Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PXM1993

Confused With Massive Amounts Of Information...

Jojoba oil, bio oil, cetaphil moisturizer, chemical peels of which there are TCA peels, lactic, salycylic and glycolic acid peels, as well as AHA or BHA peels, and all of differing strengths...

Perhaps someone can understand the problems a new user may face, even browsing the pinned threads hasn't helped me other then to provide me with massive amounts of product names and data.

If anyone has read my other thread (only one reply and no follow up replies, so I doubt it :P) I am suffering from some pretty intense (in my opinion) red marks and PIH.

I currently use Stieva-A tretinoin .1%, and have stopped using the BP prescribed by my derm, on advice that it can merely serve to exaggerate marks.

I also take 500mg cephaxilin sandoz three times daily.

I am hoping for some advice about moisturizers and oils that I can use to help?

I am currently considering Cetaphil moisturiser in either cream or lotion form. As well as this, someone recommended mixing jojoba oil into the cream.

If I were to be adding a moisturizer to my regime, with or without the oil, would I need to change the amount of times i use the Stieva-A?

Side note, and I would LOOOOVE for this to be adressed.

I am seriously considering a chemical peel of some sort, but with my VCE exams coming up I am not sure if it would affect me too much.

I am way too apprehensive about a home treatment, and here is the institute I found that performs them

http://www.thevictoriancosmeticinstitute.com.au/chemical-peels/

They seem okay to me and since I only have information found from google on each type of peel, I was hoping for some first hand information before asking my derm and making an appointment.

If you are on tretinoin I don't think most of those things should really matter. Tretinoin is antibacterial and helps shed skin cells. Because of that you don't need BP or peels. But you may need a moisturizer, personally like cerave PM. It has niacinamide which helps brighten the skin.