Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aurareturn

Sun Damaged Skin And Acne

When I was living in a cooler city, my face was fine. It was smooth. No acne at all.

Then I went to college in a city that was extremely hot in the summer. Coming from a cool place, I never had to use sunscreen so I didn't use sunscreen when I was in the hot city.

When I was going outside without sunscreen, I felt my face becoming more and more uncomfortable then I started breaking out.

It was definitely the sun that damaged my skin.

Now my skin is flaky, oily, not soft, and I break out every other day around the chin and mouth area.

I tried using Vitamin A/C/E creams and face wash but it's no use.

It's been like this for years now.

By the way, all of my acne have pus in it.

Any help?

Edited by aurareturn

When I was living in a cooler city, my face was fine. It was smooth. No acne at all.

Then I went to college in a city that was extremely hot in the summer. Coming from a cool place, I never had to use sunscreen so I didn't use sunscreen when I was in the hot city.

When I was going outside without sunscreen, I felt my face becoming more and more uncomfortable then I started breaking out.

Now my skin is flaky, oily, not soft, and I break out every other day around the chin and mouth area.

Any help?

I had the same thing i used to work as a postman so i was exposed to the elements all day all summer sweating at the same time, For the first few months i looked really good then the acne hit hard. Large pustules most days with some cysts it was nasty, Any old marks looked ten times worse when tan faded also.

I literally cooked my face and it reacted very badly indeed.

Ive started getting it under control now with accutane and differin but has taken a long time.

My advice would be stay out of the sun as much as possible and use plenty of moisturizer. I also found that using face wash broke me out more as it kind of dried the skin forcing it to produce more oil into already blocked pores.

Any help?

I had the same thing i used to work as a postman so i was exposed to the elements all day all summer sweating at the same time, For the first few months i looked really good then the acne hit hard. Large pustules most days with some cysts it was nasty, Any old marks looked ten times worse when tan faded also.

I literally cooked my face and it reacted very badly indeed.

Ive started getting it under control now with accutane and differin but has taken a long time.

My advice would be stay out of the sun as much as possible and use plenty of moisturizer. I also found that using face wash broke me out more as it kind of dried the skin forcing it to produce more oil into already blocked pores.

I feel like the sun burnt an important vitamin or nutrient off my skin. I've never been able to find out what. I tried many lotions and face wash but none of them have worked.