Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rpg90

Help! What Could It Be ? 21 And Just Getting Bad Breakouts(Pictures)

21 and getting bad breakouts ! Dont know why ? Is this sever acne?? please help

never had acne like this in the past just started last 4-5 months ago. Im on epiduo and erythromycin been on this for about 4 weeks now. Going back to derm in a month. Dont know why all of the sudden im starting to break out like this please help

Thanks

post-165070-0-68709900-1326481861_thumb.

post-165070-0-04779200-1326481868_thumb.

post-165070-0-68709900-1326481861_thumb.

post-165070-0-04779200-1326481868_thumb.

Guest Timehealsall

i think you shoulder consider taking oral antibiotics. Your acne is moderate but on the mild side (most people would probably consider it to be mild though).

Have you had any significant lifestyle changes?

its good your derm is takling a two angled attack (topical epiduo and what I assume is oral antibiotics)

in terms of what could cause it

1) genetic predisposition

2) stress

3) hormonal changes

4) new product reaction

5) lifestyle change of some kind

and many others...

x

i am on oral anti biopics and topical. I have not had any life style changes other than a new job that i started about 8 months ago. Diet and stress levels same as always. A lot of the marks are not active pimples but red marks. The derm. reccomened me using accutane but idunno if my acne is severe enough. any things anyone recommends me doing?

thats what i thought. It is getting a bit better but im breaking out right between my eye brows and lower forehead and i

*i never use too

and the red marks are still there which is just as bad, i started taking apple cider vinegar(pill0 to see if it does anything

Accutane is a very big decision and not one that should be made lightly. It causes alos of side effects what can be perminent so you certainly should give yourself alot more than 4 weeks on a regimen before considering it.

I cleared my skin using a topical called finacea, it takes months to clear you up but it was worth the wait.

your regimen will take months to work probably and if this one doesnt work there are others to try.

your treatments can basically be broken down to

1) topicals which are

- anti bacterial (like BP or Finacea)

- antibiotic (like zineryt)

- skin peeling (like BP of finacea))

- retanoic acid (like retinA)

2) Oral antibiotics (like tetralysal)

3) Isotretinoin (like Accutane)

4) hormonal (if you arer a woman generally)

the less often used are...

5)nicotinamide (a mix of vitimins found to be helpful in some people)

6) salicylic acid

7) sulphur treatments

controversial treatments include....

8)diet/suppiments/"caveman"/rawfood and paleo diets

lol he recommened accutane? are you kidding me..

any way, im also 21 and 4-5 months ago just like you i didnt have acne.

i began getting huge blemishes all on my cheeks and now they are mostl gone and i have redmarks there as well just like you.

no lifestyle change nothing changed AT ALL just one day bam acne started forming and everyday a few more came more and more

i used cleansers all the time and it was until now that i realized to stop cleansing all together and now my face is finally starting to clear up on its own with no soaps at all

good luck man! im not sure why we start to get acne randomly at age 21 when we never had bad acne before it sucks. nobody knows the reason why acne forms.

hey man thanks yeah its wierd. I thought if i was going to get it it would have been i highschool or something. I know i thought accutane was a last resort and for the derm. to suggest it right away i was kind of shocked :S haha i have tryed minocycline and benzeclyn and now after seeing the derm im using erythromycin and epiduo (oral and topical). I just hope that once i get off the anti biotics it dosent come back like before. I dont wanna go on accutane but when you wake up and you look in the mirror and you get depresseed and mad its hard not to want to go on it. Im going to try changing my diet and taking some vitamins and see if that helps as well.

Thanks again.

i will post pics in a weeks time and see if there is any improvment as that will be a month on both.

crystal willow - thanks ill be sure to try more before i consider accutane but some days its very frusterating when you look in the mirror and its not getting any better

I randomly started getting acne when I was 22, very very mild/essentially none before that. Topicals didn't work, turns out I developed a dairy intolerance or something, if I have excessive amounts of dairy now, I break out. I cut my intake way down and it's basically all gone now again. I miss eating yogurt on a daily basis but what can you do. confused.gif I didn't "change" my lifestyle so much as it just stopped working for me.

Anyways, my point is, there could be lots of different reasons so don't be too hasty. Good luck! =)

thanks yeah i was thinking about going to get a food allergy test done and see if its maybe something im eating. Thanks i wonder if maybe mine is dairy lol thanks again ill post after i go for allergy testing

here is something I read about a few years ago relating to diet:

Dr Robyn Smith earned a PhD from RMIT Uni for her nutritional research, she formed what has been called an "anti-acne" diet.

She conducted the first randomised controlled trial on diet and acne in over 40 years.

The results showed a significant effect on the severity of acne symptoms and the number of leisions. The designed was a protein-based, low-GI diet.

To quote her:

“A diet designed to fight acne should contain minimally refined carbohydrate-based foods and include a wide variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, wholegrains, lean meats, fish and seafood.”

hey thanks again willow! i have read something along thoes lines before about a low GI diet. I am going to try changing my diet to eat more fruits and vegtables lol

also going to get food allergy tested see if maybe thats whats causing this

I feel you bro. Things to try:

- oral antibiotics - I've done a few 3-day Azithromycin cycles and it worked really well every time

- antihistamines like zyrtec. you might see a decrease in inflammation. works for me

- electric razor. looks like you've got lots of acne around the beard area.

- AHA and BHA peels and creams (I don't recommend bp it's terrible)

- get some sun or use a tanning bed. (only sun works for me for some reason though)

- stop using your current products. doing nothing works for some people

thanks man yeah its a shitty thing to have!

i am on oral anti biopics now erythromycin I've taken minocylcine but i got headaches from it

yeah ill try that stuff thanks a lot man!

its all around my beard area mainly and recently on my fore head and i never use to get it there :S

i cant understand how can you guys recommend oral antibiotics and accutane. At least accutane has it positive side, like chances to cure acne forever, but antibiotics? bacteria become resistans anyways, its a poisonning temporary fix.

The best choice i've discovered though my research is the natural way, caveman regimen, sleep, no stress and a diet which fits for you, you could start going dairy free and wheat free. About topicals, i find Dan's regimen decent, its a very good treatment