Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
janice66

Don't Really Know What To Do About My Skin?

For the past three months I've managed to reduce my acne by various lotions and potions. I'm currently drinking lemon juice, taking an antibiotic, doing DKR, taking zinc and b5 vitamins. This past week especially I've noticed an improvement in inflammation but now I have all these weird red bumps which aren't proper pimples but like, tiny little ones but there's LOADS of them. I also have a lot of PIH but I'm using jojoba oil to help them fade faster.

Although my skin looks better, it's still not clear and it really annoys me. I'm seeing a new derm next week who will probably offer me accutane (they seem to be very keen on it in this country), do you think I should take it? I'm running out of options. :(

Note: I've included close up pictures taken on a DSLR of my face when it's wet and in direct sunlight - when it looks worst.

http://imageshack.us.../p1020312k.jpg/

http://imageshack.us.../p1020313f.jpg/

Edited by 95tomwest

Skin looks not bad at all!

It sounds & looks like an allergic reaction to something but I'm sure your derm will let you know for sure what it is.

Your skin dosen't look bad enough for accutane to me.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do <3

Edited by Kittyx3

Your skin is nowhere near bad enough for accutane. Don't let your derm talk you into it- it's a very powerful drug that should only be used as a last resort for severe acne. Your skin looks pretty darn good!

I see you've been taking antibiotics. By destroying bacteria, antibiotics sometime leave our skin vulnerable to an overgrowth of yeast- that's why they recommend taking probiotics as well. Yeast overgrowth on the skin (also known as pityrosporum folliculitis) can manifest as numerous tiny pimples, especially around the forehead, hairline and cheeks. I got rid of mine by washing my face with Nizoral shampoo twice a day. Make sure to leave it on for 3-5 minutes. before rinsing. If it's PF, you should start to see results after just a few days. I was clear after a week or two. You can use this in conjunction with other treatments that have been working for you.

Thanks for the replies everyone! biggrin.png Yeah my skin used to be a lot worse but I guess I haven't really noticed the difference because these things take so much time.

Your skin is nowhere near bad enough for accutane. Don't let your derm talk you into it- it's a very powerful drug that should only be used as a last resort for severe acne. Your skin looks pretty darn good!

I see you've been taking antibiotics. By destroying bacteria, antibiotics sometime leave our skin vulnerable to an overgrowth of yeast- that's why they recommend taking probiotics as well. Yeast overgrowth on the skin (also known as pityrosporum folliculitis) can manifest as numerous tiny pimples, especially around the forehead, hairline and cheeks. I got rid of mine by washing my face with Nizoral shampoo twice a day. Make sure to leave it on for 3-5 minutes. before rinsing. If it's PF, you should start to see results after just a few days. I was clear after a week or two. You can use this in conjunction with other treatments that have been working for you.

Edited by 95tomwest