Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LiveLaughFart

Gym Peoplee In Here?

Do you breakout when you get sweaty from working out at the gym?

I am wondering if working out will have an effect on acne because I'm craving a gym workout to get out all my frustration.

Search this board linking terms like "exercise" and "acne" because there's been an ongoing debate about the pros and cons of exercise for acne.

I personally think frequent exercise is good. I usually shower and wash my face immediately after just to minimize the amount of time sweat stays on my body.

I teach spin 6x/week. Sweat has never broken me out. I try to shower asap. I also blot (not rub) my face with a towel throughout the workout to minimize sweat and bacteria sitting on top of my skin. I personally think working out helps acne as it reduces stress.

Sweat can cause a type, of acne, but not the acne you and I recognize from a crappy lifestyle.

It's also a horrible reason to avoid exercise. It's also not common. Unless you let the sweat just dry on your skin, it's probably not going to appear. Keep a hand towel handy.

I have never broken out from sweating, I normally go swimming straight after it and that doesn't break me out either so I wouldn't worry about it

I find that going in the sauna after exercise helps my skin too as long as I don't stay in there too long smile.png

thankss...It's because I noticed I got weird body pimples on weird parts of my body, like my behind, thigh, calf, upper back, upper arms

and it happened right when i started working out. I had bacne alonnnnng time ago but got rid of it with salicic(sp?) acid spray, and now I have it again but, it has slowly gone away since stopping going to the gym.

I'm afraid if i workout again I will get it again. Or maybe i just got the weird body breakouts because of what i ws eating at the time, which wasn't healthy unfortunately :(

I'm just going to workout tonight because it's really funny to see all the first day gym go-ers feeling guilty of what they ate of thx giving haha