Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DennisDo

Acne Brought Me Down, But I Got Back Up

I used to have very severe acne (which left my scarred) and during those times, I would always avoid meeting new people, avoid going to places that I wanted to go; all because I was worried about what people would say about my acne.

This wasn't just some normal acne, I'm talk about acne that spread all over me; all over my face, back, shoulder, and it went down as far as to my arms! It was unbelievable. My acne was so bad. I remember that during P.E. in middle school, I would just do a single push up and my face would start bleeding.. That is something I still can't forget, but you get the picture, so I won't go into anymore details.

I've always wondered if my acne would ever be under control.. and up to this day.. for 9 years.. I am thankful that it has.

Although it isn't completely gone, I am left with all type of scarring on my face and back.. It's pretty bad.. trust me. I did dermastamp (which helped with my confidence greatly) but who am I kidding, I need more than some 'home' procedure to fix me up. My body literally looks a crater while having someone placed a bunch of small white patches all over due to past nodules, very big sized past nodules.

I'm 21 now. I suffered its extreme when I was 16 and in middle school. Do you guys realize how hard it was to change my attitude around people? I am in college now, and I have somehow learned how to accept who I am and what has happened.

I came here to post my quick little story because I read about how some people can't see the light from the end of the tunnel. But there is indeed light on the other side! I used to skip school, cry to myself at night and not let ANYONE know about it. Yet here I am, enjoying life, all because I learned to how to not give a single care about my scars and acne.

I wouldn't say that I wished all of this happened to me, but because I experienced it, it has taught me to become more aware on life. I don't take things for granted because I realize how beautiful life really is. I learn that not everything has to be bad just because of acne!

http://selfexceed.co...bad-experience/

I usually read self-development sites like that to help me get out of the gutter. I wouldn't say that I am completely recovered, but I will say that I am much much, MUCH better off than how I was a year ago. I can now at least worry about myself and not what others think. I really recommend anyone who want to help themselves to read sites like those or even start your own blog. Acne sucks, but it's what you make out of it that matters.

Edited by DenD359

It's nice to see someone who has a willpower to fight back. It's really sad to read stories about people recovering from acne physically but not mentally.

There is a way to overcome acne scars if you are willing to accept them. I am not willing to accept them, and will not until I have exhausted all of my option. I was born a negative person who is unable to see the positive in life, and I always look at what can go wrong instead of what can go right. I have ruined many opportunities because of it.

I would like to enjoy life, but the circumstances make it hard for me to do it. It goes deeper than acne. Life is nothing more than an empty existence for me. I don't find many pleasures in life.

its hard if your a girl and looks are really important

wheter your a boy or girl looks matter to some extent. but once shit happens, whatever sex you are you just have to accept it or die.

There is a way to overcome acne scars if you are willing to accept them. I am not willing to accept them, and will not until I have exhausted all of my option. I was born a negative person who is unable to see the positive in life, and I always look at what can go wrong instead of what can go right. I have ruined many opportunities because of it.

I would like to enjoy life, but the circumstances make it hard for me to do it. It goes deeper than acne. Life is nothing more than an empty existence for me. I don't find many pleasures in life.

Tyga, there is no tomorrow or the next day or the future.. because your only option to live a positive life is now.

I will admit that I have regretted making some decision due to my act of choice; whether it was confident issue, acne, or even worse situations, and I just hated it and wondered why on earth I didn't just take that opportunity. Allow me to post a picture of the scars on my face: http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l299/dend359/SNC00069.jpg, click if you only want to see how bad it is. And worse part is, that is NOT my main problem.

You need to start stepping above. I understand that if it goes deeper than acne, then it will be tough to get through. However, you (and anyone) can always start slow and small, and that is by looking deeper into yourself. For instance the way you talk to yourself now.. quit it. Because let's say if you did have a friend that talked to you the way you talked to yourself now, how long would you keep that friend of yours around? This article is great at making you realize yourself

http://selfexceed.co...lk-to-yourself/

For everyone else, it is all within the mind (as corny as that sounds!) But like I said previously, I don't wish that I didn't have acne because I don't, it's fucking terrible. However, because I went through a rough phrase and have finally overcame it, I want to provide some motivation to those who are feeling down or some sort. I'm willing to provide that inspiration if only you're willing to help yourself.

Edited by DenD359

but make up seems to hide everything?

make up takes away the attractive "glow" in a girls' skin, and it makes the texture of your skin stand out more.

my hero! im older than you but u sound like someone i would idolize; ive been through a lot alongside acne, and im just trying to accept it all and work on my confidence, changing my attitude was the hardest part, but i havent been this happy and confident since i was single-digit-old!

Edited by colostomus

Well, I think it is good that you were able to overcome. Many people underestimate the psychological damage that acne has. Many members view this section as a joke, but that is probably because they've never had severe acne with major scarring.

wheter your a boy or girl looks matter to some extent. but once shit happens, whatever sex you are you just have to accept it or die.

Nicely said.

my hero! im older than you but u sound like someone i would idolize; ive been through a lot alongside acne, and im just trying to accept it all and work on my confidence, changing my attitude was the hardest part, but i havent been this happy and confident since i was singel-digit-old!

That's great to hear! I also see that you like running, one of the best thing that you can do for the body; especially when you achieve that runner's high!

