Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Every morning I wake up thinking I'm going to look in the mirror and see perfect skin. Every. Single. Morning. And that hasn't happened in a long, long time. Granted, my skin has been much worse before. And I have been getting compliments lately. But it's just not there yet. So every morning I'm disappointed. And god forbid I find a new pimple. That's just devastating. And then I have to go to work and be perky. I know that if I could just let go a little. If I could just stop thinking there's something I can do to make my skin perfect overnight. If I could just gain some patience, my life would be so much better.

One of my saying for 2012 is this: Disappointment is a useless emotion -it doesn't help anyone. With that said, another of my sayings for 2012 is this:

I will NOT GIVE UP no matter the obstacle.

Life is full of knowledge so don't waste your time being disappointed....keep on gaining knowledge

Best of Best for 2012cheer.gif

Amen to that!

Ironically, I think good patience comes to those who, what else?, wait!

I keep the hopeful side of that feeling with me though, and try to let the disappointment only encourage me more. It's a little tricky, but if people can turn all that negative energy into positive energy, it's all worth it in the end. Fast improvements or not, it helps to be hopeful and open minded.

Amen to that!

I keep the hopeful side of that feeling with me though, and try to let the disappointment only encourage me more. It's a little tricky, but if people can turn all that negative energy into positive energy, it's all worth it in the end. Fast improvements or not, it helps to be hopeful and open minded.

How do you do that? I try to remind myself that this too shall pass. Sometimes that works. Other times the crazy, obsessive, paranoid side of me takes over. And that hateful little voice just goes on and on. "What if it's not working? What if you're doing more harm than good? What if the people that say acne is caused by food are right?" How do you make that stop?

Every morning I wake up thinking I'm going to look in the mirror and see perfect skin. Every. Single. Morning. And that hasn't happened in a long, long time. Granted, my skin has been much worse before. And I have been getting compliments lately. But it's just not there yet. So every morning I'm disappointed. And god forbid I find a new pimple. That's just devastating. And then I have to go to work and be perky. I know that if I could just let go a little. If I could just stop thinking there's something I can do to make my skin perfect overnight. If I could just gain some patience, my life would be so much better.

Acknowledge the positive comments. Don't be pessimistic and ignore how far you have come. Looking in the mirror each morning expecting your pimples to vanish overnight is setting the table for disappointment. I am sure you are a gorgeous person, both inside and out. Acne isn't a death sentence. Look at the encouraging notes and thoughtful messages you leave for others, and give yourself a chance.

The "what if's" will never stop and is actually a very very VERY common issue that most people have with themselves. It difficult to comprehend certain things at first unless you open you mind, and by opening your mind I guess I mean looking at EVERYTHING. Not just others, but yourself. Energy, for example, is one thing to look at, because it causes energy to be doubtful. The only thing some one can really do is recognize WHEN these thoughts and feelings are happening, and how to take those 'nerves' and use them for something else. There are dozens of relaxation techniques all over the internet, but I find logical reasoning to be the most efficient. Try occupying your time with something else whenever these things pop up, like a favorite magazine or better yet, puzzles! (Sudoku is my favorite :)). VERY VERY VERY slowly (and I mean slowly since this CAN take years to perfect), your body will realize that whenever something negative invades your mind, it gradually becomes something positive. Different people require different activities. Mine just happens to be reading, which is where I found that you have to be patience to receive patience ^_^. It's nerve-racking, irritating, and constantly confusing, but gradually you begin to break yourself and slowly realize that there is more to life than asking "what if". Being thankful for the day will strict you to worry about other things, like what kind of weather will be coming. Capturing your energy is something only you can do and can take a long time to achieve which, ironically, requires patience. My personal advice is to finish your tasks and just keep going forward. Even though your not going backwards, standing still isn't the best choice either since the world constantly moves forward on it's own, so I consider it almost the same thing as moving forward.

Once again, all these thoughts came from acceptance and realization that I can NOT always cure everything and that I will ALWAYS have to deal with it. Acne, for example, was completely out of my control and deep in my genetics, so there is nt one thing I can do about it. I haven't asked myself "what if" in a LONG time. rather, I pay close attention to detail, write it down, organize and store it, and go on about my day. if something DOES happen, I say "Oh, look at that! Better get back to my notes..." and realize that once day I may have been too harsh on my left check, thus the pimples that appeared a few days later. You must be honest with yourself. I hope this doesn't sound mean, but read stories from other people who have it worse than you so that you can be thankful that you at least do have access to these acne products. Lastly, aways have hope. "What if" will cause restless minds and aggravating attitudes towards yourself and others, thus practically trowing away the whole day.

It's not easy to explain this since no one explained it to me, I just happened to come across great books at an important and needing time in my life. For me, reading and books help, and I am almost 100 percent certain that it helps other people out there as well. But you have to realize that only YOU can make the decision to keep up with these positive attitudes and views, and patience come naturally on it's own I guess. Telling someone to be patient is too irritating and shouldn't be the best form of communication. Rather, start thinking about being patience (even though you are not), and the body will relax on it's own. The body is extraordinary capable of amazing things, so when mind over matter happens more and more, you'll know that what you're doing is right. But it takes time and a lot of baby steps. Instant results are impossible and should be viewed as such, just so they don't effect your daily routine.

Amen to that!

How do you do that? I try to remind myself that this too shall pass. Sometimes that works. Other times the crazy, obsessive, paranoid side of me takes over. And that hateful little voice just goes on and on. "What if it's not working? What if you're doing more harm than good? What if the people that say acne is caused by food are right?" How do you make that stop?

Oh sorry, I'm still learning the website ^^;

TreatAcne -

Thank you for taking the time to write that. You make a lot of sense. I do tend to see the world through tunnel vision. And I know it isn't healthy or productive. It isn't fair to the people (and dogs) in my life that I waste so much time and energy worrying and something I have no control over. I'm always the one to say life is too short and that you have to "be here now" and I haven't been practicing what I preach.

Today, I will not look in the mirror (except when I'm putting goo on my face). I will not let crazy, wasteful, energy-sucking, bitter thoughts hijack my brain. Today is going to be a good day.