Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cervantes86

Ok So I Have No Clue What To Eat Now! Need Help

saywhat.gif ok, so according to this whole holistic, high GI index foods cause acne, plus dairy of course. so....that esentially eliminates 3 food groups, carbs, fruits and dairy.

but its really hard to do this diet since the only thing we can eat is meats and vegetables. is this even healthy?? how come the katyva ppl eat lots of carbs and their island has no acne. they also eat fruit. not only that, but i was thinking about, well what can i snack on then. so i was like oh well, nuts!! but now iam reading that nuts have a lot of omega 6 so now i cant eat that either. so basically this diet has been starving and losing mad weight without even helping my acne. i have been doing this for 2 months, till a week ago, where i was like fuck it, and ive been eating normal cause ive been starving!!

guys tell me what to eat!! i need help. do i buy everything organic and will this help. what do i eat for snacks. i know i cant eat a steack for snacks. so do i eat vegetables? ill start eating tomatoes for snacks, but is that also high GI too, and now i cant eat that? and who has had success with this anyways, and when did you starting seeing results, cause its been 2 months and i have seen nothing. i have tried diet before, and again i have seen nothing.

(Disclaimer - I am by nooo means one of the more learned people on here when it comes to diet and acne, but I will still try and give my two cents!)

First of all, though there are LOTS and LOTS of (often conflicting) ideas on this website (and all over!) about what to eat, what not to eat, what helps, what hurts,

it comes down to a personal thing. Every person is going to be different. Some things are widely true for most people - but even those don't apply to everyone; other things are so inherently personal that to try and convince another of its miraculous ways will only lead to disappointment and failure.

I know how you feel! When I first began swimming through the heaps of knowledge on here, I felt more upset than helped. What the hell was I supposed to do?!

What I settled on was knowledge my body had given me. I know that if I eat dairy, my body goes "uh... no." (and lo - my mother then casually mentioned that I had been lactose intolerant as a child! Well thanks for telling me, mum) I know that highly processed foods make me feel (and thus look) like hell. I know that lots of soy does not do me well, at all.

But that may not work for you.

Listen to your body. Obviously, the diet you were trying is not working for you - okay. I personally have never had an issue with fruits; in fact, my skin was at its absolute most amazing when I ate handfuls upon handfuls of blueberries a day (among many other fruits - I was working on a blueberry farm!). Similarly, though I don't gorge myself on nuts, they've never presented an issue, either.

Perhaps it would be worth your while to undertake a food allergy test? You can do that through bloodwork, and that may help you identify triggers.

DEFINITELY buy your meat organic, grass fed, free range. Without DOUBT. I would think buy everything organic - but meat is top of the list. If you don't buy it as such, you are ingesting so many hormones (not to mention the animals themselves are not at all healthy, what with their diet of mainly corn) ... that absolutely does not help the situation.

I also suggest going to an herbalist, nutritionalist, or naturopath - someone who is well versed in the way our systems interact and can possibly offer you some guidance. It's a big, wacky world out there in the acne cure realm without a guide of some variety.

And also - take a deep breath. Getting aggravated definitely won't help anything. Easier said than done, I am well aware, but still. :)

GOOD LUCK.

well thanks so much, even though you didnt give me an answer to the solution, your post sounds the most reasonable. iam tired of ppl claiming this and that, and sweating its the cure. i am gonna try to eat low gi foods and see what happens. i dont really know about the whole dairy thing honestly, it has made no different to me. its gonna be hard to find organic meat though...oh well.

There's a reeeeally long thread called "What really causes your acne" or somehting similar to that, started by the user Moonbase, it should be just a couple of posts below this topic. I found a lot of good info in that thread, from people who've read lots about nutrition (or at least say they have. it is the internet after all...)

But I just want to point out that carbs and foods with a high glycemic index are NOT the same thing. Carbs= Carbohydrates: buildig blocks of loads of foods. Glycemic index=GI= a way to measure how foods affect blood sugar levels. High GI = strong, instant effect; low GI= slower, more stable effect.

And Ukulala makes a great point: breahe and listen to your body!!

Try supplementing your diet with vitamin B5, zinc and omega3 fish oil. Don't cut out dairy, fruit and carbs! Unless you want to be malnourished of course. I have suffered from acne for 12 years and a month ago I started taking the above and my acne has vanished.

Just make every meal 80% vegetables (organic if you can help it) and 20% meat (unprocessed, fed natural diet, i.e. grass-fed). Snack on fruits here and there but be aware that citrus fruits in particular have a reputation for giving people problems on this forum. There's also green smoothies, which are very beneficial because once you liquefy veggies and fruits you increase their bio-availability. Same with things like garlic, ginger, etc. The more you chop them up and let them sit 20ish seconds before adding 'em to a meal the more active the enzymes found in them will be. Also try them in smoothies sometime. Personally, when I want a handful of something to snack on, I go for coconut flakes, cashews, or dark chocolate (or all of them mixed together for a type of trail mix). Also avocado makes a good snack, and fat source when taking supplements/before eating something sweet.

Try supplementing your diet with vitamin B5, zinc and omega3 fish oil. Don't cut out dairy, fruit and carbs! Unless you want to be malnourished of course. I have suffered from acne for 12 years and a month ago I started taking the above and my acne has vanished.

For meals, eat large amounts of meat and fat.

breakfast - 5 eggs, 3 pieces bacon (~700 calories)

lunch: 1/2lb beef, salad with olive oil dressing (700 calories)

dinner: chicken/fish and another salad (500 calories)

Thats 1900 calories right there, not including snacks. For extra, add sweet potatoes and potatoes and fruits.

Hope that rough sample diet helps a bit. It was hard for me to get calories at first, but I eat a lot of olive oil and coconut oil now on veggies and stuff. + a lot of meat

That is ridiculous. You will not be "malnourished" without dairy.

Wrong.

You can go your whole life without eating a single gram of carb (or extremely low-carb and have your only carb source come from leafy green veggies which have a negligible amount of carbs) and be just fine. Dairy is not essential to humans. Never has been and never will be. The only "milk" that humans were designed to drink is human breast milk (duh.)