Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vidvan

Diagnosed With Rosacea (Pictures)

Ok... A few months back I was Officially diagnosed with Rosacea, not that I'm surprised. After the crap Dermotoligist handed me some info which I've known for the past 2 years he sent me on my way. So now I'm back to square one. My Rosacea doesn't generally flare up at all, it's just always red. The texture is quite bad and I always have dark circles around the eyes.. Can anyone give me some advice?

Heres some pics.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4058/photo1bbj.jpg

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8154/photonid.jpg

Honestly, you look fine, man. Maybe browse over some bad cystic acne pictures online to make yourself feel better. Sorry if thats not the answer you were looking for

That's not anything like the textbook Rosacea I've seen. Your skin looks great! No joke. My last derm appointment they tried to say I have Rosacea too and I know I don't. Isn't it annoying to pay $$$ to see an "expert" in the field of skin that you feel knows less than you? It makes me want to scream. Anyways, rant over. I found some great redness reducing moisturizer at Rite Aid. It's Eucerin's redness relief. It's spendy, about $15 but it has made a big difference for me.

no flushing, no bumps, no broken caps, normal amount of redness (from what the pic shows)

im not sure what symptoms you have that qualify a rosacea diagnosis

Well, if you really do have rosacea, finacea is the prescription that is used. I don't have rosacea, but suffer from unevened skin tone, red marks, and light/mild acne. I've been using finacea since early October, and am 98% clear 95% of the time. My skin has also gotten much lighter (I have fair skin anyway) and the redness and bumps have almost all gone away. Finacea is expensive (in the US I pay $160 a tube) but it is finally something I can use where there was no initial breakout or adverse side effects.