Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rheks

Hot Water/hot Showers.

My skin has had problems for a while and it was getting better by the use of cetaphil and bp, and it looked amazing earlier this week however i have recently had an awful break out on the side of my chin and around my mouth which is strange because i hardly ever get spots on my chin.

I have a really weird rash, which is bumpy and blotchy under my mouth, which I think may be caused from my over dried skin. Which i also think is the cause of my breakout. As well as being very rough on my skin.

Do you think the overuse of steamy hot water an showers for this past week has caused this bad reaction? or is it the cetaphil, as I recently did start using it. But found it was very nice at the start, so hopefully it's not.

I would say it is the hot shower. Just try to go for warm showers which I know can be hard and a bit uncomfortable at the start but you'll get used to it. Remember to moisturize after a shower.

Thanks! Hopefully it will clear soon! yeah I will use much less hot water. I moisturize everday day and night, but I suppose its just really damaged.

Hot water = dead flaky skin (prone to bacteria). Soaps/bp = SLS surfactants = dead flaky skin = break outs. I would recommend not using hot water or face soaps, instead just use water to rinse your face, dont scrub or touch your face.

I use to have the same problem with hot showers. I would get red, blotchy, itchy, and breakouts!!! So... I now wash my hair under the faucet, and then I get in the tub, wash my body, and the rinse off with a pitcher!!! Lol all w Luke warm water, and I have never been better!!!! Lol it's a weird approach, but it works, I havent taken a regular shower n 6 months!!! It's just too steamy for me and it makes my inflammation issue flair like crazy, no longer do have that issue.

Taking cool showers is HORRIBLE. One of my least favorite things to have to deal with since developing acne... especially in the winter. But I have to. Hot water just kills my skin. Red, dry, and irritated... so I suck it up and freeze in a cool shower. At least for washing my face. Then I turn it super hot and just stand in the hot water for like 10 minutes to warm back up, lol. I would just wash my face in the sink, but I can't get all my makeup off without the streaming water from the shower.

Ugh, I'm so mad at myself right now. I just "treated" myself to a not-freezing-cold shower to wash my face, and now I KNOW my skin is going to be all red and irritated for Christmas... SO mad at myself. I wish I had just sucked it up and dealt with 3 minutes of cold discomfort! UGH!

Wow! It does suck but I am glad you guys can relate so I know it must be from it! I can stand warm water on my face however its going to br a nightmare having a nice a nice shower!

How long does it usually take to recover from these breakouts? I didn't think something like hot watet could make it so bad! I will have to be very gentle and careful from now on!