Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
19drei19

Who Else Is Breaking Out At Month 2?

i started october 12 im 17 asian taking 10mg a day had a huge breakout last year that caused me to stop school for a year its just this year that i decided to use accutane because i still have acne breakouts and have really oily skin and the hyperpigmentation is still there,,,

i smoke and drink i dont know if that really cause acne but i dont smoke and drink regularly i just do it once a week or socially,in month 1 its okay losing oily skin is a big plus for me i dont have to wake up in the morning looking for my tissue to wipe of oil,

i notice in the morning my face looks better and after i take a shower my acne gets redder as well as my face,i recently stopped taking a bath with warm water instead i just shower with cold

i have cortisone shots whenever i visit my derm but last month i skipped but i think ill have it next week,

this just saddens me but i guess its getting better cause my hyperpigmentation is fading but sad thing though i get breakouts again and if i mean breakouts i mean cyst i dont cry over stupid small whiteheads its just f*cking overacting i would rather have dozens of whiteheads than to have cyst

anyways i try to be positive everyday and hoping the last few months will get better

this isnt a log but feel free to comment

i have like 10 cyst right now :D

Edited by 19drei19

I broke out during my second month too. I think most people start to see real improvement in months 3 and 4, so don't lose hope!

I'm also Asian, so I can fully sympathize with your hyperpigmentation woes. I'm a girl but I refuse to wear makeup (both because it clogs my existing pores and because I don't like the idea of dealing with my insecurities by hiding them away), so I feel very self-conscious about my appearance most of the time.

Good on you for being positive, and good luck with the Accutane!

I broke out during my second month too. I think most people start to see real improvement in months 3 and 4, so don't lose hope!

I'm also Asian, so I can fully sympathize with your hyperpigmentation woes. I'm a girl but I refuse to wear makeup (both because it clogs my existing pores and because I don't like the idea of dealing with my insecurities by hiding them away), so I feel very self-conscious about my appearance most of the time.

so are you finished with your course?can you tell me a little about yourself and your accutane course please :),

and oh i only have 6 now the 4 gotten smaller,i hate hyperpigmentation lol

so are you finished with your course?can you tell me a little about yourself and your accutane course please smile.png,

and oh i only have 6 now the 4 gotten smaller,i hate hyperpigmentation lol

My log is here though it's a bit wordy, so I'll just recap here in case you don't feel like reading too much text.

I'm not even finished my second month, unfortunately - I'm actually taking a week-long Accutane hiatus right now because the higher dosage my derma put me on during my second month had some pretty serious side effects, but I go back on 40mg tomorrow. However, Accutane did clear up at least 40% of my acne by the end of my first month, though my second month was a lot slower - I think I only got about 10% better since the end of the first. I have a really rare form of acne called rosacea fulminans. Like my log title says, I'm 22 years old and female.

The hyperpigmentation is the worst, and I've got a couple of shallow scars as well. I definitely have to look into treatments once my course is over.

i started october 12 im 17 asian taking 10mg a day had a huge breakout last year that caused me to stop school for a year its just this year that i decided to use accutane because i still have acne breakouts and have really oily skin and the hyperpigmentation is still there,,,

i smoke and drink i dont know if that really cause acne but i dont smoke and drink regularly i just do it once a week or socially,in month 1 its okay losing oily skin is a big plus for me i dont have to wake up in the morning looking for my tissue to wipe of oil,

i notice in the morning my face looks better and after i take a shower my acne gets redder as well as my face,i recently stopped taking a bath with warm water instead i just shower with cold

i have cortisone shots whenever i visit my derm but last month i skipped but i think ill have it next week,

this just saddens me but i guess its getting better cause my hyperpigmentation is fading but sad thing though i get breakouts again and if i mean breakouts i mean cyst i dont cry over stupid small whiteheads its just f*cking overacting i would rather have dozens of whiteheads than to have cyst

anyways i try to be positive everyday and hoping the last few months will get better

this isnt a log but feel free to comment

i have like 10 cyst right now biggrin.png

I started the day before you - October 11. I was at 20mg for ten days and then I got bumped up to 40mg, which has been my dose since...

I am currently breaking out for real! It looks like Accutane never really helped...

The thinning of my skin is quite visible though as I peel like crazy and heal slooooowly - and that's the worst part!

Besides from that my hyperpigmentation AND scars are more visible than ever...eusa_liar.gif

Oh, sometimes I just hate those little pills...

My log is here though it's a bit wordy, so I'll just recap here in case you don't feel like reading too much text.

