Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EAgles4ever

Guys, What Should I Do? My Acne Is Bad And Im Depressed

hey guys i feel so hopeless at this point,, i have tried everything,, benzoyl peroxide(removed but just caused redness) ,,Salicylic acid, (removed nce again, but didnt get rid of redness) and all kinds of soaps, which just cuased drynss and irritation.. i have started using a Honey Mask about 3 times a day,, since last week.. and dont really see improvements.. what do you think i should do? my self esteem and confidence is at an all time low,,i havent left the house at all the last week,, i just want this crap gone for good!! what would this condition be? Cystic Acne or what? i hope these aren't lesions or scars.. BELOW IS A PIC OF MY ACNE, i know i need to shave lol but if i do, i'll breakoutpost-165763-0-16875400-1326519576_thumb.

post-165763-0-16875400-1326519576_thumb.

hey bro i can assure you there is a light at the end of the tunnel! As a matter of fact your acne looks almost identical to how mine was about 2-3 months ago. i was using EVERYTHING every soap every method i couldnt figure out why my acne wouldnt go away. FIRST off what soap are you using for your face because your face looks very irritated by whatever cleanser you are using. BP and SA tend to work for some people but most have complained that it irritates their skin. second what kind of honey are you using? you can not use regular honey you get at walmart. it has to be 100% pure organic raw honey the best to get is if you know some one who is a bee keeper. also ive been using honey everynight. stop using it 3 times a day thats pointless and a waste of your honey! use it once at night after shower and leave it on your face all night long if you can sleep on yur back only. third are you chaning your sheets and pillow case atleast every 2 days. 4 have you tried dieting? alot of people and doctors say diet has no role in acne. Yeah thats true.. FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT ACNE PRONE! of course your friends eat like junky maniacs and dont get acne because they dont have the genes to get acne in the first place. think like this havent you met really fat people. and then they have friends that eat JUST AS MUCH junk food as them and never get fat? its the same concept. Now for me i dont have to keep to strict of a diet mostly just eat what ever i wont minus any junk food like junk zebra cakes crap like that is no good bro! i eat meat vegies and fruits alllll day long! Alot of people claim that dairy is a big trigger in acne try eliminating dairy and chocolate and see what happens. also if you can go on a 2 day fast starting tomorrow. and eat stricly only fruit thats it just fruit nothing else at all for 2 days. and see if theres a slight difference in your skin. also no soda no crap drinks WATER WATER WATER is the key.

Lastly but one of the most important. get outside.

get some fresh air get some sun every day. its really good for the body to breathe

*Check out my log for the "Water only" regimen im not using soap AT ALL and like i said

my acne looked very similar to yours

and now almost all my redness has gone down ALOT after only a few days of not washing

my pimples are no longer angry looking at all just normal colored some slightly red still but healing so much faster!

read everyones experiences on this site man it will help ALOT trust me! you wont have to live like this much longer bro! hang in there!!

to answer your questions you do not have severe acne you just have alot of acne.

your pimples are papules and pastules blemishes and mostly post redmarks left after pimples heal. not cyst nor nodules which is a good thing because those are the worst!

the good thing is. most of your cheek will not scar(as in pitted scars on your face)

but you will have redmarks on your cheeks for quite some time and the honey really does help with softening the redmarks

ive been using honey for 3 weeks and a few days its been doing wonders for my skin!

i know its a tough time to go through bro all of us on this site know the pain thats why we are al here. but alot of people here are trying to help! so just take some time and check out peoples success stories! remember acne doesnt go away over night it takes about a month to see some serious change. so it tke alot of time with trial and error to figure out what works best for you!

message me if you have any questions

Good luck bro! i promise you will have clear skin again soon!

