Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Professional

How Severe Is My Acne? ;/

I've been told in the past that my acne is moderate, but I think it's rather severe, what do you guys think?

eAOcY.jpg

Edited by Professional

I really cannot see the pictures very well since there small but from what I can see it looks moderate too me .

Are you taking any antibiotics or topical creams ??

It's on the borderline of moderate to severe it doesn't really look that bad, I've seen worse. I have moderate acne as well and I can share with you what my skin regimen is and what foods to avoid too see if that's the root for causing your acne. Everyone is different.

I pretty much avoid wheat and dairy. Try avoiding those two for a while and see if it helps also make sure to eat lots of fruits and veggies. Drink water too(a lot)

I pretty much use a gentle face wash with AHA and BHA then I use salicylic pads 0.05% wipe all over my face then I use sunscreen SPF 45 then I moisturize with oil free non comodegenic. At night I use retinol on active spots. It's improved my acne a lot I only have like 6 active spots all I have left is the blemishes and the hyperpigmentations.

SO WHAT IS YOUR SKIN CARE REGIMEN?

Have you seen a derm

i think ur on the severe side, but ive seen worse.. have u seen a derm yet. acne wont go away by itself.

What is your current skin care regimen (list products, including hair)?

What is your diet like? List as many foods as you can think of that you consume in a week, drinks included

Fragrance-free detergent regularly used on bedsheets and pillowcases?

Supplements (browse the forum for recommendations if not)?

I would say severe. Get on the standard regimens posted here, if you clear it up to moderate maybe diet can help from there.

I wish you all the best with your acne.

Lol oh boy if you guys knew half the story of what I've experienced in acne...I've been on this forum for many years as you can see, but to give a general outline:

-Yes been on Dan's regimen, went from moderate acne to literally clear skin in months and maintained that way for years

-Stopped working slowly and by May 2011 I quit

-Tried various OTC products, BP washes, Salicylic pads from May-August, acne progressively got worse

-Visited a walk in clinic, got prescribed to doxy, the doctor had no idea what he was talking about and prescribed me 50mg once a day, did nothing, acne got worse

-Around October-November I did a nothing regimen and the only supplements I took was mass amounts of Vitamin A since I heard it is a derivative of Accutane, acne got worse

-Now am back on OTC 4% BP wash from Panoxyl, acne is as you can see in the picture.

Looking back at how my face was before quitting Dan's regimen, it was nothing like in these pictures, but the whole regimen is also a big hassle. I really did hate a big 30 minute skin process 2x a day.

As for diet I have no clue what to do, what causes breakouts? I'm generally eating the same things I've always eaten years ago. I don't drink dairy and I hardly consume wheat products.

Edited by Professional

Incorrect, Dan's regimen worked wonders for 2 years, then it progressively became worse. It was around when he switched the BP from pumps to tubes and he created that new moisturizer formula. I will never understand his reasoning behind that...

Hey man, I've seen much worse :) What do you eat on a day to day basis? Ever since my diet changed I've seen quite the changes in the severity of my breakouts. In the morning and night I would drink lemon water (half a lemon in each session), my breakfast and dinner would consist of three to four cloves of garlic and a lot of onions (doesn't really do much I believe but healthy none the less), tea throughout the day and water. In the morning and night I would apply a warm/hot cloth onto my face for about ten minutes, proceed with cleanser then I would rub something cold onto my face to close my pores. I strongly suggest you do something along those lines! Also, ACV is your best friend, look it up!

Lol oh boy if you guys knew half the story of what I've experienced in acne...I've been on this forum for many years as you can see, but to give a general outline:

-Yes been on Dan's regimen, went from moderate acne to literally clear skin in months and maintained that way for years

-Stopped working slowly and by May 2011 I quit

-Tried various OTC products, BP washes, Salicylic pads from May-August, acne progressively got worse

-Visited a walk in clinic, got prescribed to doxy, the doctor had no idea what he was talking about and prescribed me 50mg once a day, did nothing, acne got worse

-Around October-November I did a nothing regimen and the only supplements I took was mass amounts of Vitamin A since I heard it is a derivative of Accutane, acne got worse

-Now am back on OTC 4% BP wash from Panoxyl, acne is as you can see in the picture.

