Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

Coconut Oil And Oily Face?

Does anyone else get an oily face from eating coconut oil? Ive not really eaten fats for quite a while but im trying to get my digestion better so i have started to try and include them in my diet again. I had around a teaspoon of coconut oil last night and my face has been oily since then, i keep having to splash my face with water to try to clear it but it just comes back. Could just a teaspoon of coconut oil really make my face oily for over a day? I would like to keep trying it and other fats in my diet but if there going to do this to my face then i guess there isnt much point.

For the record, water doesn't dissolve oil, so just washing your face isn't going to do anything.

I'm not exactly an expert on this subject, but maybe you're using too much of it? What meals are you taking it with?

I doubt it's contributing to your oily skin. Even if you had several tablespoons of the stuff, I'd be hesitant to believe it made your skin oily.

It's very likely something else but everyone is different. Sebum is partially made of fat, so it's possible an increase in fats would make it more oily but not by much.

I tried to stick with the coconut oil and i didn't notice the oily face from it as much anymore. I have been breaking out though so just checking can it cause initial breakouts when first starting with it?

I have read on one site that coconut oil is a healing food and it can cause detox reactions. I have had digestion problems for a couple of years now (bloating, constipation etc) but the acne hasn't been terrible. Then as soon as i start the coconut oil to see if it can help with my digestion i start getting acne in places i havn't for ages. Ive started on the coconut oil pretty heavy and had a fair bit each day since i started so maybe it is due to a detox? If i do continue with it i shall start by only small amounts at first.