Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FSAS

Olive Oil Question And Another Question About What I'm Told To Take

is olive oil doing me harm topically? i use it to remove makeup and often leave it on my skin because i noticed it make my skin softer. i changed brands yesterday, this one is all natural, cold pressed, extra virgin, pure..all those good things. yet i woke up this morning look MUCH worse than ever. The main pimples i have were looking disgusting like i literally had to pop them they all came to a very decent head and literally were going to burst anyway. except i also tried something else i think could be the cause, i still have some spiro and someone gave me advice to try it topically 'as it cant hurt'. im not sure if it would have the same antiandrogen effect. i know nizoral is a weak antiandrogen and it often calms things down greatly. i crushed up a small spiro tablet and applied it to my face 2 nights ago, woke u..things looked better. so of course i tried it again last night..woke up and the disaster of which i call my face looked at me in the mirror. Why would the spiro help one night and the next bring all the pimples i focused on spot treatment to a massive gooey head i do not know. did it clog them or more bring them to a head faster much like a IB ? or could it have been the olive oil? focusing more on the olive oil here though :P just thought i'd add that extra info on the spiro thing in.

is olive oil a good oil option, i dont have many oil options in my area >.<

also I take an antifungal/antiparasite herbal pill before bed as instructed by my nutritionist.. he said it might make me break out more but to be honest im constantly breaking out all the time now im not noticing if its being specific. I've been taking it for a little over a week and nothing feels like its working. as usual my body decides to have no obvious affect to anything. i doubt its working ..she said all those things like "it will make you go to the toilet more etc its just the toxins getting out".. that really hasnt been happening. The ingredients are:

artemisia annua (chinese wormwood) 750mg

Berberis vulgaris (barberry) root 750mg

Citrus x paradisi (grapefruit) fruit 500mg

juglans nigra (black walnut) fruit hull 400mg

do you think taking one of these pills every day will be effective enough if i do have some sort of parasite ? she mainly just gave it to me to help with my digestive system as im also taking a mix of 5 liquid herbs to help with stress/liver/digestion.

Why would grapefruit ever be in pill form?

P.S. when spots comes to a head I know it's alarming but it's a good thing, oils do that for me too. It means your skin is trying to heal that part by contracting around the area. Whiteheads I'll make an exception for in touching my face (which I did a lot of yesterday in front of the mirror armed with tissues, admittedly) but will try not to make them bleed (so as not to damage the dermis, causing more PIH in the long run). Also the only oil I use on my face anymore is camellia, I got some for like $6 I think on ebay.

Have you looked into PCOS at all, FSAS?

Okay thankyou for clearing that up :) I havnt looked into pcos I need to find a new doc they will let me teat but also I'm not in a good mental state to come off the pill right now to do hormonal tests in general. The treatment for pcos, isn't it birth control? Do you think because Diane doesn't keep me as clear as the spiro that I have pcos? I was looking at that progesterone cream , I forgot what my nutritionist said though relating to what he thinks my hormones are when I describe my acne traits. The worse 2 weeks before clear the first day of period and last and then gradually gets worse again. I don't get pms symptoms though like cramps or heavy bleeding .. Hm

Okay thankyou for clearing that up smile.png I havnt looked into pcos I need to find a new doc they will let me teat but also I'm not in a good mental state to come off the pill right now to do hormonal tests in general. The treatment for pcos, isn't it birth control? Do you think because Diane doesn't keep me as clear as the spiro that I have pcos? I was looking at that progesterone cream , I forgot what my nutritionist said though relating to what he thinks my hormones are when I describe my acne traits. The worse 2 weeks before clear the first day of period and last and then gradually gets worse again. I don't get pms symptoms though like cramps or heavy bleeding .. Hm

Yeah, diane is the main form of treatment according to wikipedia but I'll still disagree that that's the best method. If you have access to doctors you may want an ultra sound to check, I'd love to get one but idk when I'll have an affordable option for that next. My body hair grows in pretty thick but not in any unusual areas, so I don't think I have hirsutism). And I've never tried to make a baby so have no idea if I'm infertile, up until recently I've been on yasmin, which would kind of give me a period every month. Since going off BCP I am unsure as to when mine occur. But anxiety, depression, acne, insulin resistance, and always thinking about when I can eat something sweet next? Sure, totally.

