Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dvw1986

When To Start Using Aha

I was on the regimen before and after some time I added in the AHA which worked wonders for my skin. I just started the regimen back up after stopping it for 5 months (don't ask) and begin week 5 tomorrow. I am really dry still so I have been loading up on moisturizer and jojoba, but was wondering when I can add in the AHA? Also, should I use it at night after the bp? TIA!

You can begin using AHA+ at 5 weeks! And do it at night after the BP. You don't have to moisturize after it but you can if you want to - I've never found a need to but some people still have to.

You don't have to but I started off slowly and ramped it up. One week use it once, then the next week use it twice, etc. if you want to be really careful (until you ramp it up to every night). However I cheated a little and used it once the first week, three times the second week, and the third week I started using it every night and I did fine. I did purge a little but that's to be expected I think, then I got super clear. The AHA+ is really awesome in conjunction with BP, something about that combination is magical :)

But you might be able to dive right in, I don't know since I never tried that haha