I'm not even finished my second month, unfortunately - I'm actually taking a week-long Accutane hiatus right now because the higher dosage my derma put me on during my second month had some pretty serious side effects, but I go back on 40mg tomorrow. However, Accutane did clear up at least 40% of my acne by the end of my first month, though my second month was a lot slower - I think I only got about 10% better since the end of the first. I have a really rare form of acne called rosacea fulminans. Like my log title says, I'm 22 years old and female.

The hyperpigmentation is the worst, and I've got a couple of shallow scars as well. I definitely have to look into treatments once my course is over.

wow i have rosacea too i dont know if it is rosacea but my face gets all red i dont know if the topical treatment made my face like this,anyways i still use topical treatments as my derm suggested maybe because im only taking 10mg thats why shes allowing me still to take topicals,the azelaic acid is definitely helping fade the hyperpigmentation,

I started the day before you - October 11. I was at 20mg for ten days and then I got bumped up to 40mg, which has been my dose since...I am currently breaking out for real! It looks like Accutane never really helped...

The thinning of my skin is quite visible though as I peel like crazy and heal slooooowly - and that's the worst part!

Besides from that my hyperpigmentation AND scars are more visible than ever...eusa_liar.gif

my scars isnt visible except if im at a right angle with the light its not visible now because the hyperpigmentation is hiding it,,are you still breaking out cyst?or just small acne cause mine is serious cyst but some of it is getting smaller now i think i still have 6 right now im going to get it shot on saturday

I started the day before you - October 11. I was at 20mg for ten days and then I got bumped up to 40mg, which has been my dose since...I am currently breaking out for real! It looks like Accutane never really helped...

my scars isnt visible except if im at a right angle with the light its not visible now because the hyperpigmentation is hiding it,,are you still breaking out cyst?or just small acne cause mine is serious cyst but some of it is getting smaller now i think i still have 6 right now im going to get it shot on saturday

Yeah, I'm still breaking out big time :( In cysts AND pimples. Probably about the same amount of cysts as before Accutane - but with more pimples joining the party...huh.png

I am breaking out as well...

I'm on month 3...day 2 possibly??? (started on oct.4)

But don't worry best results are months3/4

I think I might have just had my last breakout, it seems like the tane wanted to destroy my face first off...I got an IB on my forehead, then by my ears/cheeks then it moved onto closer to my mouth (yay....) and to the front of my face and chin. I haven't really gotten any new zits except for 1 on my jawline in the past 2 days which is a huge improvment.

I now have hyperpigmentation and scarring. Although the scars are very shallow so i think once I get off tane my skin will plump up and fill out the scars.

Stay positive, its a long journey but worth it in the end <3

Hey, I really empathize with your struggle! I posted last week with the same frustration. Tomorrow will be day 60. Starting in week 2, I have been breaking out much worse than I did before I took accutane. I would guess that I have 2-3 times more spots than usual. It's also been strange because the spots have been across my neck and I have never had neck acne previously. Normally, my cheeks and jawline breakout but my neck is clear. Initially, I wrote it off to the dreaded IB but I'm getting nervous that it may continue indefinately. I think most people see the biggest change in month three, I hope that you will find that to be true as well! I know how bad it sucks and hope that you can stay positive through it all.

Hey, I really empathize with your struggle! I posted last week with the same frustration. Tomorrow will be day 60. Starting in week 2, I have been breaking out much worse than I did before I took accutane. I would guess that I have 2-3 times more spots than usual. It's also been strange because the spots have been across my neck and I have never had neck acne previously. Normally, my cheeks and jawline breakout but my neck is clear. Initially, I wrote it off to the dreaded IB but I'm getting nervous that it may continue indefinately. I think most people see the biggest change in month three, I hope that you will find that to be true as well! I know how bad it sucks and hope that you can stay positive through it all.
okay ill be in my 60th day on accutane on december 12 so youre just like 6 days ahead of me can you update me with your progress after month 3?and yes i see some videos that their face gets worse even before accutane but got cleared at the end hope it goes the same for us!!!
A second month breakout seems fairly common.

yes but im 60 days already on accutane do you consider it the end of month 2 or the start of month 3?to make it clearer what do you call 60 days on accutane month 2 or is it month 3?lol im kinda confused myself

I am breaking out as well...

I'm on month 3...day 2 possibly??? (started on oct.4)

But don't worry best results are months3/4

I think I might have just had my last breakout, it seems like the tane wanted to destroy my face first off...I got an IB on my forehead, then by my ears/cheeks then it moved onto closer to my mouth (yay....) and to the front of my face and chin. I haven't really gotten any new zits except for 1 on my jawline in the past 2 days which is a huge improvment.

I now have hyperpigmentation and scarring. Although the scars are very shallow so i think once I get off tane my skin will plump up and fill out the scars.

