Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeX10A

Cleanser Causing Dry Skin?

I started using Dan's cleanser and moisturizer and I am finding that my skin is very dry after using the cleanser. Is it perhaps too strong for my face? Should I only use it once a day?

Thanks in advance.

It seems like Dan's cleanser makes your skin dryer but that's not true, you actually just washed off all the oils on your skin (both naturally occurring ones and added ones) and so you're seeing how dry your skin really is right now. I had the same problem when in the first few months of the Regimen. After a while your skin adjusts and it stops being so dry.

However I still wasn't a big fan of the cleanser once I was mostly clear so I thought it was safe to switch to Cetaphil at that point. No problems resulted from it which was nice, and I like the feeling it leaves on my skin :)

So if you're past your purges and such and don't plan to add any more products in the near future, you can consider switching to Cetaphil cleanser. If you aren't past your purges I suggest waiting for some time since you dont' know what Cetaphil will do for you, whether you will break out or purge or not.

Perhaps. I will experiment some more. I definitely can't use it to shave with since my neck gets as dry as a crocodile's.

I will keep the Cetaphil in mind though, thank you.

After a few months of experimenting, it turns out the cleanser was the cause of the dry skin. So, I cleanse only in the morning with one pump and half a pump after I shave every other day.

Cleanser dries my skin out pretty bad as well. I try not to move my face or even talk at all between cleansing and moisturizing because if I do I get cracks and flakes. If I don't move my face it doesn't flake up but it is so tight and dry still. I absolutely don't shave with cleanser either because it just sucks. I don't know how Dan does that. Happy to be 99% more clear than I was before the regimen but I would love to finally just have clear AND normal skin. Regimen is great for clearing but the dryness and effects it has on your skin is crazy. Flakes eventually subside but tightness and overall weird feeling skin doesn't really, and the cleanser Dan makes and the ones he recommends seem to be a huge contributor to the dryness.

i was also having this issue with the cleanser being too drying....since then i switched to Clean & Clear foaming cleanser but the YELLOW sensitive skin one (NOT THE ORANGE one cuz its drying as well).....it doesnt dry my skin and if you are afraid to try it dont worry in target is only 3-4$$ it is so worth it...you can also try PURPOSE by johnson is also for sensitive skin but has the same exactly ingredients as the clean and clear yellow cleanser for sensitive skin.....

Don't worry, this happens to my skin after using dan's cleanser too. It isn't actually the cleanser, you just have no oils on your face. From personal experience, my skin gets dry whenever it comes into contact with water.

My face becomes really dry after using the cleanser as well. That's what two full pumps of moisturiser mixed with 6 drops of jojoba oil are for: to rehydrate your skin and eliminate the dryness and flakiness. teehee.gif