Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sheepdog

How Long For Liver To Detox From The Synthetic Vit A?

I'm about 7 months removed from taking 40mg tane. I took 20mg for 3 months then 40mg for four months. This was my second treatment.

My first treatment i was on 20mg for 8 months then 80mg for one month then 40mg for two months.

During my first treatment my cholesterol was too high to go over 20mg but the success was great. I was cleared up quickly. Second treatment, same scenario. Derm wouldn't go over 40mg this time though.

The reason I ask is because I started breaking out again after both treatments around four months afterwards. But since the tane worked so well on just 20mg i thought I would try natural Vit A supplement.

So far I am having great success taking 8,000 IU Vit A daily and eating about 20 apricots a day. I was wondering if there might be some residual tane in the liver that might be causing or contributing to this great success?

Also, about how much synthetic Vit A does 20mg of tane contain? 20mg of tane= ?,000 IU of Vit A?

Thanks for any info.