Stay positive, its a long journey but worth it in

yes ill try to stay positive even if i have like 6 cyst i could handle your situation with no sweat you only have like what 2 acne?ill even consider that clear,

Yeah, I'm still breaking out big time sad.png In cysts AND pimples. Probably about the same amount of cysts as before Accutane - but with more pimples joining the party...huh.png

well i guess youll be in the same boat as me XD,lets pray that it will end soon cause i really need to hang out with my friends! lol

hey guys i m also on tane i am 17 and i m also an asian belongs to india i think i had same acne as like u .i m also on tane . 20mg pet day. i am also on my 10 week of tane. i start treatment on 7th oct. but i dont seen much improvement. i have severe cystic acne. i had almost 10 cyst in which 6 are very noticable and big red bump.i dont know about shots u mantioned in ur post. does these shots leave scars? does cysts are noticable after a shot?is these shots are expenssive? i took antibiotic with accutane .my derm told me to do this . does these cysts always cause permanant scars . please keep posted.

hey guys i m also on tane i am 17 and i m also an asian belongs to india i think i had same acne as like u .i m also on tane . 20mg pet day. i am also on my 10 week of tane. i start treatment on 7th oct. but i dont seen much improvement. i have severe cystic acne. i had almost 10 cyst in which 6 are very noticable and big red bump.i dont know about shots u mantioned in ur post. does these shots leave scars? does cysts are noticable after a shot?is these shots are expenssive? i took antibiotic with accutane .my derm told me to do this . does these cysts always cause permanant scars . please keep posted.

hey welcome to the site!!

anyways ill answer all your questions,,the cortisone shots you can search for the details here in this site,they will inject something in the cyst that will disappear in a matter of 12 hours or 24 hours it isnt that much expensive i think pimple treatments are more expensive,well in my experience i dont know i dont really cared about the scars before i just wanted to be clear,,but the shots i get never left a scar but sometimes it leaves a red mark(hyperpigmentation) it depends on how swollen your cyst is,,,sometimes though if they gave you a shot it becomes unsuccessful like after the shot a week later the cyst will return but its rare though but i have experienced this,,,,, keep yourself updated here and i will too,currently i dont have cyst because of the shots but i have pimples,,

i hope month 3 would work for all of us breaking out at month 2

hey man thanks for the information but the problem is that i m 20mg on tane.i m 55kg or less. does it is sufficient. i hears that most of people those suffers from acne mostly on higher dose of tane around 80 mg or more. but i m on very low dose.does it will works for me i has big cysts. i think it will take a very long time to get cure what do u think?

Im on 80mg a day. Im on month 2. 3 more days and im done with month 2. All of my previous actives go down and more ones form before the old ones from breakouts heal, it sucks. Can anyone tell me if their scars look worse or red marks look like they are indentions more?

hey man thanks for the information but the problem is that i m 20mg on tane.i m 55kg or less. does it is sufficient. i hears that most of people those suffers from acne mostly on higher dose of tane around 80 mg or more. but i m on very low dose.does it will works for me i has big cysts. i think it will take a very long time to get cure what do u think?

i dont think so because me im only on 10mg but doc still didnt up my dose so youre still pretty luck,,how high will your dose be at the last months

Im on 80mg a day. Im on month 2. 3 more days and im done with month 2. All of my previous actives go down and more ones form before the old ones from breakouts heal, it sucks. Can anyone tell me if their scars look worse or red marks look like they are indentions more?

lucky for you its working,,hmm well no i notice nothing happen when i get the shot,sometimes they just go flat and leaves a mark,,,can you tell me more about you?

I am almost 2 months down and my face is CRAZY. looks like a have a red mask of pimples blending into each other.

The only improvement since the first week is my nose as its nice and smooth and soft. My forehead is feeling like its going to clear up before the rest but tane has made my acne so much worse than when i started. I hope the breakouts stop and give my face a chance to start drying out the pimples and healing

I am almost 2 months down and my face is CRAZY. looks like a have a red mask of pimples blending into each other.

The only improvement since the first week is my nose as its nice and smooth and soft. My forehead is feeling like its going to clear up before the rest but tane has made my acne so much worse than when i started. I hope the breakouts stop and give my face a chance to start drying out the pimples and healing

hey im so sorry but i feel the same way as you,do you visit your derm?if so i think cortison shots will help if you can bare with the pain i have red mark and i have 2 acne on my right side cheek i have like 3 cyst right now but the hyperpigmentation makes my face looks worse,,,,,i hope both of us will have success on the 5th month i think thats the lucky month for most of us,just keep up the faith and keep me updated