Can you see a dermatologist or a regular doctor? It looks to me like you have a combination of pustules, cysts, and papules. It is moderately severe...the kind where you'll want to see a derm or doc. You're young so you may still outgrow this but you don't want to get scarring or have it continue to where it destroys your sense of self. I'd say spend the money to see a dermatologist...it's worth every penny to see a professional. The derm will have samples of meds so you may not have to pay for a perscription. Until you see the derm don't put anything harsh on your skin (acne meds). You may be sensitive to the usual ones. Many people are...despite what the manufacturers say about their products. I love it when they say salicylic acid is soothing...yeah right. It stings and makes my skin raw with redness. Try washing with Cetaphil Antibacterial Bar. It is cheap, soothing and helps calm down the skin. Listen to music you like and chill. Eat healthy as you can and drink lots of water. Avoid all dairy products - milk, cheese, butter. The idea here is to do everything you can to reduce inflammation in your body. Your body is on high alert right now because you are stressed out. I've been there and know how it feels...you feel worn out by it all. So do what you can to de-stress. Walk outside...at night if you're feeling insecure. Walking produces endorphins that help soothe the body.

Edited by cvd

thanks guys for the replies,, ill try to post another pic next week, if there are improvements

what is your diet like?

there is a way to clear up your acne without going to a derm ask questions and we can help bro

i think the main problem is my dairy consumption,, i drink a lot of milk and eat a lot of bread,, chocolate is also one of my favorites,, but i been trying to cut down on that the past week,, i have a doctors appt this monday, so hopefully he can write me a referel to a dermatologist,, right now im not putting anything on my face,, just honey and sea salt...i leave it on for atleast 2 hours....i live a healthy and active life and play basketball,, but i havent gone the last 2 weeks cause im focused on clearing up first. if i go to the gym to play ball, i sweat alot and that makes my acne worse.. i go back to school feb. 21st, so i just want to be clear by then, if its possible..

thanks guys for the replies,, ill try to post another pic next week, if there are improvements

what is your diet like?

there is a way to clear up your acne without going to a derm ask questions and we can help bro

i think the main problem is my dairy consumption,, i drink a lot of milk and eat a lot of bread,, chocolate is also one of my favorites,, but i been trying to cut down on that the past week,, i have a doctors appt this monday, so hopefully he can write me a referel to a dermatologist,, right now im not putting anything on my face,, just honey and sea salt...i leave it on for atleast 2 hours....i live a healthy and active life and play basketball,, but i havent gone the last 2 weeks cause im focused on clearing up first. if i go to the gym to play ball, i sweat alot and that makes my acne worse.. i go back to school feb. 21st, so i just want to be clear by then, if its possible..

okay good not putting anything on your face is good man cause the cleanser really irritate the skin and make it more read. i would ditch the sea salt and stick with the honey. what kind of honey are you using? and you have to drop chocolate dairy and sweets cold turkey bro! COMPLETELY out of the question for at least a month and see if it helps at all. Bread is also very bad for acne because one its inside the stomach it turns into straight sugar. you have to drop all the crap it sucks but you can eat it at all not even cheating. or you will never figure out if it helps or not at all. i go to the gym and workout and believe it or not sweating is good for you even though it makes the acne look worse, when you get blood flow in the face it helps with healing properties just make sure you get a good rinse with water on the face as son as youre done to get that sweat off. seeing a derm he is going to automatically try to prescribe you antibiotics or topical creams. some people say they have had good experiences with them but some have not. use the search bar on this site and look up some dermatologist post or antibiotic post and read and see what you find interesting. good luck man! DIET actually has a good role in acne whether you think it does or not check out the diet nutrition and hollistic forums too!

the 21st is a month away.. it is possible to get rid of it by then with the right approach but you will still have redmarks still within a month more than likely so dont get your hopes to high bro the redmarks last a little while. the honey does help with the redness !

what is your diet like?

