Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
itsmedeano

Is There Something Wrong With My Regime?

Hey guys,

So, i'm 17 years old and i've been battling acne or quite some time, around about 3 odd years, with no real way of solving my problems. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong with my regime, but something isn't working. Would anyone be able to help? (I only use Retin-A every other night because my face is really really really flakey and dry, so i've pulled the usage down to see if I can help that... so far no good has come from it).

MORNING:

- Wash face with warm water

- Apply "Oxy Daily Anti-Spot Face Wash"

- Dry face with clean towel. Patting, not rubbing.

- Apply Simple Anti-Blemish Moisturiser

NIGHT:

- Wash face with warm water

- Apply "Oxy Daily Anti-Spot Face Wash"

- Dry face with clean towel.

- Wait 20 minutes for my face to dry.

- Apply Retin-A 0.01% (every other night), if on the other night, I apply the Simple Anti-Blemish Moisturiser.

I've really had it with acne, i've been in LOADS of topical stuff and anti-biotics, it just feels like nothing works. Is there any products you can recommend which is available in the UK without prescription? Thanks again guys.

how long have you been doing this? normally you would have to wait 2-3 months to see if somethings actually working, theres no overnight cure for acne, so you have to wait a long time to see significant improvement

how long have you been doing this? normally you would have to wait 2-3 months to see if somethings actually working, theres no overnight cure for acne, so you have to wait a long time to see significant improvement

I've been doing this for around a month and a half, however i've been on Retin-A for quite some time, around almost a year now.

hmmm... then maybe try using the Retin-A every night? and just use a really small amount and work up to it? gotta be careful though, dry flaky skin is as bad as acne D:

i would either do that or switch to a different treatment

hmmm... then maybe try using the Retin-A every night? and just use a really small amount and work up to it? gotta be careful though, dry flaky skin is as bad as acne D:

Yeah agreed, thaats what your doing wrong, do it every night and start with a small amount then as the days go by increase the amount

Yeah agreed, thaats what your doing wrong, do it every night and start with a small amount then as the days go by increase the amount

I actually have been using it every night, for the past 4 odd months, however I downed the usage on it because of the amount my skin is red and really dry. I'll try going on for another week or two, and if things haven't improved i'll up it again I guess.