Okay thankyou for clearing that up smile.png I havnt looked into pcos I need to find a new doc they will let me teat but also I'm not in a good mental state to come off the pill right now to do hormonal tests in general. The treatment for pcos, isn't it birth control? Do you think because Diane doesn't keep me as clear as the spiro that I have pcos? I was looking at that progesterone cream , I forgot what my nutritionist said though relating to what he thinks my hormones are when I describe my acne traits. The worse 2 weeks before clear the first day of period and last and then gradually gets worse again. I don't get pms symptoms though like cramps or heavy bleeding .. Hm

Yeah, diane is the main form of treatment according to wikipedia but I'll still disagree that that's the best method. If you have access to doctors you may want an ultra sound to check, I'd love to get one but idk when I'll have an affordable option for that next. My body hair grows in pretty thick but not in any unusual areas, so I don't think I have hirsutism). And I've never tried to make a baby so have no idea if I'm infertile, up until recently I've been on yasmin, which would kind of give me a period every month. Since going off BCP I am unsure as to when mine occur. But anxiety, depression, acne, insulin resistance, and always thinking about when I can eat something sweet next? Sure, totally.

thats what has me confused..as why diane is so not keeping me clear :/ if diane is one of the preferred best options to treat pcos i'd not benefit at all from it :( on the other hand I still attach hope to spiro because i know when i was on it i was 99% clear (including with diane but as of today it seems like spiro did a lot of the stubborn work). I honestly contemplated going back on it the other day, wasting away my younger years stuck in a house hiding, its no way to live :/

again though im not sure what my hormone levels are but the anti-androgen worked wonders. and i read on the progesterone thread on this board that some woman were getting bumps on their forehead and relating that to estrogen dominance. as with acne 1-2 weeks (flareup) before ones period and then clearing up the last day. something like that. If i have estrogen dominance I assume my progesterone would be low but that doesnt reveal much about why anti-androgen helps besides, really, keeping the hormones away from my face because of the androgen receptors in the face. hm. i assume diane is a high estrogen pill yet i still dont understand why people are usually 99% clear on it if high estrogen is the culprit :/ im honestly not sure if its doing me good but then again it could be keeping an even more facial disaster at bay. how are you going since off bcp? :)

thats what has me confused..as why diane is so not keeping me clear :/ if diane is one of the preferred best options to treat pcos i'd not benefit at all from it sad.png on the other hand I still attach hope to spiro because i know when i was on it i was 99% clear (including with diane but as of today it seems like spiro did a lot of the stubborn work). I honestly contemplated going back on it the other day, wasting away my younger years stuck in a house hiding, its no way to live :/

again though im not sure what my hormone levels are but the anti-androgen worked wonders. and i read on the progesterone thread on this board that some woman were getting bumps on their forehead and relating that to estrogen dominance. as with acne 1-2 weeks (flareup) before ones period and then clearing up the last day. something like that. If i have estrogen dominance I assume my progesterone would be low but that doesnt reveal much about why anti-androgen helps besides, really, keeping the hormones away from my face because of the androgen receptors in the face. hm. i assume diane is a high estrogen pill yet i still dont understand why people are usually 99% clear on it if high estrogen is the culprit :/ im honestly not sure if its doing me good but then again it could be keeping an even more facial disaster at bay. how are you going since off bcp? smile.png

I've been getting outside more, picked up some alligator shoes at a thrift store whilst bike riding today. Not very practical but they amuse me. I'm glad I'm not on BCP anymore, I feel more like myself. I just need to look into alternative contraceptive forms, or at least know when I'm ovulating. Also I don't think I had any kind of breakout afterwards, just the same spots which appear in random places. I mostly have PIH left with a few active spots but my face still feels like a trainwreck at times. Those alligator shoes cheered me up tho~

To do a proper cleanse you need cloves as well as those other ingredients. Order some humaworm, that is a tried and true parasite cleanse that is pretty affordable (I think 30 bucks) and has been successful for many people.