okay good not putting anything on your face is good man cause the cleanser really irritate the skin and make it more read. i would ditch the sea salt and stick with the honey. what kind of honey are you using? and you have to drop chocolate dairy and sweets cold turkey bro! COMPLETELY out of the question for at least a month and see if it helps at all. Bread is also very bad for acne because one its inside the stomach it turns into straight sugar. you have to drop all the crap it sucks but you can eat it at all not even cheating. or you will never figure out if it helps or not at all. i go to the gym and workout and believe it or not sweating is good for you even though it makes the acne look worse, when you get blood flow in the face it helps with healing properties just make sure you get a good rinse with water on the face as son as youre done to get that sweat off. seeing a derm he is going to automatically try to prescribe you antibiotics or topical creams. some people say they have had good experiences with them but some have not. use the search bar on this site and look up some dermatologist post or antibiotic post and read and see what you find interesting. good luck man! DIET actually has a good role in acne whether you think it does or not check out the diet nutrition and hollistic forums too!

the 21st is a month away.. it is possible to get rid of it by then with the right approach but you will still have redmarks still within a month more than likely so dont get your hopes to high bro the redmarks last a little while. the honey does help with the redness !

i eat a lot of ham, potatoes and eggs for breakfast,, so i dont know if thats good or not,, to answer your previous questions, i used nuetrogena face soap but all that did was irritate my face and dry it up.. the honey i use says "Pure Clover", so i guess that means that its all natural,, i do not breakout or have any new whiteheads, my problem is the redness and irritation that is left over... what is your regime?

i eat a lot of ham, potatoes and eggs for breakfast,, so i dont know if thats good or not,, to answer your previous questions, i used nuetrogena face soap but all that did was irritate my face and dry it up.. the honey i use says "Pure Clover", so i guess that means that its all natural,, i do not breakout or have any new whiteheads, my problem is the redness and irritation that is left over... what is your regime?

ham is ok eggs are questionable some people say they are ok, you would want to get organic or pure farm raised eggs from a chicken keeper is best. but the potatoes are not good for acne alot of people on the org say that you should switch to sweet potatoes if anything. they are far mor nutritious for you. as for the honey. pure clover? hmm im not sure i think that may be ok. but the ideal honey that you want to use for the mask is "100% pure organic RAW honey" something along that line. look on the back lable and see what it says. you should definately start eating fruits and veggies everyday.. like twice the amount that you would normally eat. try to avoid green beans and corn. youre looking for like leafy greens.

and by the looks of you picture you are not only dealing with "redness and irritation" that is ALOT of your problem but i see some active pimples still. the honey is what i found best to soothe the irritation and redness.

my regimen is wash my face with water only. i dont put anything at all on my face except i put honey make on over night. and its been working really welll for me. plus when you use cleansers on your face that also aggravates the redmarks and disrupts them from healing faster.

ham is ok eggs are questionable some people say they are ok, you would want to get organic or pure farm raised eggs from a chicken keeper is best. but the potatoes are not good for acne alot of people on the org say that you should switch to sweet potatoes if anything. they are far mor nutritious for you. as for the honey. pure clover? hmm im not sure i think that may be ok. but the ideal honey that you want to use for the mask is "100% pure organic RAW honey" something along that line. look on the back lable and see what it says. you should definately start eating fruits and veggies everyday.. like twice the amount that you would normally eat. try to avoid green beans and corn. youre looking for like leafy greens.

and by the looks of you picture you are not only dealing with "redness and irritation" that is ALOT of your problem but i see some active pimples still. the honey is what i found best to soothe the irritation and redness.

my regimen is wash my face with water only. i dont put anything at all on my face except i put honey make on over night. and its been working really welll for me. plus when you use cleansers on your face that also aggravates the redmarks and disrupts them from healing faster.