Looking back at how my face was before quitting Dan's regimen, it was nothing like in these pictures, but the whole regimen is also a big hassle. I really did hate a big 30 minute skin process 2x a day.

As for diet I have no clue what to do, what causes breakouts? I'm generally eating the same things I've always eaten years ago. I don't drink dairy and I hardly consume wheat products.

It looks severe to me. It's possibly a combination of internal problems and overwashing/ overtreating your skin.

So you were on doxy for only 1,5 months? That's not long enough. You need to get professional help, possibly back on antibiotics again. If you're not happy with your previous derm, see another one. Your acne isn't the usual acne you see here on acne.org and not something you can fix just by changing your facial wash or something.

Incorrect, Dan's regimen worked wonders for 2 years, then it progressively became worse. It was around when he switched the BP from pumps to tubes and he created that new moisturizer formula. I will never understand his reasoning behind that...

maybe the moisturizer broke you out ? huh.png

not saying you have this but did you ever look up candida or the candida diet. have you ever taken pro biotics. i started about 2 months ago, had moderate acne cysts, pustules etc....., and today i do not have ANY acne on my face just a few marks that are healing quickly.

I agree. It looks like you might possibly have some bacterial or fungal disease. Research and try different things and diets, and don't give up. Hopefully you can find what is causing your acne.

I don't know what severe is if this isn't it :( It's definitely more on severe side, as I can see cysts and stuff. I believe Dan's moisturizer caused cysts too. I didn't have them after I was on accutane, but when I started the regimen I slowly started to get cysts.

Like others above, you should see a derm and not just do nothing. Where do you live? Cause if you're in Southern California I can recommend a WONDERFUL dermatologist. Your acne won't take care of itself. It honestly looks like your allergic to something. I would also suggest seeing an allergist, because this way they test anything from foods, to herbs, to animals, to chemicals, etc. and it can show what you're allergic too. Have you considered accutane?

I'm sorry bro you need to go through this. There's light at the end of the tunnel!!!

anyone saying moderate is an idiot...mine wasnt even close to this level and i took accutane.. it is definitely severe

anyone saying moderate is an idiot...mine wasnt even close to this level and i took accutane.. it is definitely severe

that doesn't mean anything. Some derms will give accutane JUST for oily skin.

but yeah I would say its severe. You should really see a derm as fast as you can. In a case like your I don't know how much good home treatments will do, you may need the big guns. Just hang in there

Edited by Chris1337

I would say severe, but there's definitely people who are worse off. Your acne looks like the kind

that could be really helped with diet. What kind of diet are you on currently?

I would say its severe. It looks like you have cystic acne, and that's the most severe form you can have. About two years ago, I had maybe 5 small little pimples in my chin area (always) so I went to the dermatologist, and he rated my acne moderate (said he rated it a 3? idk what that means) but he cleared my face completely and I didn't need anything for over two years( i don't have cystic acne, but I would get one or two cysts a year, and this completely stopped for almost 2 years ). So seriously go see a dermatologist! They can help you much better than we can.

this is like the the lowest degree in severe acne. You have cysts, which will leave scars on your face.

You should consider an isotretinoin treatment. Otherwise, you'll have to face acne scarring in your adult years (like me )

Good luck

I used to have acne before but it mostly gone and this is my natural skincare routine that i used to treat my acne and blemishes I hope this may help smile.png

Morning + Night

1. Cleasing methods

Morning + night - honey and apple cider vinegar

Night - scrub ( honey+brown sugar+olive oil or grape seeds oil ) must be very gently when scrub your face, I do 3times per week

2. Toning (mixing apple cider vinegar + green tea ) you can also apply apple cider vinegar direct to the pimple at night and leave it til you wake up

3. Apply Aloe Vera Gel to the whole face that will help to calm your redness and dry the acne

4. Apply Tea Tree oil to the acne

6. Moisturize with oils (mixing these oils together and apply to your face included : jojoba oil + rose hip oil + emu oil ) 2-3 drops only

Its not as quick as other acne treatment products but if you're patient and follow these steps it will work, I'm not sure if it will work for you but it did work really well for me, I'm using this skincare routine for about 2 months and now my skin is very clear and glowing, likes most of the products out there when first time you using this it may break out a little bit but after 2-3 weeks it will stop and work really well.

Good luck ;)

Edited by Victoria Truong