Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gbl

Laviv

recell is spray on skin. to ensure rapid healing, and the return of proper texture and pigmentation to an area that has been burned, scarred or is hypo- or hyper-pigmented as a result of injury or disease. it's applied onto a wounds surface & enables the delivery of keratinocytes, melanocytes, & fibroblasts. The process can be done on the spot, and takes 20-30 minutes to prepare.

" The suspension of healthy, activated cells is then sprayed onto the wound area or region of skin to be treated. Once sprayed onto the affected area, the patient's healthy cells enter into a phase of rapid growth, proliferation and migration, rapidly covering the affected area and reconstructing a 'new' skin that matches the surrounding tissue in texture and colour. That is, ReCell allows the regeneration of an entirely new sheet of healthy and unblemished skin which is rapidly grown over the wound using the patient's own skin cells collected in the small biopsy. "

Laviv is a bit different.The process takes about 90 days. It's taking a biopsy from behind your ear, and replicating your cells in a lab for re injection. You get 3 injections a few weeks apart. I'm not sure that Laviv will do anything for color. But hopefully it could thicken the dermis.

Neither of these can be compared to a filler. You are not filling anything, you are just making an environment for your skin to heal and regenerate itself. This is why it is preferred, because whatever improvements you do get will be permanent. I think the only way it would be temporary is if you were treating a wrinkle, and over time you will continue to age and obviously nothing will prevent that.

The best we can do is try what is available and share experiences. These are all fairly new and so hopefully in time we will hear more about both procedures.

Edited by Nightlilly89

nightlily- what im asking is not, what is the process, but what makes the solution applied/injected differ between Recell and LaViv. I know recell isnt designed to be injected- but mine was. Obviously a different type of cell must be harvested as recell doesnt take 3 months to cultivate. So if Recell is keratinocytes, melanocytes, & fibroblasts.What is it in Laviv? A different type of fibroblast? Im pretty interested in this for the final 'filling in' of my scar but i havent found anywhere in scotland/Uk who does it yet.

you can search under "Isolagen" on these boards and you'll find some very long threads of people who had it done, mainly in the UK. Then isolagen pulled out of that market. There were some people who didn't get good results with it, I guess some people didn't respond at all for wrinkles. I think for acne scars you will get the standard 30% improvement if lucky, but you won't have the longer down time that comes with laser. La Viv is isolagen, just renamed after FDA approval. I'm not sure exactly how it differs from recell but they do sound similar.

you can search under "Isolagen" on these boards and you'll find some very long threads of people who had it done, mainly in the UK. Then isolagen pulled out of that market. There were some people who didn't get good results with it, I guess some people didn't respond at all for wrinkles. I think for acne scars you will get the standard 30% improvement if lucky, but you won't have the longer down time that comes with laser. La Viv is isolagen, just renamed after FDA approval. I'm not sure exactly how it differs from recell but they do sound similar.

I think that's exactly right. Some people got great results from the Isolagen and were very happy and many others were very unhappy because they didn't get any results and wanted to sue after having spent a lot of money. At least from the reviews I read some time ago.

With the current LAVIV results it looks like the same thing:

"According to the study results, a statistically significant higher percentage of subjects responded to treatment with LAVIV than with placebo, as rated by both the study investigators (58.7% vs. 42.2%; p=0.016) and patients (43.1% vs. 18.3%; p=0.000011) at the final assessment."

58.7% responded to treatment versus 42.2% responding to a placebo treatment? That's not very many people. But I guess those are the photos we get to see. It's rather depressing to spend that much money and hope you're one of the few to get results. But apparently that's the same with all the acne scar treatments. They work extremely well for a small percentage of people, work somewhat well for a lot of people, and don't work at all for the unlucky ones.

also i think people have different expectations of what is a success. Some people would be pleased with any improvment at all. for others nothing less than perfectly unblemished skin could be classed as a result.

im surprised the placebo worked so well!

You know why the placebo probably worked so well? The injection themselves caused some swelling and maybe it was just like needling produces a little collagen to their wrinkles! That study was probably just on the laugh lines. I wonder if acne scars have that high of a success rate.

yeah it shouldnt really be called a placebo, it should have been Laviv vs needling

anyway, anyone know any laviv clinics in UK/scotland?

That news video is unbelievable! When will we see this being used to treat acne scars in the US? This seems like it could be the definitive answer for all types of scarring including acne.

Edited by betterliving

"According to the study results, a statistically significant higher percentage of subjects responded to treatment with LAVIV than with placebo, as rated by both the study investigators (58.7% vs. 42.2%; p=0.016) and patients (43.1% vs. 18.3%; p=0.000011) at the final assessment."

Going by that news report it seems like the response would be much higher than that. Regardless, I have hope for this treatment.

