Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dmb41

Just Need To Get This Off My Chest

Went to the derm today for the first time for facial acne.

It's not severe, but def moderate, to where you can def notice it.

The doctor's assistant, or whatever they're called came in before the doctor, looked at me and said, "What are you here for?"

Really?

I know she probably has to ask, but it kind of made me a little angry. haha.

Oh that happened to me before too. The nurse knew I wanted a referral for a derm, but she still asked me "Why do you want to see the derm?" I probably had 30-40 actives and no makeup on. Really? You have to ask?

Then I thought...if someone walked in with acne but wanted treatment for broken capillaries on their arm, how insulting would it be if the nurse mistakenly assumed they wanted help with their acne. It's kind of like the "When are you due?" question you accidently give to a non-pregnant woman. Which is even worse...

Vanbelle has a point. You could have just as likely been there because you found a crazy looking mole. Not everyone with acne cares about treating their acne.

Embarrassing in the derms? I wouldn't say so, when I went there were usually just a handful of old folks in the waiting room XD. And you get to read somewhat interesting magazines! You just can't beat that.

I don't think being at the derm is embarassing at all. They see people with skin problems all the time, including acne. And like other people said, there's usually a lot of old people in the waiting room, so yeah. lol

I remember when I went to the derm and took off my jacket to pay for my moles to get removed because they have bothered me my wholle life, and the derm said "wow, you are very moley"....is this something somebody wants to hear? That they are MOLEY?! "Oh look at your beautiful hairy mole with juicy brown lump and a hair sticking out of it..isnt' it just gorgeous"...NO! moles are ugllly and no one wants to be told they have a lot of moles. Would you want to be told how fat you are?

I should have just told that derm "oh yes, I am and I just love your fat protruding belly, it reminds me of santa clause!"