Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nevermind

soo close.. yet soo far (maybe)

well a few months ago I spent alot of time online researching on how to beat my acne, cant beleive I never ran into this site btw. anywho... I ended up deciding on a cleanser (cetaphil), 2.5% bp gel and moisturiser. I've been using this combo for a while, well without the moisturiser (just cant believe it wont make me brake out) with no real success.

So now ive stumbled across this site/regimen and the only real difference is the quantity of bp that Dan suggests (I was using much less). So i'll give it a go, up my 'dosage' of bp and will put some faith in my MOISTURISER .. it's hypocomedogenic which I guess it the same as non-comedogenic bb_eusa_think.gif

Wish me luck bb_eusa_pray.gif

I might aswell add... the only success Ive ever had is with Minocycline, it 100% gets rid of the enlarged and plugged pores on my nose biggrin.gif .. now fingers crossed this new(ish) regime will get rid of my acne bb_icon_rolleyes.gif

I know how you feel, i was afraid to use mosterizers too but let me tell you if you haven't discovered the world of polyhydroxy acids: they are essential for shedding dead skin cells, prevents acne! Try the Eucerin skin renewal Dan recommends (lactic acid is the best- it's great, no irritation)! Give it 1-2 good weeks, by week 2 I promise you'll see yours skin even out but beware, you will break out first since it sucks everything up to the surface. Be persistant, don't quit!!!!!!!!

(I truly believe this is why the regimen isn't working for you, get some today, Walgreens!)

Rachel

thanks Rachel, reading that gave me a big grin biggrin.gif

I wish we could get the Eucerin here in australia because Im not really liking the cream ive got now (only good thing about it is it hasnt caused an outbreak). Unfortunatly I dont have a credit card so I cant order from o'seas. Must try to find a similar product here, dont like my chances. After a week or so my skin is dry, flaky and tight even tho ive been using lots of this moisturiser, which is obvious on my face for hours after application.. needless to say its gooooooone. blink.gif

getting rid of dead skin would be great, the bp gel most common here (benzac) is notorious for causing dry flaky skin, so theres plenty to be rid of. Only ive always imagined that to exfoliate you need to use something that scrubs on then washes off straight away. How does a moisturiser that you leave on get rid of dead skin? huh.gif

oh crap no wonder I've been breaking out and had no clue why...I bought eucerin renewal lotion just a few days ago lol. That makes sense, thanks to who ever said that and I agree it is a great moisturizer.

Dear Nevermind,

The lactic acid causes a chemical breakdown, so your flaky dry skin will be released and what I do is after a hot shower I rub my face dry with my towel and manually rub off the dead skin. Another option is microdermabrasion in a jar, but I don't use it often because i don't want to make my scars worse. AHA have been around forever, hundreds of years ago women have used fruit acids to exfoliate. Call around there to skin stores (especially ones connected with a dermatologist) to find products with lactic acid. Glycolic acid is good too but more harsh, drying and harder to use bp with. Good lines to look for are: MD Forte, Glycolix, try to avoid the liquid products with alcohol in them and mineral oil, defeats the purpose, major breakout. Keep in touch, if you get a credit card, email me and I'll give you good, cheap websites. Good luck, remember irritation causes acne, so if you are extremely dry skip bp, and just moisturize that day, resume bp at night. I promise you won't break out from the skip, you'll have healthier looking skin. Doesn't acne suck???? I wish I didn't have to deal with this in my life too especially at 31, keep in touch, Rachel tongue.gif

cheers Rachel (Ive decided your name is pronounced Rackel and you look like you belong on the set of One Million Years BC wub.gif)

would you consider the benefits of polyhydroxy acids over the normal AHA's worth the effort it would take to find a good product, or would plain ol' lactic acid do the trick? Laziness is a problem of mine, but one thing at a time tongue.gif

btw a while ago i ran into a thread about some wonder 'soup', I told myself that if I was ever a female living in the States I would have to get me some. Rhassoul thread

Product

Hey Nevermind,

You're a trip! Well until you try them all you won't know which one best fits you-Betahydroxy acid= Salicylic acid, Polyhydroxys=lactic acid and/or gluconolactone, and alpha hydroxy acid=glycolic acid. With dry skin from bp I would use the lactic acid but you may be able to tolerate the glycolic acid. Start with the lowest percentage if you buy from professional, this stuff works! I like to do an at home peel with 55% lactic acid 1x week from www.makeupartistschoice.com

Salicylic acid we all know justs drys you out more and encourages clogging for me. I don't like that stuff mixed in anything I use, Rachel (I hate the name Rackel!) mad.gif

hmm, my first (only) girlfriend's name was Raquel, she was the epitome of nature's fondness for genetic diversity, dumb as dog @#!$ tho ohmy.gif

I was under the impression that lactic acid was a conventional AHA (source), but it doesnt really matter, anything is better than nothing. Need to decide wether its best to incorporate the exfoliation in a moisturiser, or add another step to my regime. Procrastination is another of my faults, but I can only do so much, and that isnt alot biggrin.gif Anywho, beter make a decision soon as my sisters engagement party is in two weeks and I dont want to turn up looking like my face is covered in petroleum jelly.

must go now, need to learn te difference b/w soup and soap unsure.gif

thanks Rachel