well that is most of my problem,, the redness and irritation is FAR WORSE than the actual pimples themselves,, for me, once i get rid of the redness, i will be fine. i can deal with pimples here and there but the Rosacea makes it look worse than it really is

well that is most of my problem,, the redness and irritation is FAR WORSE than the actual pimples themselves,, for me, once i get rid of the redness, i will be fine. i can deal with pimples here and there but the Rosacea makes it look worse than it really is

do you actually have rosacea? they have an ointment called finacea that reduces rosacea and helps alot with redmarks. ask the derm about it when you see him but ask him if you actually have rosacea because i believe the finacea is a prescribed ointment.

do you actually have rosacea? they have an ointment called finacea that reduces rosacea and helps alot with redmarks. ask the derm about it when you see him but ask him if you actually have rosacea because i believe the finacea is a prescribed ointment.

i will update you guys on monday on what the doctor tells me,, next thursday i will also post a pic,, so bro, how many times do i put the honey? twice a day? i tried sleeping with it, but its too uncomfortable.... and how many times do i rinse my face with water? So right now, no wheat, chocolate, milk/dairy, and sugars...what about rice? is that ok

i will update you guys on monday on what the doctor tells me,, next thursday i will also post a pic,, so bro, how many times do i put the honey? twice a day? i tried sleeping with it, but its too uncomfortable.... and how many times do i rinse my face with water? So right now, no wheat, chocolate, milk/dairy, and sugars...what about rice? is that ok

white rice is bad brown rice is good.

as for the honey i would only do it once a day for AS LONG as you can have it on there since you cant do it overnight. when i first started i left it on for hours. but i realized it was much easier laying down asleep because i didnt think about it and the laying down made it not drip. washing with water i try my hardest to only wash with water once morning once night. only twice a day because too much water can also irritate but water is really the only thing you can trust on your face!

how did your appointment go?

Hi Eagles -

For your redness, my daughter swears by a plain yogurt mask. It has to be plain. It's a bit messy. Put it on your face and let it dry. It will take about 30 minutes.

shifty.gif

hey bro,, my apt whent well,, he gave me some cream that i been using 2x daily for about a week now,,, my face is getting less breakouts but the redness is still there,, ill post a pic this thursday again

hey bro,, my apt whent well,, he gave me some cream that i been using 2x daily for about a week now,,, my face is getting less breakouts but the redness is still there,, ill post a pic this thursday again

nice nice what kind of cream is it? and did he tell you if you were diagnosed with rosacea? and is the cream doing anything for the old breakouts you already had? or is it just making less new ones pop up?

nice nice what kind of cream is it? and did he tell you if you were diagnosed with rosacea? and is the cream doing anything for the old breakouts you already had? or is it just making less new ones pop up?

sorry bro with the super late response,, for some reason im having trouble logging in,, he did not say i had rosacea, and the cream that im using is called " Clindamycin phosphate lotion" i like this becuase it doesnt dry up my skin or cause peeling like the previous medications that i've used,, ill try to post a pic soon, i just moved in with my aunt, so i been kind of busy. BTW, my follow up appointment is this monday

DON'T DRINK MILK AND EAT CHOCOLATE. Daily products are one of the causes of acne, at least for me, I got so many pimples after drinking milk or eating cheese and chocolate.

its all good brotha and oh nice! i heard people had good results with clindamycin good luck man! i hope your skin clears up soon

yea bro my skin looks to be getting better since I started using this,, less breakouts and redness doesn't look bad when I look in the mirror... Im actually not scared to look in the mirror that much anymore lol

its all good brotha and oh nice! i heard people had good results with clindamycin good luck man! i hope your skin clears up soon

yea bro my skin looks to be getting better since I started using this,, less breakouts and redness doesn't look bad when I look in the mirror... Im actually not scared to look in the mirror that much anymore lol

nice job man! youll be clear again in no time! i also am having that same feeling where i can look in the mirror and be happy lol

guys i been on the retin A, Clindamycin, and Doxycycline treatment for a month,, and my skin is soo smooth and soft now,, i hardly break out now but i dont have any active pimples on my skin anymore...unfortunately, i still have my red scars, buti know that will fade