Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using the regimen for two weeks now and it's helped, although I know I'm purging right now. One of the main problem I'm having is the flakes, which I can deal with. The other problem that I don't know what to do about it I seem to have a bad buildup of product on my face... I can scrape off a ton of white matter off of my skin (which of course I'm trying my best not to do..) I know that this is not ONLY dry skin since it's kind of oily... it's like the BP and the moisturizer and dead skin have all clumped together to make a residue. I know it's a little early for AHA, otherwise I would try that...I feel like sooner or later this is going to seriously clog my pores. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

If its not rubbed in fully it can leave a residue especially the moisturizer, so i spend more time rubbing it all in because it doesnt really absorb by itself too well. Use cotton pads or balls and dip them in warm water and wipe the stuff of your skin. I done this a few times because it does build up on your skin especially the moisturizer because you have to use so much.

Another option (this is what I did) is to use jojoba oil to gently massage it off your face. It doesn't take much pressure and I'm pretty sure it didn't break me out. Even if it did break me out (which I'm 99% sure it didn't), it was enough to hold me over until I hit 5 weeks and then could use AHA+. So that's a pretty good option. Do it before cleansing, etc. - I did it 2-3 times a week and that really helped.