Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kek

Huge Zit/cyst For Months.. [Picture]

Hey, I'm fairly new to this site, and I am looking for some help with a huge zit/cyst that I've had for the last ~3months, located right between my eyebrows.

It started off as a small pimple, and then disappeared for a while, and came back later to just grow into this huge zit (this was back in august this year), and now It's been there since, It has popped a couple of times on it's own, as i tend to never touch zits, and it takes barely a week or two to fill up again.

It's really been frustrating for me, as I have never really had a acne problem before. Only time I've had zits before was the ones we all get, at puberty, around 13-14~ years of age. After that it has been non-existant really, just one or two every couple of months, fading away quicker than they show up. It has come to the point where I'm starting to feel my confidence is spiraling down.

I have always been aware of my health and always keep my face clean and fresh, even though I've never had problems with acne. As the zits that have occured from time to time have disappeared naturally, I thought this one would do the same, which it obviously didn't. So last week i went to a doctor, and all they did was prescribe me some antibiotics (Tetracycline/Tetralysal) and a gel (Differin). I feel very insecure in using these over-the-counter items. And when i read up on both, they seem to do nothing at all for the majority of people, just making the break-outs worse afterwards.

What should I do?!

post-162791-0-61245100-1322084301.jpg

post-162791-0-61245100-1322084301.jpg

You should get a cortisone shot. It will bring the cyst down, I had a cyst on my cheek for two months and it never went away that I begged my derm to inject it . A few days letter like 2 days is say the cyst was flat . Hasn't returned since

Thanks for the quick answer!

I will read up more on cortisone shots, and then go beg some!

This has to disappear.

I went to my dermatologist and my derm charged me 60$ for the injection. It didn't leave a scar just the hyperpigmentation that faded away eventually. I'm pretty sure you can get a cortisone shot at any dermatologist office .

Good luck :D and don't let acne bring you down, you can fight it and win against me ;)

* win against it ;)