So laviv looks like it will be released this year right? Also I was thinking, in the uk one of the reasons why it didn't do well is the technique the doctors used for it, as they had to subcision the scar, then inject it, which they didn't do. I was thinking that maybe laviv does nothing and it's just the subcision that's doing the work? What do you guys think? Also that video of the bombing victim, they had one photo graph of her and she had make up on, which really doesn't give us anything.

http://www.mylaviv.c...ting-laviv.aspx

on their site, they have physicians listed in the u.s. There is a doctor near where I live...interesting...I would if they would do it for scars....It clearly states on their website that is for wrinkles though.

It hasn't been approved yet for acne scarring, but it seems likely to be approved very soon. Apparently a few doctors are already using it for scars.

they will do it off label for scarring. I called one doctor's office in St. Louis today that is listed on the list of providers. I just wanted to know the cost and if they had done it for scars. The secretary had never heard of it and asked me if it was laser, LOL. I said his name is listed on the providers on the website. She said she would have to have him call me later as she didn't have any listing for price. Who knows maybe he would give a good discount if I was his first patient. But then who knows if I would get results with someone inexperienced.

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER, I JUST GOT THIS EMAIL FROM RAPPAPORT

Dr Rapaports Cosmetic Dermatology Newsletter

===== Cosmetic Skin & Surgery Center =====

**** http://www.cosmeticskin.com ******

Dr. Jeffrey Rapaport of Cosmetic Skin & Surgery Center in Englewood Cliffs,

New Jersey and the developer of “Multi-Lift” acne scar treatment is proud to

be one of the first practices in the state to introduce LaViv®, a revolutionary

approach to smoothing wrinkles and fading acne related scars. LaViv uses

your body’s own cells called autologous cells to rejuvenate your skin, creating

new collagen and boosting the scar-healing process. This means no allergic

reaction risk, no injection of foreign substances, and best of all, fewer

treatments necessary to achieve your desired look - one that can last

significantly longer than other injectable fillers.

LaViv Combinational Acne Scar Treatment

LaViv has many other uses than the single FDA approved indication of injection

into the nasolabial folds. During development of the product several of the

investigators noticed a market improvement in acne scars. The proposed

mechanism is that the fibroblastic activity re-contours the existing matrix of

scar tissue.

Dr. Rapaport believes that by combining LaViv and a physical modality to

break the scar teathers, such as subscision, a significant improvement can be

made in even the most difficult cases. Three injections and concomitant

subscisions are required and usually done at a monthly interval.

Improvements usually take a couple of months and are gradual.

LaViv Treatments

The Laviv process is simple. During your consultation Dr. Rapaport will

determine how you will best benefit from LaViv Combinational Acne Scar

Treatment. Dr. Rapaport will take a small sample of cells from behind your

ear, and use the Fibrocell process to create new, pure, cells called fibroblasts.

These are injected back into the acne scars which have been pre-treated with

subscision. These fibroblasts will help your skin rebuild its very own collagen

(for structure), elastin (for tautness), and hyaluronic acid (for thickness).

Since LaViv uses your body’s own healing resources to give your skin a better

appearance, LaViv is not an instant process - it can take from three to four

months to get results. But because those results are created by your own

body, they can last much longer than conventional fillers. Dr. Rapaport has

been specially trained in Fibrocell LaViv process, and with his extensive

knowledge in the field of acne scar treatment, is a world-class choice to help

you treat acne scars forever.

LaViv received FDA approval June 22, 2011 to treat the appearance of

moderate to severe nasolabial fold wrinkles (smile lines) in adults.

Please call my office for more information at by 201-227-1555 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 201-227-1555 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or by visiting

http://www.cosmeticskin.com

LaViv can also be used to treat:

Crows Feet

Frown Lines

Nose to Mouth Lines

Stretch Marks

http://www.CosmeticSkin.com

=======================

Use the link below to unsubscribe.

http://www.cosmeticskin.com/mail-list/entry.php?action=add&listID=2&[email protected]&what=unsub

^ So according to this one would have to get three sessions of subcision first and then the Laviv? Or does it go subcision followed by Laviv followed by subcision etc.?

^ So according to this one would have to get three sessions of subcision first and then the Laviv? Or does it go subcision followed by Laviv followed by subcision etc.?

im pretty sure its subcision to break the scar tissue, then laviv to fill it in. I read a isologen pdf and dr chu said it would take tremendous pressure by laviv if its only by itself. I wonder if dr chu was the one who found that out? if he did hes really something

I haven't been on these boards lately because it's usually depressing, but this looks promising. I'm excited about this. Just wish I had all the money in the world to get maximum results for my scarring... womp!

im pretty sure its subcision to break the scar tissue, then laviv to fill it in. I read a isologen pdf and dr chu said it would take tremendous pressure by laviv if its only by itself. I wonder if dr chu was the one who found that out? if he did hes really something

So would you have to get all the subcisions done first and then the Laviv, or do you get the Laviv done between sessions?