Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sugarkissh20

How Often Do You Notice Acne On Someone?

I feel like every time I go out that is all people are looking at. If i have a massive pimple I feel like as soon as I am done talking to them they are turning to their friends an going "omg, did you see here face? Freakin nasty" but whenever i see someone else with acne I notice it but it is hardly a big deal to me for some reason.

We have acne so we know what others are going through. I have a friend who also has acne and I get along with her more cause we don't stare at each others faces.. we know we have that issue.... who cares? we don't cause we both are the same.

Biggest pet peeve... when people don't look me in the eyes when speaking. Acne or no acne. Just plain annoying!

Back when I had clear skin, almost never - I seriously was best friends with a girl for two years in high school and only recently learned she'd had moderate acne back then and I just didn't notice.

Now? All the freaking time. I stare at people's skin like most alcoholics stare into the bottom of a liquor glass, hoping to find answers to life's most philosophically troubling riddles.

Back when I had clear skin, almost never - I seriously was best friends with a girl for two years in high school and only recently learned she'd had moderate acne back then and I just didn't notice.

Now? All the freaking time. I stare at people's skin like most alcoholics stare into the bottom of a liquor glass, hoping to find answers to life's most philosophically troubling riddles.

You just read my mind .

I notice each imperfection. I quietly observe people and fixate on their flaws, and then I debate to myself how they are willing to go out and continue to live despite their imperfections. I notice acne immediately. I don't see how you could not. People are quick to point out mustard on your lip. How could someone miss a zit on your forehead? The only reason they don't mention the zit is because it's insensitive to point it out. I think you would be blind to miss acne on a pale skinned individual.

Well I always notice it, I guess I kinda look for it and compare to decide how bad my acne looks through other peoples eyes. And for some reason if the person even has worse acne than mine I just feel like mine looks way worse.

I have to agree with the post above ^

I always notice acne but I never comment anything about it or suggest anything to aid acne because i wouldn't want anyone to do the same with me . I'm always looking to see if others have acne, espcially girls, because I feel like I'm the only girl that has acne I've hardly see girls my age that live in my city with acne.

I notice every little flaw on everyone. Its really messed up but when i see someone that looks worse then me which is really rare I feel better when I should feel horrible for them. Acne has messed with my mind so bad. I'm always looking comparing myself to them, wondering if they would rather have my skin etc

I always notice it too but I tell to myself that people who don't have acne problems probably don't notice mine much. People tell me I don't have acne which surprises me because I still do have them...guess they don't notice when it's mild or moderate. Like I didn't used to notice people's scars but now I think "wow I never noticed the scars on this and that person before!"

I notice flaws, but to me it is not nearly a big deal as it would be If I were in their shoes. Like I could still see myself befriending that person. But whenever I have a bad breakout I dont see how anyone could even stand to look at me.

when i didnt have acne I never noticed it. Now that I do, I scan peoples face like you have no idea. I work as a cash register so I see people often lol

which also means they get to look at my face :(

When I was clear, I would hardly notice or care if someone had it.

Now, I look at everyones skin very closely.

Edited by MCP91

I look at every person that walks by. I just stare at their face, and if they dont have acne I get jealous. I guess I'm just trying to find someone that has the same problem as me. I have seen a few, but not many. And it makes me sad :( I feel like im the only girl with acne sometimes. But I know im not, I just feel like it though.

I closely inspect every tiny imperfection on every single person. I even find myself doing it on the television! It's totally down to having past severe acne that I do this, just can't help myself!

Thankfully my skin is 95% clear now =] but I still find myself constantly doing routine skin checks at every given moment! Although I did get a compliment the other day saying 'your skin looks glowing' this made me mega happy!

I totally agree though, I can see the majority of other acne sufferers and 9/10 times I always think my face must be worse than theirs =/.It's getting over that mental block that I'm finding tuff.

Iv discovered whenever I am clear and I get into a conversation about acne with someone, people find it hard to believe that you had that bad of acne. I remember talking with a friend and telling her that at one point my acne was bad enough that I didnt want to go out in public amd she goes "Im sure it wasnt THAT bad" neutral.gif

I agree with most people. When I had clear skin, with a blemish here or there, I never noticed things like acne. And when it was my turn to get ugly acne 8mons ago, I considered it severe and people kept telling me its not that bad. Or if they seen my pictures, they would laugh and ask, "you have acne?" I guess in my opinion its bad but other people don't see it and say I am exaggerating lol.....but honestly when I see people who have really bad acne my heart cries for them and I say a little prayer cuz I feel so bad. It is the worst feeling to feel that everyone only sees your imperfections. I think people that purposely look for others imperfections have issues of their own and low self esteem. They compensate their inner pain by thriving off others.

I always notice it. I mean, it's not in a bad way. I'm usually the one saying, "I would be happy with only a few pimples like *so and so*," or if they have

pretty bad acne, I actually feel a connection with them automatically, like we could be best friends. haha. I saw a guy in the mall the other day with

bad acne and I wanted to be his friend so bad. He just didn't care about his skin. He was just out to have a good time.... I could never do that (especially

with no make-up)

I notice every little flaw on everyone. Its really messed up but when i see someone that looks worse then me which is really rare I feel better when I should feel horrible for them. Acne has messed with my mind so bad. I'm always looking comparing myself to them, wondering if they would rather have my skin etc

Your photo creeps me out every time I see it. Going to bed now... please don't kill me.

I usually notice acne but that doesn't mean I have specific, if any, thoughts about it or the person that has it. To me it's the equivalent of watching a cloud pass by. Part of life.

Biggest pet peeve... when people don't look me in the eyes when speaking. Acne or no acne. Just plain annoying!

Same.

Most of the time I notice it after the person is in front of me talking to me. It's not like I walk by people and criticize every single persons face or hunt for it. There will be people I happen notice regardless though (and their skin won't be considered severe either), and I notice if someone has really good skin. It's just the way it is.

Edited by Vampireninja09

Your photo creeps me out every time I see it. Going to bed now... please don't kill me.

Depends, if your skins better then mine I wouldnt kill you, just skin your face and super glue it too myself *Eye twitches while sharpening knife*

i honestly don't really notice unless its really bad. i dont even notice if someone has a huge pimple, but if i have a huge pimple anywhere, i constantly check that same area on somewhere elses face where i have the pimple and think "omg they're so lucky they don't have a pimple there". And I even think that if they have a huge pimple somewhere else on the face that is worse than the one i have.

I notice imperfections pretty quickly, but only if I'm up close to someone. From far away though it's much harder to inspect someone's complexion.

What gets to me though is that there are really people out there with flawless skin, and I mean FLAWLESS. I know that we all like to think nobody's perfect and everyone is airbrushed in photos/tv, but flawless skin isn't impossible.

flawless skin for some people is impossible though. my skin is almost completely clear, but its far from being flawless, and i doubt it ever will be.

I've really noticed acne before on anyone before. I've dated three different guys I can recall that had horrible acne all over their face but I honestly didn't pay much attention to it but obviously I observed they had the problem. I have never had bad acne until this past summer and now I keep thinking that people are wondering why I look so horrible. Unfortunately, some people are awful enough to tell me as if I don't already know! The nerve... And also they love to give their tacky advice even after I mention I am seeing a professional for it. Just as we can recall the eye color of someone we know, I imagine we can recall they had terrible skin. Whether or not they have a good or bad opinion depends on their character.