Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pinkfloydforever

People Who Are Straight Up Confident With Acne Scars/acne. =)

I am not too fond of the whole dubstep craze going on recently but I was at a show where some well known dubstep dj came on named Skrillex and I noticed he had some acne scarring . The only reason I noticed was because I usually do that first with everyone I see due my personal own acne scarring I have myself. Its just been some weird thing I cant help doing . Anywho , well this Skrillex guy was just tearing it up , being amazingly awesome. You can totally see that his scars didnt mean crap to him , he was just living life the way we are suppose to,full of enjoyment . I found that so inspiring because I am one of those acne scarred individuals who have a frown most of the time and cant seem to find joy in anything ,especially being social. I just want to say thanks to skrillex , my eyes have opened up a bit more . =)

Anyone else have personal stories like these that dont mind sharing ???

Edited by pinkfloydforever

Congrats for finding some inspiration but, to be fair, nobody knows what goes on inside the minds of others. On the inside, he could have been depressed, but I guess when you're engaging in something you love doing, all your focus goes towards that, and all else seems to fall by the wayside for that moment in time. Not trying to be pessimistic though, if it were me, I'd find a way to talk to him one-on-one to see how his acne/scars affects his life, if at all rolleyes.gif

Edited by Lee1234

Not really much to do with acne more skrillex but here we go.

Skrillex suffered from awful hormonal acne since he was a teen and was very self conscience about it.therefor he grew his hair long and put it over his cheeks to hind it.

But he has excepted it as a part of his life because he believes that people should notice his music not his face!!!!!! So what he did is shave half his head to ACTUALLY SHOW OFF HIS ACNE SCARS!!! Mainly to show that he dosent give TWO SHITS ABOUT IT!!!!

I'm a long term fan and I found this very 'acne inspiring! If you don't believe me research it for yourself :P

Scars on a guy can sometimes be considered cool and give character ie james wood and many hollywood actors, but there aren't many women out there that show their scars, that's because women are supposed to be the epitome of beauty and perfection. when diaz or alicia keys has a pimple or scars it's scrtinized in the media but i've never heard of males being scrutinized because of this. generally it it easier for guys so i'm not surpised by skillrex. seen it before.

Scars on a guy can sometimes be considered cool and give character ie james wood and many hollywood actors, but there aren't many women out there that show their scars, that's because women are supposed to be the epitome of beauty and perfection. when diaz or alicia keys has a pimple or scars it's scrtinized in the media but i've never heard of males being scrutinized because of this. generally it it easier for guys so i'm not surpised by skillrex. seen it before.

This is so true. Girls are set to such a high standard of beauty, we have to have clear, unblemished skin with no detail to be "feminine". While guys can have "Cool" battle scars and have a scarred up face and still look hot.

At least we can wear makeup, and trick these dumb guys. They would have no idea cuz all they is is "ooooh pretty colors and shiny hair." They don't know all the products we have to use to get the perfect look guys want. We have to deal with shaving so we don't have hair where we're "not suppost to", and pretend we wake up looking this way.

Edited by LiveLaughFart

i think its mostly our personalities. my friend has worse acne than i did, but shes really... loud haha. we had a sleepover with other people a few weeks ago and when we were all washing our faces (lol) she kind of just told everyone not to be grossed out in a casual/funny way(she wears a lot of makeup), but she didnt seem embarassed at all. i, on the other hand, am never satisfied with my skin, even after clearing up so much and getting so many compliments, i still feel like i cant be friendly with people until my skins perfect. and even if it was im just a quiet person so i would never really be the center of attention anyway

it depends entirely on the person; if you're someone who's always been shy, then you're just gonna blame acne, and chances are you would be shy even without scars. I'm only recently starting to become a confident person, when i was a kid, i was very hyper and confident, then i got acne and just went into a shell and thought everyone was judging me, but ive been through enough to have my eyes forcibly opened to the harsh reality: LIFE'S JUST TOO SHORT FOR ME TO WORRY ABOUT MY SCARS :D.

That being said, its still hard work to try and not focus on my face and body, but im throwing myself into my work, my hobbies, and my family and friends to try and make up for the time i lost moping over my looks. its a long journey, but im taking the right steps to becoming a confident person.

Totally agree with colostomus. I applaud anyone who can go about their business and not let their skin hold them back of they have acne or scars because, to me at least, I take it as a sign that they're generally happy in themselves and that there's at least enough confidence and self-esteem there to help them through. Also helps immensely if you've a purpose and you feel you've something to believe in which keeps you from putting negative energy into your skin.

I could never cope with just carrying on when my skin was bad because I didn't have the confidence to do so. The overriding thoughts were always there - that I was being judged by people - so it felt like the acne actually gave them something to judge.

My perspective's a bit different these days and my perspective of those people who can carry on and just be themselves regardless of acne or scars is also different. What it does for me now is kind of amplifies how I see them in terms of how confident they are. It may well be that they're just displaying an average amount of confidence but, in my eyes, it's as if they're displaying impressive and admirable amounts of confidence because they're doing something I used to find near-impossible to do and carrying on and enjoying life regardless.

:)

i do also agree with the replies given , I am hoping those steps to conquering my sense of values regarding how I feel about acne and scars go by and quickly so I can be able to live life 100%. So far , I can say Im living life with a 50% positive attitude. It is very comforting to read that fellow members of this site are going through the same thing I am with the addition of awesome musicians such as Skrillex. These are the things that I feel help me more in these slow steps. It is just always hard when your alone, or at least feel alone when your going through it by yourself in such a small town ,where everyone seems to have good/great skin .

Friend of mine is in sales, has acne - treats it with BP as far as I know. VERY confident guy. He's face to face with customers, too.

Edited by vcpd