Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thomas69

Need Help/advice

Here's an idea of what my skin looked like post-accutane 5 years ago

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=acne+red+marks&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1217&bih=599&tbm=isch&tbnid=OyXt3VgQnTIS2M:&imgrefurl=http://www.realself.com/question/red-marks-post-tca-cross&docid=EWhdIY9aq5NpgM&imgurl=http://www.realself.com/files/212463.jpg&w=600&h=800&ei=dPjjTtXiBajl0QGesqTMBQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=295&sig=101104847796470461563&page=1&tbnh=111&tbnw=97&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0&tx=49&ty=57

Today, it looks a lot better, but I still have faint, concentrated red marks and they frequently become redder after exercise, cold weather, and are more visible when I become paler in the winter months

Also, when I get a new pimple.. I typically leave it without using harsh products because I don't want to aggravate it. I aggravated my face a lot by washing with harsh soaps and it eventually got so bad that I had to go on accutane

So, yeah, when I get a new pimple, it takes a least a week to become flat, but the red mark remains

I have a feeling that I have some deficiency in my skin that causes this... I've been reading so many threads but nothing that just gives me a straight up answer. I've tried putting tea leaves on my face, lemon, etc. It doesn't do anything.

Does anyone have a similar condition? It's really annoying to have bright red marks that aren't even pimples on your face, and I don't know how to get rid of them. They just remain there for at least 6 months before fading slightly. Looking for advice, thanks

ive got the same thing buddy i have marks on my face more than 6 years old. Granted they have faded a bit over time but still visible discolorations. I know what you mean about them looking worse in winter months as the skin is less tanned theres more of a difference between the two shades so the marks are more apparent.

If you have any luck let me know buddy.

Thanks for the replies, gtturbo, looks like we're in the same boat.

Ugly skin disease - my skin is oily and dry... if that makes any sense. During the course of the day it's oily- I could grease the pan with it- yet if you look closely, there is dry skin in certain areas (maybe due to the winter months).

I heard something about the OTC "reversa"? Apply to areas with dry skin and spot areas? I'm looking for a spot treatment, because they're not pimples... they're red marks. I have fair skin so they're that much more visible.

Keep the comments coming!

Edited by thomas69