Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cassia Percival

Very Oily But Sensitive Skin...

Hello there,

I have very oily, sensitive, pustule, papule and commodone (blackhead) prone skin.

It's really affecting my confidence.

I just wondered what products you have all used that really help sensitive, oily, blemish prone skin? Ones that balance the skin aswell as soothing it and reducing redness etc...

My main issue is the oiliness of my skin but I've discovered that the harsher the products I use, the more oily my skin becomes and the more blemishes I get.

I'd like some suggestions on great, gentle, effective products that I could maybe try out if possible.

smile.png

Thankyou.

I'm loving my current regimen, manuka honey as a cleanser and chamomile lavender tea as a toner. I spot treat as required with tea tree & vitamin e oil.

Before this however I used Korres white tea fluid cleansing gel and loved it, followed with Korres pomegranate balancing moisturizer. They're fairly natural products and are VERY gentle. They balanced my skin oils nicely. I used the cleanser for about a year and then bought the moisturizer a few months after I'd been using the cleanser. If it hadn't been for my decision to eliminate all chemicals from my skincare regimen I would still be using these products. They're expensive, but I was always satisfied with the products. As well if you have very oily skin you might like The Soap Works creamy clay soap. I found it too drying to use regularly, but one of my best friends cleared all of her acne with this soap.

I'm loving my current regimen, manuka honey as a cleanser and chamomile lavender tea as a toner. I spot treat as required with tea tree & vitamin e oil.

Before this however I used Korres white tea fluid cleansing gel and loved it, followed with Korres pomegranate balancing moisturizer. They're fairly natural products and are VERY gentle. They balanced my skin oils nicely. I used the cleanser for about a year and then bought the moisturizer a few months after I'd been using the cleanser. If it hadn't been for my decision to eliminate all chemicals from my skincare regimen I would still be using these products. They're expensive, but I was always satisfied with the products. As well if you have very oily skin you might like The Soap Works creamy clay soap. I found it too drying to use regularly, but one of my best friends cleared all of her acne with this soap.

You say you cleanse with manuka? we sell that in the shop I work in and I've always wondered how one would use it on the face? Very interesting.

In all honesty I'd rather use things that are 100% natural or something as close as possible. Right now I'm cleansing with plain oatmeal and it's great but it's so messy! I guess I'm just looking for things easier to use lol

Edited by Cassia Percival

Haha I did an oatmeal manuka mask last night! I do cleanse with manuka, it's not as messy as one would think. The consistency is rather thick. I bought Wedderspoon brand raw organic UMF 16+ manuka honey. I just wash my face with it like I would any other cleanser, except that when I have time I let it sit for a few minutes.

Haha I did an oatmeal manuka mask last night! I do cleanse with manuka, it's not as messy as one would think. The consistency is rather thick. I bought Wedderspoon brand raw organic UMF 16+ manuka honey. I just wash my face with it like I would any other cleanser, except that when I have time I let it sit for a few minutes.

I knew I should have bought some Manuka the other day! Lol I give my dog it. I'll have to get some tomorrow. So you literally just apply pure manuka to your face? no water? and then wash it off? I bet that's super sticky heheh! I'm interested in trying this though.

I knew I should have bought some Manuka the other day! Lol I give my dog it. I'll have to get some tomorrow. So you literally just apply pure manuka to your face? no water? and then wash it off? I bet that's super sticky heheh! I'm interested in trying this though.

First I wash my face with lukewarm water, well more so just splash my face. Then apply the manuka, massage it into my skin for a little bit and let it sit a bit if time allows. Then wash it off with more lukewarm water. With the water it's surprisingly not as sticky as you would think. I was surprised the first time I tried it. It's made my complexion glow like I've never seen before since I started using it.

Edited by jennifer36

First I wash my face with lukewarm water, well more so just splash my face. Then apply the manuka, massage it into my skin for a little bit and let it sit a bit if time allows. Then wash it off with more lukewarm water. With the water it's surprisingly not as sticky as you would think. I was surprised the first time I tried it. It's made my complexion glow like I've never seen before since I started using it.

DEFIANTELY going to give this a try :) I'll purchase some higher UMF Manuka from my shop tomorrow as I have staff discount woo! lol

Another thing.... about moisturiser... I went to beauty school and was always told to moisturise with something for my skin type but I've tried SO SO MANY products made for my skin type and they have ALL made me so muc more oily, even the oil balancing ones, even the ones for sensitive skin! Would you suggest anything natural?

DEFIANTELY going to give this a try smile.png I'll purchase some higher UMF Manuka from my shop tomorrow as I have staff discount woo! lol

Another thing.... about moisturiser... I went to beauty school and was always told to moisturise with something for my skin type but I've tried SO SO MANY products made for my skin type and they have ALL made me so muc more oily, even the oil balancing ones, even the ones for sensitive skin! Would you suggest anything natural?

Good! I hope it works for you like it's been working for me!!! I've actually yet to find a good natural moisturizer. I did like my Korres one before, but it still has a few chemicals so I avoid using it. Since I started using the manuka honey I haven't needed any moisturizer whatsoever. I was surprised since my skin usually tends to get dry. I think leaving it honey on a few minutes helps with this, and as well at night I spot treat with tea tree and e oil (sometimes I dilute it in the chamomile lavender tea and then pat all over my face, except the eye area) which might contribute to the balanced moisture levels of my face.

DEFIANTELY going to give this a try smile.png I'll purchase some higher UMF Manuka from my shop tomorrow as I have staff discount woo! lol

Good! I hope it works for you like it's been working for me!!! I've actually yet to find a good natural moisturizer. I did like my Korres one before, but it still has a few chemicals so I avoid using it. Since I started using the manuka honey I haven't needed any moisturizer whatsoever. I was surprised since my skin usually tends to get dry. I think leaving it honey on a few minutes helps with this, and as well at night I spot treat with tea tree and e oil (sometimes I dilute it in the chamomile lavender tea and then pat all over my face, except the eye area) which might contribute to the balanced moisture levels of my face.

With the oatmeal I don't moisturise either.... I believe the oatmeal provides enough lasting moisture.

I think it's best to just keep everything as simple as possible :)

I'll definately let you know how manuka works for me.

Thankyou so much for your advice! :)

I use garnier's Nordic Essencials in the morning and put on a light gel-like moisturizer to keep my skin from getting extra oily during the day. It's very basic as I bought it from pharmacy.

In the evening I use Garnier's Daily gel wash and put on a bit heavier normal skin's moisturizer for the night. I don't use toner on a normal day.

I try to exfoliate twice a week, as my doctor seemed to think it's important, and use the clay I bought from nature store to make a mask. So far these two things haven't atleast made the situation worse. I also try to go to sauna atleast once a week if it's possible. Today I bought a cleansing milk from sale box, thought I'd try even more gentle approach for the mornings. smile.png Just have to be careful not to rub it too hard. That's another thing, I never put on moisturiser infront of the mirror anymore, as I realised I tend to be a bit too hard handed. When I don't have a mirror, I concentrate on how hard I press.

Edited by Tinnitys