Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Emilyx0

What Is This (Picture Attached)

a scar or just a dark spot?

will it go away, how can i treat it.. im only 17 sad.png

post-108491-0-06737400-1323712618_thumb.

post-108491-0-75035200-1323713256.jpg

post-108491-0-79696800-1323719751_thumb.

post-108491-0-09983200-1323719763_thumb.

post-108491-0-06737400-1323712618_thumb.

post-108491-0-75035200-1323713256.jpg

post-108491-0-79696800-1323719751_thumb.

post-108491-0-09983200-1323719763_thumb.

Edited by Emilyx0

I used to have far worse scarring than that. I just replaced my usual moisturiser with 'Palmers coco butter' sorted it out a treat =]. Now they are barely visible!

Hope this helps!

thanks for responding! do you think it will fade over time or will i have that indent for life?

Should i get some sort of laser done to it?

It's hard to say really ... everyone heals differently. I would say keep with Palmers, as it does wonders for scarring! It may not erase it completely but it will fade it dramatically :). I personally wouldn't resort to laser treatment, as it is such a minor scar!

Also check out 'Bio Oil'. I haven't used it before but the reviews speak for themselves!

from a pimple back in october! will it raise up? I already cant deal with acne this is just going to kill me sad.png

ill do anything for this to heal

post-108491-0-75213500-1323793207_thumb.

post-108491-0-75213500-1323793207_thumb.

Edited by Emilyx0

from a pimple back in october! will it raise up? I already cant deal with acne this is just going to kill me sad.png

ill do anything for this to heal

rub either bio oil or vitamin oil or even lemon juice and exfoliate it helps

what will this do tho? DO you think its just a temporary scar?

the oils help them fade by making them softer and exfoliating helps to get rid of dead skins and reveal young fresh skin from underneath.

idk if its permanent or temporary only time can tell.

I have a scar like that on my forehead from being about 17, except it was worse. That was 5 years ago, it took about 6 months for mine to look like it does now. Whenever I tell people they have to look really hard to see it. I wouldn't worry about it fading away. Mine is still indented, but it's the same colour as the rest of my face, so you just can't see it. Yours still looks quite fresh, so don't panic, just give it time.

Most of the negative feelings attached to scars come from your not being used to it. I should know, I have an eight inch scar down my arm on my elbow from having surgery on my arm. It doesn't bother me at all now, but I thought it was disgusting when I first saw it. Most people I know think it's pretty cool, and some times it's actually a fun talking point.

Scars also add character, which I actually think is actually quite attractive. Once this has healed it will most likely look cute.

The best way to treat scars is to prevent them. Do some research on how to properly remove a white head. It involves a sterile needle being inserted and the pus being extracted with a tool available at most pharmecies. next if you do have a healing pimple it will often form a dry scab like surface. While it is healing gently stretch the skin around it in all directions. Scabs grab the skin around it and pull it tight, you want to prevent this. Your scar is still pink colored. Fully healed scars are no longer pink. This means you have some time to try to heal it. massage it every day with vitamin e. you want to use some pressure when massaging. this helps the tissues to lie flatter. you can find silicone pads at your phamecy in the scar care section. These can be used by taping a small piece over your scab or scar and leaving on over night. you can also buy silicone paint on gel. Silicone is used on scars and burns to prevent and flatten scars. These will also help to soften the dry flaky scabs that you get on a healing pimple.

This info is from a combination if having acne myself for 20+ years and I also treat scars and wounds in my Physical Therapy career. I remember my first scar well. It was devastating. I wish it had been my last. Please take my advice and treat your skin more delicately. A pimple is a moment, a scar is forever.

thanks so much everyone for replying! means A LOT

when you guys say to rub vitemin E is there a specific brand for that?

i will go and by it tonight smile.png

Edited by Emilyx0

I would suggest pure aloe vera to heal the skin.Things like coco butter and bio oil would more then likely clog your pores and cause more acne.Just give your skin time to heal also

thanks so much everyone for replying! means A LOT

when you guys say to rub vitemin E is there a specific brand for that?

i will go and by it tonight smile.png

how old is the scar, you should try vitamin e oil, i put it on my little indented scar and with in a day it was gone, I had only used it once then stopped, i was testing it. I was amazed but then the next morning it was there again ): i am pretty sure if you you keep using it will fade just takes time, the real pure vitamin e oil is usually brown in color not gold or yellow just a heads up.

hey everyone! I'm going to see a dermatologist next week! The scar is still there and is very visible and ugly in direct sunlight :(

What do i ask for what type of treatment? Will this go away or am i wasting my time and money?