Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kittyx3

Can Anybody Help With This? (Pic)

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I settled on here, apologies if this topic has been brought up before.

Well, my skin has cleared up a lot the past few months, I get the odd breakout and have red marks/scars but other than that, it's much better than before.

Except for these flesh coloured bumps all over my face which look 10000x worse with make up. They seem to hang around no matter what I do. Face masks, changing make up, wearing no make up, BP(Oxy on the spot/Panyoxyl) microdermabrasion, countless different face washes with salycic/bp/tea tree oil, toners & a bunch of other stuff

Nothing works

They either become inflammed and come up as a spot or just never go away!

I don't pop them either, because I scar so easily.

Today was the last straw when I woke up with more (I change my pillow case regulary) so I took the plunge and took a picture (nervous about doing that with no make up lol!) :<

Anyone got any tips as to what these are & how the hell to get rid of them? Maybe a different toner or something?

Currently trying Thayers Original Witch Hazel Toner.

Took the pictures down since my camera is to bad to show what I'm taking about .__.

Edited by Kittyx3

Whether it's the camera/lighting not picking up whatever is there, but that skin is to die for!

I wouldn't worry about a few flesh coloured bumps. I have some and they don't bother me one bit. I would rather have them than whiteheads!

Yea I can't get the lighting or the angle to properly show what they look like in reality.

SO annoying! Haha I never used to when my skin was bad, now I'm like obessed over the small stuff tongue.png

Thanks for the reply, it made me smile, I will try not to worry too much :<

Edited by Kittyx3

Don't sweat the small stuff! wink.png

It's kind of funny - since I started to clear up, I've noticed a tiny mole on my right cheek. Super tiny, not a problem at all. But now there's nothing else to take my attention, this tiny mole has suddenly become apparent to me. It was there the whole time, but I feel as though it's suddenly just appeared. It just amuses me how the mindset changes because I'm sure there was a time when we would all loved to have only "the small stuff" going on.

Anyway, the only thing I'm aware of and which I've had a little that I would describe a flesh-coloured bumps would be Keratosis pilaris. That's basically when the protein, Keratin collects and forms hard bumps. Looks like goosebumps sometimes I suppose, I still get it on my knees and elbows sometimes, most likely in winter. Moisturising seems to help and I believe vitamin D does as well. Of course, I could be way off the mark and I'm certainly not in a position to give a diagnosis, that's just the only think I can think of. If it got worse or started causing you problems, it would obviously be wise to get it checked out. For what it's worth, from a physical point of view it doesn't look bad at all and I reckon your skin's looking great.

smile.png

Edited by PaulH85

Oh thank you for the information Paul smile.png!

I take vitamin D & moisturize daily as it is.

Yea, I keep telling myself not to worry about small things, it's funny really. Never noticed them before I got clear.

Now I obesses over every single imperfection. :<

My skin certainly is better than it has been in years. I will take your advice and try not to worry over tiny things!

Edited by Kittyx3

Do they look like this?

http://archpedi.ama-assn.org/content/vol15.../poa30545f2.gif

http://archpedi.ama-assn.org/content/vol15.../poa30545f1.gif

If so then you could be dealing pityrosporum folliculitis. I had it for years before figuring out how to get rid of them- by using nizoral shampoo. Lather up the infected area, let it sit for 3-5 minutes and then rinse. I was almost completely clear after a week, and I've been clear for going on 5 years now.

Yes they do look very similar to that.

I will look into Nizoral Shampoo, thanks!

Edited by Kittyx3

Did it work for you (if you've tried it yet?)

I am having a problem with little red bumps on my face too (mainly upper cheek area). They're not like 'conventional' spots, and the regimen doesn't seem to be helping them, so I'm wondering if it's a different problem to acne. Maybe we're having the same problem?

Edited by SeraphHymn

I am having a problem with little red bumps on my face too (mainly upper cheek area). They're not like 'conventional' spots, and the regimen doesn't seem to be helping them, so I'm wondering if it's a different problem to acne. Maybe we're having the same problem?

I haven't tried it, don't have the funds to buy anything new right now.

I'm also hesitant of putting new products on my face that could potentially mess with my eczema eusa_think.gif

But when i get some ££ I'm going to try put some on my forehead that I can cover with my hair if it goes tits up. eusa_pray.gif

Edited by Kittyx3

I haven't tried it, don't have the funds to buy anything new right now.

I'm also hesitant of putting new products on my face that could potentially mess with my eczema eusa_think.gif

But when i get some ££ I'm going to try put some on my forehead that I can cover with my hair if it goes tits up. eusa_pray.gif

Okay :) Same here! I have reservations about putting anti-fungal stuff on my face in addition to all the rest of the chemicals that have been going on it! I wonder whether a doctor could diagnose whether they are being caused by bacteria/yeast? My face is a bit itchy at the moment too. And basically the problem is these little red bumps!

Just as you say, benzoyl peroxide doesn't seem to be helping them and I seem to be getting them more since going on the regimen.

I don't know, I can't go to my GP as they're totally useless and never listen to me lol.

I'm trying a manuka honey mask, don't think it'll help the bumps but we'll see.

I think I'll try that shampoo next week if I don't see any improvment :3