Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snarf19

8 Weeks , No Results

Hey all, So today starts the 8th week on the Regimen. Although mild to moderate acne, I still have seen very little improvements. Does the regimen simply not work for me? I know i have a whole month left but i figured I would see some results my now. I follow the regimen precisely using all Dan products. Like everyone I have struggle with dry flaky skin. So should I continue until the 3rd month or just accept the regimen doesnt work for me.

Also I have started using Jojoba oil could that be a cause of continual break outs?

Edited by snarf19

8 weeks is definitely not long enough. i know you feel like at this point you should be seeing amazing results, especially because there are others out there who clear up faster. i've been on the regimen almost 6 months and i didn't start seeing real results til after 3 months. i'd have a good week and then the next week i'd have a breakout. you're going to keep breaking out for a little while, but be patient. jojoba oil could be causing you problems. many people love jojoba oil but some, including myself, have problems with it. what products are you using?

I am Using all of Dan's Products Cleanser, BP and Moisturizer. Twice a week I have been exfoliating with St ives apricot scrub.

And I am the exact same way, one good week then a horrible week!

Also What do you use to combat the extreme dryness and flaky skin? ( If that is an issue for you)

Edited by snarf19

don't exfoliate! i know it's tempting because of the flakes, but it will definitely irritate your skin. instead, while in the shower, after you've been in there for a little while and the skin is soft, you can gently rub in circles to remove the dead skin. be very gentle though. i did this for the first 5 months and it still never got rid of the flakes until i switched to a better moisturizer. but i know that anytime i would exfoliate, i'd have problems. baking soda is good to do 1-3 times a week, but it's not a permanent solution because the BP is going to constantly dry your skin out. baking soda is good though because it dissolves the skin, rather than manually scraping it off like exfoliators. i'm currently using CeraVe PM lotion and it's helped the flakes tremendously.

Edited by whatthekell

I use to love CeraVe but every since i started the regimen, using CeraVe makes my skin burn and result in my skin being extremely red. Is there a difference between CeraVe regular moisturizer and the PM one?

Do you use the PM one in the AM haha?

i've never tried any CeraVe products except for this PM lotion. Yes, I use the PM in the AM too =P haha. i don't like moisturizers with SPF because they tend to leave white streaks. the regular CeraVe moisturizer got bad reviews, so i never tried it. the PM doesn't burn my face either. since i've been using this, i haven't had to rub any dead skin off or use baking soda.

I'm with you, snarf. This is my second time trying the regimin, and I've been using it for three months now this round, but see very very little improvement. It seems to have helped the systic acne, but I think that may be more due to aging, rather than the regimen (I'm now 24). Compared to most of the reviews I read, my progress seems significantly less. The only thing I can say about the regimen, is it seems to keep my acne from getting worse (i.e. if I stop using it, it gets worse).

Still sticking with the regimen, as it definitely doesn't worsen the acne.

Jojoba oil doesn't seem to make a difference breakout-wise, but is helpful for dryness around the mouth and eyes. I always apply more at night with moisturizer since it can give a greasy appearance for daytime. Also, as some have suggested, when the dryness is intolerable, I apply it before BP.

I've used CeraVe, but find it to be very greasy/contributes to breakouts.

I love cerave moisturizer (regular). The only difference between cerave regular and cerave PM is one ingredient--niacinamide. I use it under my BPO though, because other wise the BPO dries my skin out to the point where I can't move my face/ the BPO burns all day long. I also think that since moisturizers are supposed to trap water under the skin, using them under my BPO immediately after washing is far more effective than using it after the BPO. The moisturizer burns a little when I put it on too-- it's because of the insanely dry skin! I