ken321

Exercise & Acne & Aha! Help!

Context

I have had acne for about 6-7 years, and now am currently 20. It gets worse and worse, and my entire face is pretty much scarred.

Regimen that I am starting

I will be doing Dan's Regimen with a few tweaks. Every 12 hours, I will:

1. Exfoliate with Proactiv, apply Benzoyl Peroxide, apply AHA to exfoliate dead skin cells, then moisturize with Proactiv Oil-Free Moisturizer with SPF15.

However, every 2 days I will:

1. Exfoliate with Proactiv Cleanser, then apply Proactiv Cleansing Sulfur Mask overnight.

Exercise

I have noticed that, just in the past week, running for 45-70 minutes a day for 3 days in a row COMPLETELY removed my acne bumps. I was INCREDIBLY surprised, since ALL of my bumps (probably in the 50s) were gone within days.

This is when I finally got AHA and started experimenting with it, because I wanted to get rid of scars. Due to an injured knee, I have not been running, and have only been doing weightlifting and strength exercises that probably raised my testosterone a ton - and my acne came back.

Questions (HELP!)

1. I have noticed that my acne returns when I don't run, and that I have realized weightlifting and strength training probably spikes my testosterone, giving me more acne. Will running right after tons of weightlifting be able to get rid of my acne WHILE keeping the muscle improving benefits of weightlifting done before it?

2. Am I supposed to apply AHA after using Benzoyl Peroxide? I have heard that people sometimes use AHA by itself? I don't know what to expect!

Sorry if this is a long post, I just need some answers.

Edited by ken321