Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
awshucks

Using Sea Salt On A Cyst

I've got this cyst on my chin that hasn't come to a head yet. I just read about using a warm sea salt compress to help heal the cyst faster. My question is, does it make the cyst come to a head faster and thus heal faster, or does it reduce the size/redness of it so that it goes away without ever coming to a head?

With NYE being tomorrow night, I'd like to look good when going out. At this point, I think I'd rather keep the size/redness instead of this thing coming to an ugly head since NYE is so close. But if it will help reduce the size and redness, then I will try the sea salt thing.

Any advice would be most appreciated!

usually when trying any kind of method like this it brings to a head faster to make it completely heal faster. although im not sure with sea salt ive read quite a few of sea salt threads and dont recall anyone saying they had a IB. ive also noticed that in the summer when i swim at my beach my acne all clears within a week. i went to my beach 2 nights ago and i got a jar full of sea water and tried leaving a dab on a piple over night the other day and it didnt do anything at all. so im not sure if you could expect to see any improvement in one day. sorry if this didnt help any!