Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So just a question I wasn't too sure where to post this either. So I've got most of my cystic acne under control, I've got a couple lurkers hanging about but nothing too severe. I was just wondering if I should be applying BP all over my face or in only that general area. I don't really tend to breakout on any other part of my face other than my jawline and a couple of small spots on my cheeks which seem to clear up without much help. I've only been applying BP along my jawline.

Are you on Dans regimen? because im on the his regimen and i asked a very similar question and this person answered it very well!

Like everyone else is saying, BP is preventative. However if you know you absolutely don't get acne in certain places (like I've only had 1 nose pimple in my entire life), then you don't have to apply BP there.

My suggestion, though, is to use BP all over your face for the first few weeks, then stop using it on places you don't get acne. This is because your skin purges after starting the Regimen, and you'll get acne in places you usually don't (under the jawline, on the forehead, on the part of your face next to your eyes..), it's kinda weird but if you use BP everywhere until you're done purging then start using it only where needed it works out best.

Source: I did this myself. Used full BP until I was completely clear then cut down to 1/2 dose and use it only where needed.