It is sad what extreme acne can do to someone, both physically and mentally. I'm just thankful to find the gym because that's where most of my recovery came from. I mean, if we're constantly worrying about our acne/scars with nothing to look forward to, it's kind of hard to look past it. The gym gave me that chance to change my body, and there was nothing more that I looked forward to each day, as I saw results of my own body, my own self.

Of course, this goes for ALL kinds of hobby. If you are doing something, anything, to better yourself each day, it'll slowly diminish the psychological effect of acne.

make up takes away the attractive "glow" in a girls' skin, and it makes the texture of your skin stand out more.

Hi i read your signiture and wanted to know why its not good to eat beans or lentils?

Hi i read your signiture and wanted to know why its not good to eat beans or lentils?

They are very starchy and hard to digest..and I break out from eating them.

my hero! im older than you but u sound like someone i would idolize; ive been through a lot alongside acne, and im just trying to accept it all and work on my confidence, changing my attitude was the hardest part, but i havent been this happy and confident since i was singel-digit-old!

That's great to hear! I also see that you like running, one of the best thing that you can do for the body; especially when you achieve that runner's high!

It is sad what extreme acne can do to someone, both physically and mentally. I'm just thankful to find the gym because that's where most of my recovery came from. I mean, if we're constantly worrying about our acne/scars with nothing to look forward to, it's kind of hard to look past it. The gym gave me that chance to change my body, and there was nothing more that I looked forward to each day, as I saw results of my own body, my own self.

Of course, this goes for ALL kinds of hobby. If you are doing something, anything, to better yourself each day, it'll slowly diminish the psychological effect of acne.

You don't ever get depressed? Because what is the point of working out if you still don't like your face....I only have one shot and that is to have a nice body or else why would a girl even think about giving me a chance. I am almost there just need to clean up my diet.

You don't ever get depressed? Because what is the point of working out if you still don't like your face....I only have one shot and that is to have a nice body or else why would a girl even think about giving me a chance. I am almost there just need to clean up my diet.

I have a lot going on for me this year since I've managed to put myself out there. The only time I get depressed is when I go for a long period of time without socializing with anyone. The reason? Probably because it reminds me of how lonely it was when I had severe acne where I would isolate myself from others.

You contradict yourself by saying that you have no hope with a face you don't like, but then you say that there may be a chance if you build a better body. What I think you're trying to do is you're trying to make yourself more attractive to others, which there is nothing wrong with. However, keep in mind that if you're working out for girls, that is the wrong reason to do so. Why should you put your time and energy for someone else? Why not yourself? This is YOU I'm talking about! No one deserves more attention than yourself.

I think the problem that lies in this board is that everyone worries about what others think way too much. I can understand that, I still worry once in a while, but I think that it's just human nature. We're programmed to try to be better than everyone else, but the problem lies when someone stresses over it. This is your life, your body dammit, learn to enjoy or live with it! No one deserves more effort that you put in other than yourself; I may even support being an egotist up to some extent lol.

When you are working out, or whatever it is that you're trying to improve on, make sure that it is for yourself. Take care of your mental health because that is the first step to achieving happiness. Look at me, I am here acne scar riddled—as much as I hate saying that about myself, I'm trying to make a point. Learn to go with what you have because life is what you make out of it.

I used to have very severe acne (which left my scarred) and during those times, I would always avoid meeting new people, avoid going to places that I wanted to go; all because I was worried about what people would say about my acne.

This wasn't just some normal acne, I'm talk about acne that spread all over me; all over my face, back, shoulder, and it went down as far as to my arms! It was unbelievable. My acne was so bad. I remember that during P.E. in middle school, I would just do a single push up and my face would start bleeding.. That is something I still can't forget, but you get the picture, so I won't go into anymore details.

I've always wondered if my acne would ever be under control.. and up to this day.. for 9 years.. I am thankful that it has.

Although it isn't completely gone, I am left with all type of scarring on my face and back.. It's pretty bad.. trust me. I did dermastamp (which helped with my confidence greatly) but who am I kidding, I need more than some 'home' procedure to fix me up. My body literally looks a crater while having someone placed a bunch of small white patches all over due to past nodules, very big sized past nodules.

I'm 21 now. I suffered its extreme when I was 16 and in middle school. Do you guys realize how hard it was to change my attitude around people? I am in college now, and I have somehow learned how to accept who I am and what has happened.

I came here to post my quick little story because I read about how some people can't see the light from the end of the tunnel. But there is indeed light on the other side! I used to skip school, cry to myself at night and not let ANYONE know about it. Yet here I am, enjoying life, all because I learned to how to not give a single care about my scars and acne.

I wouldn't say that I wished all of this happened to me, but because I experienced it, it has taught me to become more aware on life. I don't take things for granted because I realize how beautiful life really is. I learn that not everything has to be bad just because of acne!

http://selfexceed.co...bad-experience/

I usually read self-development sites like that to help me get out of the gutter. I wouldn't say that I am completely recovered, but I will say that I am much much, MUCH better off than how I was a year ago. I can now at least worry about myself and not what others think. I really recommend anyone who want to help themselves to read sites like those or even start your own blog. Acne sucks, but it's what you make out of it that matters.

uhm, i LOVE this post!!! way to be strong, you are inspirational! 9 years is a long struggle, I know, because Im at my 6th year with acne, but Im glad you came out on the other side! Just stopped by to say that(: