Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pord

Do Scars Look Better In The Morning?

The title says it all.

I was just wondering if it is normal for acne scars to look better in the morning when I wake up. Is this normal? Or could this be something to do with hyperpigmentaion?

Thanks!

my scars look 70% better in the morning because my face gets kinda swollen in the morning after waking up.

Yeah my scars also look better in the morning, some of them are completely gone :o but in the evening...when the face is not swollen anymore ...they're back :|

Lol i wish my scars were gone in the morning..... I wake up, boxcar scars and ice pick scars are just as bad as ever. But I do see some scars a lot worse after a shower and particularly after cleansing.

My daughter's scars definitely get deeper throughout the day. I deliberately try to make her derm appointments as late in the day as possible so the derms see the scarring as pronounced as possible. At night her scars look the worst...especially as there is unnatural lighting being used at that time.

After about what time do you guys start to notice that your scars go back to looking normal? After how many hours when you wake up?

After about 1 hour. Also, when I apply my silicon sheets overnight, the skin looks completely smooth for about 15 minutes, then gradually returns to normal after some hours :\

I have noticed it to. I believe its due to sleeping on my face, the pillow absorbs/blots all the oils off my skin. So when I awake, my face is shine free. Acne scars don't look nearly as bad when they'r not shiny and oily. Before I had laser done on my acne scars, I could not even look at my scars mid-day when my face is very oily and the natural sunlight is reflecting off the scars.